How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

Update on file size: Maxwell's speech file grew in size, here's all comments I could find.

Spoiler

DESCRIBE_SAMECHARACTER = "What a dapper fellow!",
    --Pride... Arrogance... Conceit...

MAXWELLPHONOGRAPH = "That accursed thing!",

BEEMINE_MAXWELL = "Maybe I shouldn't have put that there.",

MAXWELL = "Looking good!",
        --This was your fault...
        MAXWELLHEAD = "Hey, handsome.",
        --You did this...
        MAXWELLLIGHT = "Aw, it remembers me.",
        --You...
        MAXWELLLOCK = "It keeps the master in the chair.",
        --You...
        MAXWELLTHRONE = "It's less painful than it looks. Barely.",
        --You haven't escaped its pull...

STATUEMAXWELL = "It seems silly now...",
        --Your hubris... Maxy... it was always your weakness...

TRAP_TEETH_MAXWELL = "I'm... sure I had my reasons when I placed this.",

MULTIPLAYER_PORTAL = "Always did have a flair for the dramatic...",
        --...Make your jokes...I'll be seeing you soon...

Sounds like how somebody would describe his or her ex-friend :p

Sadly, no obfuscated latin demon spells.

5 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Update on file size: Maxwell's speech file grew in size, here's all comments I could find.

Reveal hidden contents

DESCRIBE_SAMECHARACTER = "What a dapper fellow!",
    --Pride... Arrogance... Conceit...

MAXWELLPHONOGRAPH = "That accursed thing!",

BEEMINE_MAXWELL = "Maybe I shouldn't have put that there.",

MAXWELL = "Looking good!",
        --This was your fault...
        MAXWELLHEAD = "Hey, handsome.",
        --You did this...
        MAXWELLLIGHT = "Aw, it remembers me.",
        --You...
        MAXWELLLOCK = "It keeps the master in the chair.",
        --You...
        MAXWELLTHRONE = "It's less painful than it looks. Barely.",
        --You haven't escaped its pull...

STATUEMAXWELL = "It seems silly now...",
        --Your hubris... Maxy... it was always your weakness...

TRAP_TEETH_MAXWELL = "I'm... sure I had my reasons when I placed this.",

MULTIPLAYER_PORTAL = "Always did have a flair for the dramatic...",
        --...Make your jokes...I'll be seeing you soon...

These aren't new, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

Did you just time travel and had your post inserted between... in my notifications, it says your post was new... O__O

(claps)

I think it has to do with the fact that that was their first post on the forum and the first post seems to require someone's confirmation to be shown publicly.

Not sure if its new or not but It's totally about Charlie .
Maxwell speech for petals .
PETALS = "I've a habit of destroying beautiful things, don't I?"

As for the puzzle new piece I will hold my mind to myself for now ... That can be webber but can be a spider ... It can be after the throne but it can be in DST timeline ... So waiting for more pieces .

4 hours ago, NickPuzanov said:

The new flower "Rose" is an allusion to the work of Stephen King's "Dark Tower"!
And "cyclum" is what the Stephen King' book "Dark Tower" about!
(This spider is Mordred (one of characters of the book))

When we're able to submit things in the box that @Tyzin found, I'll totally try to type dark tower, I already thought we could have a dungeon to rescue (or attack) Charlie, this may as well be a dark tower.

I can imagine Charlie sitting on a throne with this sad, astonished face pose, known from some previous puzzles... It makes me sad.
You can say that she is angry about Maxwell and DETERMINED to do some bad stuff, but remember Maxwell in Don't Starve? He said some evil stuff etc. in Adventure Mode, but when he is found in Epilogue, he looks really different, so...

Ah, I hope you know what I mean.

Just now, Maslak said:

I can imagine Charlie sitting on a throne with this sad, astonished face pose, known from some previous puzzles... It makes me sad.
You can say that she is angry about Maxwell and DETERMINED to do some bad stuff, but remember Maxwell in Don't Starve? He said some evil stuff etc. in Adventure Mode, but when he is found in Epilogue, he looks really different, so...

I was thinking, if charlie becomes a playable character ever, her W name would be.. WARLY, THE ShipWrecked characher! Yes guys charlie is a guy and he's deserted on an island, I solved this whole mystery!

I'm joking incase you didn't notice lol

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

I was thinking, if charlie becomes a playable character ever, her W name would be.. WARLY, THE ShipWrecked characher! Yes guys charlie is a guy and he's deserted on an island, I solved this whole mystery!

I'm joking incase you didn't notice lol

Wacharlicia...

Or maybe it's a new survival feature / enemy . Like you need to survive the night while Charlie/Charile minions are tring to kill you . Or something like the volcano appease/stop Charlie and you will survive if you don't it will be a way harder to survive . 

1 minute ago, 1v0 said:

Or maybe it's a new survival feature / enemy . Like you need to survive the night while Charlie/Charile minions are tring to kill you . Or something like the volcano appease/stop Charlie and you will survive if you don't it will be a way harder to survive . 

or maybe a slenderman(except its charlie) like gamemode XD

33 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Though it wasn't Maxwell.

I mean, after being trapped for all these years, who would want you to not release them? The "maxwell" didn't, except for the real one in epilogue.

Its pretty much confirmed that they're shadow impostors I think.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/max/process.php

i found this in the source code:<div class="error">You entered ...nothing happened.</div>

maybe its a quote that we have to finish bcz when u type smth in the box it changes e.g You entered ruins ...nothing happened.

Also this is interesting 

<link href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Annie+Use+Your+Telescope" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

@Gavary_Henaii For this first update, at least, they directly updated the image resource, so I highly doubt it's rolling based on time zone. It would, however, get screwed up by caching. In Chrome, ctrl+shift+R should force it to reload rather than draw from the cache, so you can try that. Don't spam it, though, poor Klei servers :(

@Enforcer That's a really old puzzle that was already finished.

So, this probably isn't the case, but it seems a little odd that the orientation of the book changes from frame four to six (in one, the spider is east to the W- in the second, the spider is north of it). If this isn't an error, this would imply that there are two spiders- one in front of maxwell, and one to his left)

*handy diagram*{

2          W

}

Anyway, if this is the case- that'd mean it's possible spider two is webber- right? Just something to consider while we wait for the next frames .o.

45 minutes ago, unkoun said:

So, this probably isn't the case, but it seems a little odd that the orientation of the book changes from frame four to six (in one, the spider is east to the W- in the second, the spider is north of it). If this isn't an error, this would imply that there are two spiders- one in front of maxwell, and one to his left)

*handy diagram*{

2          W

}

Anyway, if this is the case- that'd mean it's possible spider two is webber- right? Just something to consider while we wait for the next frames .o.

Or it could just be a mistake on the artists end. Good ol' Unobro, overthinking stuff like usual :)

Archived