New things in the release! Post your Findings here!

5 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

Nope, my bad, its not a special Wendy! but! it looked like a backpack Bigfoot skin! with bell attached to it :) 

I believe what you mentioned can be found in Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\images\bg_spiral_fill8.tex, below is the sort of LESS distorted Wendy with the BigFoot Backpack:

wendybigfoot.png

Adding to the topic of new stuff in DST, I found some new item images (well new to me, since it's been a while since I last checked the game files), no prefabs to them as far as I can tell. They are referred to as follows (unknown_body, unknown_hand, unknown_head respectively in the inventory_images.xml):

unknowns.png

Will add more, when I find anything else.

Speculation:

Spoiler

I think these unknown_items images are for the Trade INN, if you guys recall the devs said (mainly PeterA) that there will be unique vanity item Trade Inn recipes that you can get if you have the specific vanity items specified in the recipe to trade in. Some of those recipes would also possibly only have a limited time window in which you can get it.

Conjecture 1:

So maybe in the future if you want to craft a random head vanity item, you can select the unknown_head in the Trade Inn screen and the available Head Vanity Item recipes for that week/month will appear for you to select from.

Since these unknown_items didn't have any prefab items (which would allow them to be spawned), I figured they'd be used elsewhere on the game. Plus with them shown as pieces of paper taped to a surface, that's where I started to think its related to the Trade Inn in some way.

On the other hand these won't allow specific vanity recipes for items i.e. backpacks,  torches, etc. or do they fall under the unknown_hand category? I don't really know, maybe they'll add in a tools/weapons category later on.

Conjecture 2:

These unknown_items could be Vanity Recipes that you can find in the world while playing. Probably appears the same way Vanity Items do now with the pop-up button OR these Vanity Item Recipes come with any of the Vanity Items you get in that specific week. Once found and opened, the specific Vanity Item Recipe will be available to you in the Trade Inn screen. 

*Tallbird backpack comes out*
"I need that >.>"

*Dragonfly backpack comes out*
"Nvm, I need that. >.>"

*Glommer backpack is found in files*
"NVM NVM, I need THAT if/when it comes out"

*BigFoot backpack picture*

*Dies*

5 hours ago, KrisRF said:

Hi osmRhodey! I'm glad you like the new lines!

Some of Maxwell's new inspection strings in DST canonically take place after the DS story and therefore can't be in DS, but I'll be sure to move over all the narratively congruent lines for you so they're ready for the next update! :wilson_nerdy:

Yay! We can finally have Crockpot quotes! hahaha

Wolfgang has a new attribute, 'Always skips leg day.' I have no idea what it does; his speed in wimpy, normal and mighty forms seems to be the same, and I can't think of anything else it'd do. Anyone else learn something about this?

Just now, 772911_1452795010 said:

If i buy ds right now, can i still get the skins?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the new loyal Fire pit "Mini Monument" skin is for those who bought RoG for DST before it became free.  So buying DS now wouldn't count.

Just now, Celophone said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the new loyal Fire pit "Mini Monument" skin is for those who bought RoG for DST before it became free.  So buying DS now wouldn't count.

You mean rog for ds? My friend had rog for DS and he redeemed it.

37 minutes ago, Celophone said:

You're wrong actually.

Appearently, buying it in general, lets you redeem the fire pit. Its also the better way IMO, since that way you don't punish whoever didnt know about DS before, while still rewarding anyone who does buy it(other than that person just getting an awesome game/expansion anyway).

12 hours ago, nome said:

Yeah, RoG gifts are in (they're done through the new code redemption system - have fun speculating what other uses we'll be putting that to! :) ). Early Access gifts are coming, I just need to plough through millions of you guys. ;) Thanks in advance for your patience!

Backpack skin! Backpack skin! 

11 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Did anyone notice Maxwell's new perk 'used to be the king of the world'?

Oooo. Does it do anything?

9 hours ago, Fiirewolvar said:

Anyone else discovered Maxwell's new quote when he inspects his statue ("It seems silly now..."), as well as the fact that his name is crossed out on the title screen?

It's pretty sad, like he's lost all of his power...

I didn't notice these before. More lore related quotes too?

1 hour ago, Chomdax said:

Wolfgang has a new attribute, 'Always skips leg day.' I have no idea what it does; his speed in wimpy, normal and mighty forms seems to be the same, and I can't think of anything else it'd do. Anyone else learn something about this?

I was about to ask the same thing.

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

It just means he only exercises his arms.

On an unrelated note:Maxy killed by a flower, Day 7.

So its another joke perk? Damn, I was hoping it would be like Woodie's, which is a joke, but is also a real perk

12 hours ago, Zillvr said:

I believe what you mentioned can be found in Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\images\bg_spiral_fill8.tex, below is the sort of LESS distorted Wendy with the BigFoot Backpack:

Adding to the topic of new stuff in DST, I found some new item images (well new to me, since it's been a while since I last checked the game files), no prefabs to them as far as I can tell. They are referred to as follows (unknown_body, unknown_hand, unknown_head respectively in the inventory_images.xml):

unknowns.png

Will add more, when I find anything else.

Speculation:

Hide contents

I think these unknown_items images are for the Trade INN, if you guys recall the devs said (mainly PeterA) that there will be unique vanity item Trade Inn recipes that you can get if you have the specific vanity items specified in the recipe to trade in. Some of those recipes would also possibly only have a limited time window in which you can get it.

Conjecture 1:

So maybe in the future if you want to craft a random head vanity item, you can select the unknown_head in the Trade Inn screen and the available Head Vanity Item recipes for that week/month will appear for you to select from.

Since these unknown_items didn't have any prefab items (which would allow them to be spawned), I figured they'd be used elsewhere on the game. Plus with them shown as pieces of paper taped to a surface, that's where I started to think its related to the Trade Inn in some way.

On the other hand these won't allow specific vanity recipes for items i.e. backpacks,  torches, etc. or do they fall under the unknown_hand category? I don't really know, maybe they'll add in a tools/weapons category later on.

Conjecture 2:

These unknown_items could be Vanity Recipes that you can find in the world while playing. Probably appears the same way Vanity Items do now with the pop-up button OR these Vanity Item Recipes come with any of the Vanity Items you get in that specific week. Once found and opened, the specific Vanity Item Recipe will be available to you in the Trade Inn screen. 

"Unknown item" images are from Character Inspect option. Those images are used for the modded item's inventory icon, sometimes (not 100% sure when that occurs,  just know some of my items were like that). Well, at least they were used some time ago. Those images aren't new.

Just now, PanAzej said:

"Unknown item" images are from Character Inspect option. Those images are used for the modded item's inventory icon, sometimes (not 100% sure when that occurs,  just know some of my items were like that). Well, at least they were used some time ago. Those images aren't new.

Ok, so it's what shows up in the Character Inspect GUI when the specific player is using a Custom Mod Item that the game doesn't recognize? I don't use mods like that, which is probably why it's new to me. Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers.

Just now, Zillvr said:

Ok, so it's what shows up in the Character Inspect GUI when the specific player is using a Custom Mod Item that the game doesn't recognize? I don't use mods like that, which is probably why it's new to me. Thanks for clearing that up. Cheers.

Yeah, when the Inspect option was introduced my items were shown this way. If I'm not mistaken it happens when the inventory icon/atlas name isn't the same as item's prefab.

10 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

You're wrong actually.

Appearently, buying it in general, lets you redeem the fire pit. Its also the better way IMO, since that way you don't punish whoever didnt know about DS before, while still rewarding anyone who does buy it(other than that person just getting an awesome game/expansion anyway).

Ahhhh.  Thank you for clarifying.  I wasn't aware of this, since I haven't had the time to check to see if I was able to redeem it myself.  I definitely agree that this is a better way.  But, does buying DS now get you it still?  Just asking because another person was curious. Nvm I got my answer.

Archived