Don't Starve Together FAQ

On 11/9/2019 at 1:54 AM, Mike23Ua said:

game is called Don’t Starve Together after all.. but what I DON’T want is to hear what sounds like a hundred 9 year old children all yelling at one another on their headsets & would like to ask Is there a way to turn Microphone chat off completely??

There is a voice chat feature on the XBox Version?!! now that's something completely lacking on the PC version. we have to resort to Discord. Can that be added to to PC in the future? Perhaps as a feature that can be enabled on world generation that comes with a symbol on the lobby like PvP enabled.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

On 11/11/2019 at 4:06 AM, SinancoTheBest said:

There is a voice chat feature on the XBox Version?!! now that's something completely lacking on the PC version. we have to resort to Discord. Can that be added to to PC in the future? Perhaps as a feature that can be enabled on world generation that comes with a symbol on the lobby like PvP enabled.

You guys DONT have game chat?????

Yikes..... I'm sorry...... 

Even PS4 has it.....

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

Hi everybody! I've unlocked Wortox with the spools, and in this Halloween there´s a promo for the 2020 starter pack and includes Wortox, if I buy this starter pack they´re going to give me spools for the second Wortox or something? 

• Spool 1

6 hours ago, Billy-Ray said:

Hi everybody! I've unlocked Wortox with the spools, and in this Halloween there´s a promo for the 2020 starter pack and includes Wortox, if I buy this starter pack they´re going to give me spools for the second Wortox or something? 

Yes, dont expect the same amount that it cost but you will recive some

• Shopcat 1

On 10/22/2020 at 8:04 PM, Billy-Ray said:

You'll get another Wortox head and you can unweave that for some spools. Happened for me when I got the free Wormwood with hamlet, you'll get like 900 spools or so. 

On 11/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, Bluepufferfish said:

You'll get another Wortox head and you can unweave that for some spools. Happened for me when I got the free Wormwood with hamlet, you'll get like 900 spools or so. 

all the spools

rule the world with your thread! BOW DOWN NOW TO OUR WEAVING OVERLORD

The shadow texture bug for above average trees has been has been unresolved on console for almost a month now (or more). I'm not an impatient person but I do wonder why the devs are having such a hard time. Wish I could help them somehow...

Really hard to build around them with no shadow to guide me.

• Wavey 1

26 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Will more of hte recent QoL changes from DST be ported over to singleplayer Don't Starve?

I highly doubt it, single player is a very outdated ancient relic of a game at this point.. I went back and played it to play Shipwrecked & Hamlet expansions again but it just doesn’t hold up to DST in any way shape or form.

Picking up items don’t even do a basic QOL that DST has had for years- Auto stack those items- And it enrages me when I have a stack of 26 sticks and want to add 4 more to them but instead they go into their own area wasting slots in my inventory & I have to manually grab and move them into the pile, in DST they stack automatically by themselves.

But that’s just one outdated example- mobs in your inventory & the thermal stone itself in solo DS have no spoil duration.. the games age is starting to show.

Or the game actual going into a Paused Status when viewing Mini-Map or Accessing your inventory (Face it DS Single player is almost a decade behind in modern gaming) Even when I play MINECRAFT in Single Player Offline Mode- The game doesn’t pause while looking at my Mini Map or messing with inventory because those things are a core part of the game:

I can’t begin to count how many times I have hilariously been blown off a mountain by a creeper while checking my map to find my buddies.

DS Single Player is an Outdated relic.

Now to tell the truth I had only been playing Solo DS over DST to begin with BECAUSE I could pause the game at any time to go pee and comeback right where I left off- and thanks to the upcoming October Update I will be able to also do that in DST.

When that update comes out the only reason I would have to revisit solo DS is it’s DLCs.. but that’s pretty crappy to be honest-

I have to choose between playing dlcs in the highly outdated single player game, or not getting to enjoy that dlc content to play the superior DST with friends.

If your reading this Klei- I would gladly Pay you 15$ each for Shipwrecked & Hamlet expansions that work with DST.. then I would literally have no reason to play the original game: 

But until that happens I’ll just Praise the heavens DST is finally getting a pause button!

• Sad 1