How to cure the diseased bush?

Do you mean when they go brown? That means they need to be fertilised. This happens during summer (they wither) and when you plant them back down. Also, if you replant a berry bush, it'll need fertilising again every ~5 harvests.

You can use manure and rot to fertilise them. Just click on the item in your inventory and move the cursor (holding the fertiliser) over the bush. A prompt will appear to fertilise it. Then, left click to fertilise the bush.

The same applies to farm plots (which very occasionally must be fertilised) and grass tufts. Saplings never need to be fertilised unless they wither in Summer.

If you're wondering, you can get manure from beefalo or by feeding pigs certain foods (like flower petals, berries and butterfly wings), and rot can be acquired by leaving almost any food type for a long time (the coloured bar on the food will go all the way down).

5 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Do you mean when they go brown? That means they need to be fertilised. This happens during summer (they wither) and when you plant them back down. Also, if you replant a berry bush, it'll need fertilising again every ~5 harvests.

You can use manure and rot to fertilise them. Just click on the item in your inventory and move the cursor (holding the fertiliser) over the bush. A prompt will appear to fertilise it. Then, left click to fertilise the bush.

The same applies to farm plots (which very occasionally must be fertilised) and grass tufts. Saplings never need to be fertilised unless they wither in Summer.

If you're wondering, you can get manure from beefalo or by feeding pigs certain foods (like flower petals, berries and butterfly wings), and rot can be acquired by leaving almost any food type for a long time (the coloured bar on the food will go all the way down).

Uhh... I think he means the thing in the update... IDK if it's the same as withering, but there are "diseased" things in DST now...

So if you made a base and had a bunch of berry bushes that then went diseased, would they then be replaced in the base? I do admit that I like the idea of having to go get more plants in the work to keep your base set up. It makes it a little more challenging. 

Last night I played with a bunch of nice guys on my server and we collected a bunch of grass and the new pimped berries bushes and planted them in our  base then used buckets of manure to revive them. A few days later saw them turn into the diseased form and then disappear completely, or at least that I was been told as nobody grief-ed us. What bothers me is that we haven't had the chance to actually pick the fruits of our labor. :)

So, will there be any means of fixing the diseased stuff? Used a shovel on some sapling that started to turn and had them back in my inventory as non- diseased saplings and planted them again and where in a "normal" state to see them turn again in a couple of game time hours (minutes in real life).

So, anyone had the chance to experiment the new mechanic and found out it's weaknesses? :D

12 minutes ago, cezarica said:

Last night I played with a bunch of nice guys on my server and we collected a bunch of grass and the new pimped berries bushes and planted them in our  base then used buckets of manure to revive them. A few days later saw them turn into the diseased form and then disappear completely, or at least that I was been told as nobody grief-ed us. What bothers me is that we haven't had the chance to actually pick the fruits of our labor. :)

So, will there be any means of fixing the diseased stuff? Used a shovel on some sapling that started to turn and had them back in my inventory as non- diseased saplings and planted them again and where in a "normal" state to see them turn again in a couple of game time hours (minutes in real life).

So, anyone had the chance to experiment the new mechanic and found out it's weaknesses? :D

Well, I'm just going to chime in by saying I love how the new update makes the "dig everything up and move them into a large farm area" tactic less viable... I love wandering through the map picking as I go and leaving things for others to pick in the future... sure, a base of operations is a good thing to have but if you just bring everything to your base, you'd get bored fast and not even venture out into the world... save for that first winter where you hunt down mctusks for their tams and tusks but when you have all that, adventure disappears... plus in some way, it will let the new guys to the game who, just as they enter the game in day 5, ask about "where's the base?" and not even try to explore and see the wonder of the randomly generated world, learn more... IDK <.<

14 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Well according to the updated patch notes, they just die off and get replaced with the alternate variant... juicy to regular... petrified to regular rock(?)

Aww I wanted to keep petrified trees. They look so cool.

Are they replaced in the same spot, or just die out and then something else spawns in the world somewhere?

I hope its not the latter, as it'll really not help base building, which is why people play lategame anyway. 

6 hours ago, FTR said:

I agree with adding stuff to make it more challenging to maintain a healthy base, but can we actually cure those plants?

Something like the flingomatic, but against diseases, should exist IMO.

And have another method that just isn't automatic, so that its cheaper but takes more of your limited time until the diseased plant dies, but the flingomatic like thing would be better than it 

6 hours ago, Bahlsen said:

Theory : certain things need to be placed on certain turfs so as not to have diseases, this would give the fork an important use. Like grasses on savannah only, etc...

This would actually make a lot of sense. I skipped to day 744 on console last night, and the grass tufts near beefalos never became diseased, and some berry bushes remained at some point at least.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Aww I wanted to keep petrified trees. They look so cool.

Are they replaced in the same spot, or just die out and then something else spawns in the world somewhere?

I hope its not the latter, as it'll really not help base building, which is why people play lategame anyway. 

Well, I don't really know the specifics, but from what I read, variants will interchange as the other dies off... but with the petrified trees, I think it's trees turning old and becoming rocks... but I can't really make sure of it as I haven't found one yet... <.<

Just now, Asparagus said:

Well, I don't really know the specifics, but from what I read, variants will interchange as the other dies off... but with the petrified trees, I think it's trees turning old and becoming rocks... but I can't really make sure of it as I haven't found one yet... <.<

From testing they appear to take the longest to appear.

My favorite honestly is the grass gekkos. They don't outright destroy grass sources, but they're a much more unique way of obtaining grass. Spooking them, taking their tails, and then closing up the pen again, is what I'd like to do with them. 

6 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Well, I'm just going to chime in by saying I love how the new update makes the "dig everything up and move them into a large farm area" tactic less viable... I love wandering through the map picking as I go and leaving things for others to pick in the future... sure, a base of operations is a good thing to have but if you just bring everything to your base, you'd get bored fast and not even venture out into the world... save for that first winter where you hunt down mctusks for their tams and tusks but when you have all that, adventure disappears... plus in some way, it will let the new guys to the game who, just as they enter the game in day 5, ask about "where's the base?" and not even try to explore and see the wonder of the randomly generated world, learn more... IDK <.<

The thing is, if you already explored the map entirely (which doesn't take THAT much time), then walking for 15minutes just to get few berries is just unneccessary inconvenience.

I just about this update of more like a thing to make it harder to maintain the base so you would have to actively work to keep it going and for example abandoned bases in dst wouldn't be just source of free materials.

1 hour ago, FTR said:

The thing is, if you already explored the map entirely (which doesn't take THAT much time), then walking for 15minutes just to get few berries is just unneccessary inconvenience.

Well, I would plant like 3-9 berry bushes in my base from time to time when I have someone who finds and joins my camp... but when you're in a server where almost everyone makes a base or a "super farm" base, almost all the berry bushes in the world get dug up and new comers have nothing to eat save for the mole meat and butterflies (if there are still flowers around)... I'm an advocate for big bases but when it comes to natural resources, I try to keep my impact to a minimum... but hey, most dedicated servers are set to Survival mode anyway so it doesn't really matter if you conserve or not XD

On 21/4/2016 at 7:38 AM, Asparagus said:

To be honest i really dislike (if not straight out hate) this mechanic and here is why.

I love building gigantic bases with huge farms... - and seeing hours of work being wasted within 2-5 minutes due to something you have no chance to stop really isn't enjoyable in my book. It is like having wildfires but no ice flingomatic or water balloons, it'll burn down your base so you can build a new one from the ground again just like it was before. This does not change things up this just makes people waste time doing the gathering of berry bushes, grass etc. again and again all the time without being able to see progress.
Atleast make a way to avoid disease 100% in the base and farms, like a kind of ice flingomatic to remove and/or prevent disease or make it so that grass cannot be diseased on grass turf (that would actually make the turfs useful for something)...
Not being able to build a lasting base would be a goodbye for my part.

1 hour ago, FloraGreen said:

Not being able to build a lasting base would be a goodbye for my part.

Au contraire mi amor, a "base" is not measured merely by the amount of berry bushes, grass tufts, and saplings you migrate to your central operating area...

If I may, there are plenty of Base Builders in Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together... I myself, not boasting, are one of such...

I personally don't find berries that much of a loss from a base... yes, now, they are essential for making rot for booster shots, but juicy berry bushes are better at it... for food production, I look to Spiders, Bees, and Bird Cages... for most the most part, grass and twigs are easy to come by and a mere dozen or so of each can sustain a base of 6...

So... yeah... also, partly the reason for why I don't employ that many grass/saplings/berry bushes in my bases is because of the lag that would result from too many things being loaded on-screen :T

But I do respect your answer as most do like to have berry bushes and the like in close proximity... and for the most part, it is a good strategy for those who are still a bit new to the game... 

Warning too many things (some are from pre-RoG in DST as I cannot fit all of the things in this post and will just be bad advertising):

Spoiler

Basecamp.pngcastleentrance.pngcastle_mainquarters.pngcastle_kitchenaviarystoreroom.pngwendy-swampfarmcampmain.pngwendy-swampfarmcampreedbunny.pngwendy-swampfarmcammeatpoop.pngwendy-swampfarmcampbeadandhoney.pngwendy-portalcamp.pngwendy-mainfrontyard.pngwendy-mainfrontyardfarms.pngwendy-mainfrontyardfarmsevil.pngwendy-mainfort.pngwendy-mainfortspiders.pngwendy-mainfortbees.pngwendy-mainfortpoopersandmeat.pngwendy-mainforttelelocator.pngwendy-mainfortburnables.pngwendy-pigcityking.pngwendy-pigcitycamp.pngwendy-pigcitycampentrance.pngwendy-pigcitycampentrance2.pngwendy-pigcityentrance.pngmycastleturfs.pngwigfid-cemetery1.png

Archived