[Game Update] - 174200

6 hours ago, KimThought said:

It looks like "Extra Equip Slots" mod is causing the issue.

I disabled this mod and i was able to join my old world fine.

Also after regenerating the world, i could join the game with no problem with this mod enabled, but crashes as soon as i pick up a backpack.

It's not just Extra Equip Slots mod, it's all mods that add their own equip slot.

@V2C, since there is difference between

GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS.NEWSLOT = "newslot"
GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOT_IDS = {}
local slot = 0
for k, v in pairs(GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS) do
    slot = slot + 1
    GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOT_IDS[v] = slot
end
slot = nil

and

local slot = 0
for k, v in pairs(GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS) do
    slot = slot + 1
end
GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS.NEWSLOT = "newslot"
GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOT_IDS[GLOBAL.EQUIPSLOTS.NEWSLOT] = slot + 1
slot = nil

(some slots get different numbers), I wonder which one of those fixes is better.

Edited by Muche
JavaScript highlighting makes "local slot = 0" into "local slot ="

9 hours ago, RickyakaBlitz said:

So, Every resource except boulders can go diseased? Why is this in? In my opinion, this is a pretty risky feature, All i see is that this change sort of ruins resources for bases/"mega"bases.

I suppose we might get some kind of medicine to fix our resources...?

I don't think Starting Resource Variety world customization works as intended.

Setting it to None still spawned some twig trees. Probably because map/customise.lua set it to classic and map/forest_map.lua responds to none.

Welp, my world has absolutely 0 saplings, only twiggy trees, which means I need an axe to chop twigs. I kind of liked not having to use tools to harvest my stock of twigs, not to mention you have to replant the seeds...

Also, does anyone know what the new Sandbox options "Starting Variety" and "Changing Resources" affect? 

• Like 1

Sorry, not sure if I'm the only one that's having issues, but I tried regenerating my world on my dedicated server twice, but no signs of having any of the new resource variants.

I'm on the latest version 174230.

18 minutes ago, iPwnJ00 said:

Sorry, not sure if I'm the only one that's having issues, but I tried regenerating my world on my dedicated server twice, but no signs of having any of the new resource variants.

I'm on the latest version 174230.

same for me on my dedicated server Linux

it's works when i try with host game but not with dedicated server

@Klei, we need new worldgenoverride.lua for having new resource?

1 hour ago, Bahlsen said:

If you have twiggy trees instead of twigs, good luck making a torch if you haven't joined day 1. In my experience, most players join day 7-8, I don't know if they'll be able to survive their first night. 

Oh wow they gave Woodie a "buff" so useful. :^(

To bad he won't have too much going for him when they add Maxwell other than self use and befriending mobs for little longer.

Edited by GiddyGuy

22 minutes ago, CassieCroft said:

All in all - I just want to ask why?

Why do this? I do like the new content but I feel like it's at the expense of others - especially the normal berry bushes.....whyyy!

IDK, I feel like I must apologize but to be clear, thee world was not devoid of normal berry bushes:

20160420111444_1.jpg

All I asked was that the usual berry bushes found on the MooseGoose nests are gone... not saying the world did not have regular bushes...

• Developer
12 hours ago, McLovinDST said:

Personally, I just have a question about /rescue....

Right now, it checks if the player is standing on water/blackness, and if so, tries to put them back on to nearby land. If you discover bugs and exploits related to this, please post them in the bug forums! :)

11 hours ago, KimThought said:

i wish there was a way to change your worldgenoverride.lua with these new prefabs included :/

They will be active by default when the world regenerates. I will update the worldgenoverride thread to include the new settings if you want to tweak them. Bear in mind that the alternate resources are randomly chosen: It's possible that it "chooses" all the original resources!

11 hours ago, SepiaPaper said:

are we gonna get these "Diseased" variants in DS:ROG?

This is a brand new system unrelated to any of the ROG systems. It won't be going in to single player at this time.

11 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Umm... are the berry bushes in the MooseGoose Nest supposed to disappear?

It seems that set-piece berry bushes are just as susceptible to disease as regular berry bushes! Thanks for mentioning it. We're looking in to how we want to handle this. 

5 hours ago, Muche said:

I don't think Starting Resource Variety world customization works as intended.

Setting it to None still spawned some twig trees. Probably because map/customise.lua set it to classic and map/forest_map.lua responds to none.

Aah, you're right! That will be fixed for the next update.

• Like 3