"Give" Prompt to the Seaworthy

I don't really know programming so I don't know how complicated will such a thing be, but is it possible to give the Seaworthy a "give" prompt? Like with how you can send things to the other wormhole via one wormhole.

Since going back and forth just for a few items is not exactly the most fun thing(Loading screen, few seconds of gameplay, loading screen, few seconds, loading screen again), if this is possible it would be a nice feature.

Thinking out loud... The challenge here is that the worlds do not work at the same time. The one you are not on is just a save game file. So you need somewhere else to store the items that you want to send through. It may be possible to store this information with the character, in two separate blocks, one for items going to Sw the other for items going to RoG. During onload, the proper set of items can just be dropped on the ground. Yes, I think this is doable.

16 hours ago, stl1234 said:

Thinking out loud... The challenge here is that the worlds do not work at the same time. The one you are not on is just a save game file. So you need somewhere else to store the items that you want to send through. It may be possible to store this information with the character, in two separate blocks, one for items going to Sw the other for items going to RoG. During onload, the proper set of items can just be dropped on the ground. Yes, I think this is doable.

Can you describe to me exactly how the seaworthy works right now? You would rather it drop your items?

6 hours ago, NoQuitting said:

Can you describe to me exactly how the seaworthy works right now? You would rather it drop your items?

I don't know the details. I've not investigated. It is not the main inventory items that would be dropped. From what I can gather, it keeps the character data intact, and loads a new world save. In any case, since everything about the character is carried over, the character data must be passed as is.

So I was thinking something along the lines of :

• Seaworthy is given the trader component
  • Onaccept adds the item to a new array on the character (probably as a new component, works similar to inventory component). There are two arrays let's call them "toSW" and "toRoG". If you are in RoG, the item is added to toSW array, if you are in SW the item is added to toRoG array
  • During the on load (or maybe on post load, not sure of the technical requirements)  event, if you are in SW,  toSW array is emptied and all items fall to the ground, otherwise toRoG array is emptied the same way.

Should be relatively easy to prototype, by creating two copies of the inventory component as ToSwInventory and ToRoGInventory. Inventory already saves all items, and has a method to drop all items. Only thing to change there would be adding the drop code in onload. Trader component is also there with all the events. SaveGameIndex:IsModeShipwrecked() is also there to distinguish between SW and RoG.

I'm not sure however, if all of these are moddable.

Archived