(Suggestion) Beefalo Hat for Water Beefalo

There is not a comparable item SW if you wanna avoid being destroyed if the Water Beefalo are mating. It is very hard to avoid them, because there is no visible marker to indicate this (red butts in RoG). And since Water Beefalo have an unavoidable melee attack, I'm always afraid this might be the last trip for my world.

Please devs, give us a Water Beefalo Hat. 

21 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I never saw them in a mating season. Don't their horns become red or they stand up or something?

Also I think I heard once they only are hostile on land somehow, and not on sea.

Can confirm. Had Water Beefalos clearly in mating season yet they gave 0 s**ts about me. Although they had it out for Packim for some odd reason however they completly ignore the player.

Also Waterbeefalos afaik can't leave the Mangrove Forests from what i saw so if you noticed that they are in mating season just avoid them for a while. It's not like there are usefull ressources in those places anyway besides a bit of manure (what you can easily wait a few days for till the Beefalos have cooled down again), Grass (cause that's so rare) and the Mangroves what also are not really usefull in the long run.

Just now, Mr.P said:

Can confirm. Had Water Beefalos clearly in mating season yet they gave 0 s**ts about me. Although they had it out for Packim for some odd reason however they completly ignore the player.

Also Waterbeefalos afaik can't leave the Mangrove Forests from what i saw so if you noticed that they are in mating season just avoid them for a while. It's not like there are usefull ressources in those places anyway besides a bit of manure (what you can easily wait a few days for till the Beefalos have cooled down again), Grass (cause that's so rare) and the Mangroves what also are not really usefull in the long run.

During Dry Season the mangrove biomes are helpful because of the no withering, but still, good point

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

During Dry Season the mangrove biomes are helpful because of the no withering, but still, good point

Even then Beefalo Mating Season afaik isn't that long so you can wait a few days till you need to go to the Mangroves. Or alternatively you go near the Forest when an Eruption happens and hope the buggers get hit by a Dragoon Egg or two.

Archived