(Suggestion) Icons for chest

In SW is really difficult to keep your inventory organized... Hurricane and Monsoon Season and wind in general don't allow to use markers on the floor for every item... 

We need icons for chests with every item in the game or at least with some clear categories (wood, grass, twigs, poop, bamboo, magic, nautical, hats, armor, weapons, gold, doubloons, etc)

32 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

In SW is really difficult to keep your inventory organized... Hurricane and Monsoon Season and wind in general don't allow to use markers on the floor for every item... 

We need icons for chests with every item in the game or at least with some clear categories (wood, grass, twigs, poop, bamboo, magic, nautical, hats, armor, weapons, gold, doubloons, etc)

Do you mean have chests with icons based on what is inside of the chest? How exactly would that work?

I don't think this is a functionality that needs to be in the game by default. Instead of building this, I'd rather have the developers spend time on fixing bugs and introducing things to address problematic mechanics.

This however is a good idea for a mod, and maybe it already exists. If you don't want mods, there is always paper & pencil.

10 hours ago, NoQuitting said:

Do you mean have chests with icons based on what is inside of the chest? How exactly would that work?

That's what I mean. Having a picture on the chest of the items I want to store. A little image like that can save a lot of time.

2 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

There's already an x-ray chest mod. It shows you what items are inside when you hover your cursor on the chest.

That's not what I mean. Having a visual marker is very useful.

I would be happy just to be able to color code the chests! Not only would they look nice, but categorizing the chests would get easier. Hell, if they wanted to, could make 'dyes' a recipe at some point. Papyrus + items representing different colors.(Bananas = yellow, seaweed = green, etc)

But I agree, this could be a mod or much later feature.

Archived