Tone down the Difficulty (Monsoon Season)

1 hour ago, Mr.P said:

Well to be fair Asp has a slight point. Sometimes you'r posts have this slightly passive-aggressive tone to them where even I start to just roll my eyes because it could have been said in a more friendly tone.

Maybe it's because you tend to write your posts in this short type and thus a lot of the original meaning gets lost amd because of that it sounds like you'r just going around telling everyone to " git gud scrub".

Don't worry about it, i just ignore the idiots these type of people are always out there looking to annoy or disrespect people in every corner of the internet. Anyway Thanks for the help Mr.P :).

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

*sigh* just saying, directing statements like that that belittle the reader will get the attention of moderators... this thread does not need to be locked for that.

I too started Don't Starve with trial and error, but we don't have to be jerks towards new players about it T_T. Anyone can be good at this game in time...

just ignore the idiot and and the rest of us sensible people can all have a nice day. Thanks for all your input Asparagus :)

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Also, OP, not just wooden flooring works. If you can craft this type of turf, than puddles can't spawn on it. Carpets, cobblestone, checkered, etc.

Thanks man, appreciate it. maybe when i start to get things going then i can have these luxury carpets and floorings :p

59 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Honestly @TeoSS69 if someone doesn't like your tone, then why are you acting like the child and keep responding if anything you should just stop, apologize, and let someone else take over that can word it more nicely.

Don't let that guy ruin your day or drag you to an argument, yeah what he is doing is very childish and anti social but just ignore him and us big boys can have the proper discussion. Thanks for all your help and everything you contributed GiddyGuy :)  

10 minutes ago, ShadowZHit said:

Don't let that guy ruin your day or drag you to an argument, yeah what he is doing is very childish and anti social but just ignore him and us big boys can have the proper discussion. Thanks for all your help and everything you contributed GiddyGuy :)

Thank you but I think most of the other forum goers helped out way more, and even I forgive Teo even if s/he's a little...childish, even I must admit I might have acted a bit overzealous, but many thanks for fixing my aching heart. ♥ 

Just now, TeoSS69 said:

It's cool if you insult me because you're being nice. You're a hero. <3

I don't even know what to think anymore. Calling it Karma would be out of taste. I guess you can have a like cuz that was clever. Objectively looking at it, you're not wrong. Good Job senior strongman you just made my day (no sarcasm implied). Though I still think you were being a bit too rough and it lead to this whole thing .-. I agree with your points about adapting and learning but how they were worded was what threw me off.

Just now, Asparagus said:

how they were worded was what threw me off.

Try not to think about that sort of thing to much. Not everyone's out for beginner blood, and not everything that doesn't have smileys or nice words in them is meant to be insulting. As long as people know what i meant, the rest doesn't matter. Outrage in the internet is common place, doesn't bother me.

Good on you for not being hypocritical about it, though.

14 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

Good on you for not being hypocritical about it, though.

Thanks I guess. You can be a nice guy too it seems, sorry for jumping into conclusions too. Outrage doesn't have to exist here though, that's a matter of choice.

14 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

and not everything that doesn't have smileys or nice words in them is meant to be insulting

Spoiler

:) :wilson_blush::wilson_vforvictory::Dimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2a5HbPfRy6NFuHUTVKv8images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW7AplcWL5VaJI1kDefK-smiley-taking-a-bow.png

(couldn't help myself)

drinking-water-gif.gif

K, so I guess we can go back to giving tips and or strategies. But learning through trial and error is the foundation of a DS player... the game may not have achievements but the sense of accomplishment when figuring something out in the game that drastically changes your outlook on it is more than a reward... that's what I think at least. So die and die until you try succeed. Dying about 20 times to the same thing could merit a looksie on the wiki... but try and not to spoil yourself too much though :) (yes, a smiley ;) and a wink) Cheers @ShadowZHit have fun.

8 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Thanks I guess. You can be a nice guy too it seems, sorry for jumping into conclusions too.

Nah, all those rep points are just from memes and calling JoeW "titile fairy".

8 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

So die and die until you try succeed.

What I find useful is to keep a timeline of what and when something killed you. It lets you prioritize certain things.
My approach with SW was to repeat the first Mild season over and over to get the hang out of exploration and inventory management.

Archived