Having trouble setting up my first dedicated server

@boltthundara yes, it's very much possible to run multiple dedicated servers off the same machine. You just have to repeat the same process as we made above, while making sure to make the following changes.

• Must have a different Dedicated Server folder name from your first one, which would be placed under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether (So instead of MyDediServer, have it as MyDediServerTwo for example)
  • Make another .bat file that has MyDediServerTwo instead of MyDediServer inside so steamcmd can find the new dedicated server's folder directory. Shown below:

batfile.png

• Change the contents of cluster.ini's cluster_name, cluster_description etc. in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServerTwo, so you can differentiate the second dedicated server from the first one.

So basically copy and paste MyDediServer in the same place then rename it, then change the contents I mentioned above then make a second .bat file. That's about it, IF and only IF you intend to run them alternately(by that I mean only having one running at a time and not both at the same time). If however you want to run them both at the same time, you'd need to change all the used ports and IPs in all the .ini files (cluster,ini and server.ini) in MyDediServerTwo so they are unique to each other and different from the ports and IPs used in MyDediServer.

Let me know whichever case you intend to do, whether running one server at a time, or running two separate dedicated servers (both with caves) at the same time. I may have missed something important so if you get stuck somewhere again, report back with the server_log.txt file from the Master folder of MyDediServerTwo. We can troubleshoot it. Good luck.

Archived