Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

DeputyDeath

What things in this game are dumb and need fixing?

Recommended Posts

PhelsarusBeel    3,996

Another small thing that bugs me that i just noticed Recently

Wildboar Heads on a Stick only drop 1 Pigskin and 1 Bamboo when the Pigheads in Vanilla/RoG always drop 2 Pigskin and 2 Sticks. Just a small thing but again it has been bugging me for some time and it's also annoying because in RoG i can make a either 2 Pighouses or 1 Pighouse and a a few Football Helmets but in SW i can't do it unless i find the Second Touchstone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stl1234    284

Did someone already mention puddles spawning on the ocean? Even if it was already mentioned, this is dumb enough to deserve getting mentioned twice IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
20 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

 can't do it unless i find the Second Touchstone.

Well there's always "natural" Wildbore Houses, but I get what you're saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyiltiz    266
1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

How's it expensive though?

Yeah I can't argue with bitter taste. I despise apes after dismantling a monkey village base when the silly monkey chest glitch was fixed.

Like, it was hurricane season, they stole all the equipment, ran through walls and glitched out, forcing me to destroy walls to get to them, ate my berry bushes, coffee, harvested my things, stole my glitched lanterns, made my sanity be at 0 for quite some time, Krampi came(because while killing the poor scared quacken which doesn't even have bread to eat doesn't make Quacken care, he does care when APE JERKS die), and since lightning rod range wasn't enough appearently, it burned down half the "village", and then I weather pain'd/burned the rest, harpooned, and sent spiders in order to torture the apes.

At the end Webber came back home with a lot of morsels, a lot of bananas, poop, misc. and mental scars.

 

I feel sorry for actually reading all this word by word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
Just now, hyiltiz said:

I feel sorry for actually reading all this word by word.

Yeah it was an awful session.

Everything that could go wrong went wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

How's it expensive though?

Maybe not expensive. But it was rare when it first came out, as it only spawned in the obsidian set piece and the occasional treasure chest.

I therefore thought that it would be decent, AT LEAST as good as a fire/ice staff.

Plus, magic items tend to be directly useful and won't literally destroy everything around you. Unless you set a treeguard on fire, but that would be your own damn fault anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
11 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

Maybe not expensive. But it was rare when it first came out, as it only spawned in the obsidian set piece and the occasional treasure chest.

I therefore thought that it would be decent, AT LEAST as good as a fire/ice staff.

Plus, magic items tend to be directly useful and won't literally destroy everything around you. Unless you set a treeguard on fire, but that would be your own damn fault anyway.

*cough* star caller staff *cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DeputyDeath    262
1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

*cough* star caller staff *cough*

Does that set fire to things? I've only ever used it once and it just caused chronic overheating. Seems like a good item in vanilla though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6,108

Oh! Right. Something really important that needs to be fixed: have the SW touchstones drop flint. Because otherwise there's the chance you'll be stuck on the island you respawn in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
20 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Oh! Right. Something really important that needs to be fixed: have the SW touchstones drop flint. Because otherwise there's the chance you'll be stuck on the island you respawn in

Or, you know, leave Flint near it when one finds it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6,108
Just now, TeoSS69 said:

Or, you know, leave Flint near it when one finds it...

But what if you forget? You'll be stuck there forever. A life jacket already gives you the materials for a lot boat, so why shouldn't the touchstone give you a way out of island too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
Just now, DwerBomb said:

But what if you forget? You'll be stuck there forever.

Lesson learned. You won't forget next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PhelsarusBeel    3,996
27 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Oh! Right. Something really important that needs to be fixed: have the SW touchstones drop flint. Because otherwise there's the chance you'll be stuck on the island you respawn in

I somewhat agree it's annoying when you respawn and got no flint to work with however that's a mistake you make once and never again after that.

Heck there is a reason I always make a chest asap on a Touchstone Island and put either just and axe or even the Stuff for a Rowboat in it (alongside a Sail).

I mean no one complains that a Touchstone doesn't drop Items that help surviving Winter or Summer just because you get killed in those Seasons and then revive with no means to fight the Elements.

TBH this is part of the learning process and should stay since it teaches you that you should always prepare chests with nessesary Items near Touchstones.

Also you can just prebuild a Boat and never place it. The recipe carrys over after death and you can just drop the Boat down. One of the few reasons why the Bambooraft is still semi usefull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyiltiz    266

Surf 'n' Turf? Though limpets won't work now (thank you Klei!), it still seems far too easy. But again, nothing in this game was too hard anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daggaroth    129
2 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

But what if you forget? You'll be stuck there forever. A life jacket already gives you the materials for a lot boat, so why shouldn't the touchstone give you a way out of island too?

In Shipwrecked it's probably best to 'pre-craft' but not deploy a couple of the available boats so if you get into trouble you can easily deploy a new one (e.g. something trashes your boat in the deep ocean and you have no repair kits, you have no life jacket, a falling Dragoon egg smashes your parked boat, you were revived on an island and for some cannot make a boat).

When you are revived in the base game or Reign of Giants you aren't going to have the tools available to deal with winter/summer unless you have prepared them beforehand. 

TL;DR Always be prepared, touchstones are already a good enough boon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204

I just want to say that it's a crime against humanity that there are pieces of clothing that last less than 5 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
29 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

I just want to say that it's a crime against humanity that there are pieces of clothing that last less than 5 days.

Spider Hat says hello. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
6 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Spider Hat says hello. 

You can't sew it anw, but ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
On 12.4.2016 at 9:15 AM, DeputyDeath said:

Does that set fire to things? I've only ever used it once and it just caused chronic overheating. Seems like a good item in vanilla though.

Yup and I believe it did that in Vanilla as well.

IMO its just useless. There are already a lot of light producing items(a lot of which don't require your sanity/using the psuedoscience machine/wasting yellow gems), and for the sanity boost of the star I really don't think its worth it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
1 minute ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Yup and I believe it did that in Vanilla as well.

IMO its just useless. There are already a lot of light producing items(a lot of which don't require your sanity/using the psuedoscience machine/wasting yellow gems), and for the sanity boost of the star I really don't think its worth it.

Was better before Obsidian Spear since it was a one-slot campfire with willow's perk. Now not so much. Now it's just there to keep Fire Farms going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnonymousKoala    3,635
Just now, TeoSS69 said:

Was better before Obsidian Spear since it was a one-slot campfire with willow's perk. Now not so much. Now it's just there to keep Fire Farms going.

Does the obsidian spear restore sanity for willow by the way? Or does she not count them as fire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TeoSS69    2,204
2 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Does the obsidian spear restore sanity for willow by the way? Or does she not count them as fire?

Nope. They do dry you faster though. And by "willow's perk" i meant sanity regeneration when close to it for every character. SCS also heated you more than Firepits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mday    426

1) I can't build a obsidian fire pit at ROG world. 

2) There isn't any flotsam(hence Sea Worther) spawning near my ROG base. Please make flostam spawn near player's base.

3) Ice flingomatic target coffee plant and keep shooting snow balls at it forever.

4) Can't build the Seaworthy at a ROG world that hasn't linked to SW world. Effectively means you must start the game from SW if you want access to both world.

On 4/6/2016 at 1:29 PM, oCrapaCreeper said:

Pre-built structures don't carry over when using the Seaworthy.

For common structures like the Shadow Manipulators, it does carry over.

On 4/6/2016 at 1:41 PM, oCrapaCreeper said:

My point is that if every other tree in the game that supplies wood has a treeguard, then there's no excuse for jungle trees not to have one.

By the same logic, wouldn't that means the evergreen needs to drop some kind of food item too?

I use living logs mostly for darksword. If I can't craft darksword I will use something else.

In my last game I got 9 palm treeguard within 20 days, just by cutting down all the palm trees in my small base island.

On 4/11/2016 at 0:37 AM, Mr.P said:

Another small thing that bugs me that i just noticed Recently

Wildboar Heads on a Stick only drop 1 Pigskin and 1 Bamboo when the Pigheads in Vanilla/RoG always drop 2 Pigskin and 2 Sticks. Just a small thing but again it has been bugging me for some time and it's also annoying because in RoG i can make a either 2 Pighouses or 1 Pighouse and a a few Football Helmets but in SW i can't do it unless i find the Second Touchstone.

In SW it is easier to just grab the monster meat and kill the werepigs as you find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites