Palmtree Guards

So i was wondering has anyone seen those guys in the last few Weeks?

Cause since "Release the Quacken" i have not seen a single one and it's starting to get annoying because i need Living Logs now but i just can't get any because the Treeguards refuse to spawn.

And yes i'm making sure to chop my Palmtrees in dense Palmtree Orchards heck i currently play as Woodie and i haven't seen one even after 3 Beaver Rampages through my Palmtreeforest. I mean sure it's only day 40 but even in RoG i tend to see at least 1 normal Treeguard at this point even more likely when i play Woodie so i'm very impressed that i haven't seen one since so long.

1 minute ago, Daggaroth said:

I've had 4 spawn at once while I was trying out the "Seas the Day" update, so they're still out there :) What about a 'Totally Normal Tree'? There seems to be quite a few of them across the various islands.

True but still the Totally Normal Tree only gives 3 Living Logs and for something like the Shadow Manipulator you need i think 7 so that's 3 Trees i need to find and chop.

And i was mostly asking beause they seem to be just so damn rare nowadays compared to their RoG counterparts. I guess a bit also comes from the fact that RoG also got the Poisonous Birchnut Tree so you got 2 more common sources of Living Logs in RoG.

Just now, Mr.P said:

True but still the Totally Normal Tree only gives 3 Living Logs and for something like the Shadow Manipulator you need i think 7 so that's 3 Trees i need to find and chop.

For some reason the Palm Treeguards seem to spawn in large numbers (usually 4 at once from my experience) even as early as Day 10, so I guess I can only recommend that you keep at it. From one spawn I got 24 Living Logs that I didn't know what to do with, so once you get it you should be sorted for a while :D Good luck!

Also, I doubt this influences anything, but for me they seem to spawn more often when the trees aren't so close together, but it could just be a complete coincidence.

4 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

For some reason the Palm Treeguards seem to spawn in large numbers (usually 4 at once from my experience) even as early as Day 10, so I guess I can only recommend that you keep at it. From one spawn I got 24 Living Logs that I didn't know what to do with, so once you get it you should be sorted for a while :D Good luck!

Also, I doubt this influences anything, but for me they seem to spawn more often when the trees aren't so close together, but it could just be a complete coincidence.

Yeah just had 3 spawn on me during the usual Fullmoon Beaverrampage so now i got 17 Living Logs i can use (would have been 18 but i accidently ate one)

The chance of treeguard spawning is very low. I think it gets to about 3% at day 100, so you really shouldn't expect any to spawn at day 40.* You're pretty lucky to have them spawn actually. I'm sure the game was designed so you are unlikely to get living logs until relatively late-game, so well done for cheating the system.

*The exception being poison birchnut trees. They have a 33% chance of spawning past day 100. 0_0 

Archived