[Forum Game] Mafia Anyone?

Dannyrulx

So, since I've been playing Mafia on a few other forums, I decided to bring the paranoid, murderous love to the wonderful DS forums! I'll be looking for around 20 people, and you'll be playing as your forum personality. If you don't have one, you'll randomly be assigned a personality, and everyone gets a role. You won't nessacarily be playing a role associated with your character, (i.e @DragonMage156 won't nessacarily be an arsonist)

Some shout-outs to:

@Lord_Battal

@Mezukie

@MenaAthena

@KidneyBeanBoy

@Chris1488

@LadyD

@DwerBomb

@Derpime

@Asparagus

@Ysulyan

@Sporb

And anyone else who wants in!

So, Mafia! 

Basically, if you get to the bear bones, it's a game about two different teams trying to wipe eachother out, but only one team knows who's who. 

One one side you have the Town/Civvies. Every night (more on that later) they can call a vote to lynch someone. The town wins when all mafia are dead. They (obviously) don't know who the mafia is.

On the other side is the mafia. They're a minority group who can assassinate one townie a day, and they win by wiping out the town. They know who each-other are (Duh).

Imagine it a bit like TTT from Gmod if you've ever played that.

Day and Night:

There are two phases: Day, and Night. In the day, everyone is free to discuss and talk all they like, and this'll culminate in the lynch vote. Note that mafia can vote in this, otherwise it would be a bit obvious who they were.

At night, no-one can talk and all the specials come out to play. This'll be where your serial killer, medic, detective, arsonist and more get to use their special abilities. You'll learn your special abilities when the game starts.

Aaaand:

The Backstory To This Whole Thing:

"Y'know, I don't really see the point in this party. Why get everyone on a forum together in real life? Or more specifically, invite all of their personas (who are apparently real people), to this place. Just makes no sense to me..."

"Eh, free food and booze is never amiss I guess. Also, it's fun. We're all on the same timezone for once. I mean, for once Dara isn't having to keep up."

"True. I keep on expecting..." *Lights go out, a scream comes from the crowd*

"You have got to be ****ting me"

(It's cliche. Sue me *******.)

So this is werewolf without superstition? Sign me right up! your as

I am Mobbstar the mobster, notorious for a wide taste in art and... uh... Guys, what personality traits am I notorious for?

One question though, are you the organisator or a player? Because I don't see how this is meant to work without somebody knowing everybody's details and announcing who died.

Archived