Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Sylvia, who had 'woken' TOM to take over for the watch, had her tails curled around her, and she was sleepingvin the long grass. Yawning, she slapped herself twice, and awoke the fire, pulling one of the frogs' legs off of it's stick and crunching it down. "Morning everyone..."

"Hahaha! I knew you would be comfortable on it.

Back in the army we went on a field trip one day to go camping with the children, but we forgot our sleeping gear! I let the little ones sleep on my wings, since theirs were not large enough to keep them isolated.

--anyways, yes, they are quite soft. In fact, Scalae are hunted for their wings, but most of the time it ends well. For the one being hunted. So! Did you have any dreams last night?"

• Like 1

Collecting food such as berries is an easy task. Carrots however have always proven to be difficult. Red pulled hard at one and and he ended up hitting himself in the forehead when it finally popped out of the ground. Argh, Fluffy's the good one at collecting carrots, not me! Red thought, rubbing his head, Damn. Maybe if I try unearthing it instead. He decided to try digging up the next carrot he found.

Conner opened his eyes and looked around. Some went off to gather things, other where getting up and a few were still asleep. He rubbed his eyes making a mental note to actually get some sleep the next night. "Morning.." he said.

Bell groaned and pushed herself up, rubbing her side. She had rolled over onto one side in her sleep, so the various odds and ends she kept in her pockets had left sore impressions in her skin. Perhaps she should consider sleeping separet from the others at night so she could sleep with her coat off.

32 minutes ago, WaddleDee said:

(777 is a lucky number.)

(Since when?)

Red turned his head when he heard a crunching noise. He noticed Sylvia watching him, probably at his failed attempts. She had a smirk on her face. He blushed a bit with embarrassment, hoping no one saw him with his first carrot.

"Ok" he said "so due to my small size, I'm not able to pull out carrots as easily as everyone else" he turned away "b-but there's no need to laugh at me about it."

Conner looked over at Matthew "Good morning to you too," he said as he decided to ruffle the boys hair. He looked at the others "Should we just go about collecting things or..?" he asked not quite sure what he should be doing today. Maybe he should try and chop some more wood.

Art found she had roamed quite a way but she had found some holes in the ground and after a bit of looking about and down into them she eventually concluded that they belonged to rabbits. Well she thought they were rabbits, they kind of had little antlers.. but every time she tried to get a closer look they ran away from her with squeaks of terror. Art gave up and grabbed her piles of grass, twigs, carrots and berries. She was annoyed at how little she could carry and resolved to try and do something about that. What they needed was a better camp, closer to food and water with security of walls or something. A table or something they could work at and maybe somewhere to store food? Art was getting head of herself, surely they would get home in a few days it was just a matter of toughing it out until then. 

"Morning" She said after she huffed back into camp. Most of the others had headed off and she could see them gathering things. That was good. She didn't have to tell them to do so which was a relief. 
"Hey TOM why don't you try your hand at tree felling today? Get us some more wood? Mathew how are you at grass weaving? I want to try making us some backpacks or baskets... something to help us carry more. Conner I saw some rabbits! I want to try trapping or catching them any ideas how?" It seemed that Art was no less bossy this morning than yesterday

Conner pondered the question. Well he guessed the most logical would be to make some kind of trap. Surely they couldn't make something like a rat trap or anything. "Well, if we could make some kind of trap for them.. Hm, maybe we could make them run into one... Like a basket with a stick?" he said. That sometimes worked for.. He shook his head, that was the past and yet he still brought it up.

Matthew smiled at Conner's friendliness, then looked up at Art. Although he hardly knew her, she spoke with an air of authority which made her almost impossible to ignore. When she mentioned rabbits, he gave his plushie a quick squeeze, but other than that he listened quietly and intently. So, Art wanted to know if he could weave? Well, it wasn't like he'd ever tried, but it couldn't be that hard, right?

"No...but I can learn if you'll teach me!" He was eager to do something helpful for the group.

Edited by WaddleDee

"I cannot remember any dreams either. Well, I suppose I will go see if assistance is required with anything." Arca waves at Halan, smiling. She walks over to T.O.M. "Good morning, T.O.M! I see you are gathering material. Would you like me to help?" She says and grabs some resources like grass, twigs and flint.

((no limit at the moment)) 

Art turned to find Halan there asking for something to do. 
"Can you cook? Maybe see what we have left and try to make some sort of breakfast. I found some carrots, I mean they look and smell like carrots. I don't know see what you can do." 

Art then turned her attentions back to Young Matthew and sat down next to him pulling the grass into her lap,
"Weaving is a bit like a game, you go over and under and over and under. Adding strands that go along this way and then more that go along that way. Pulling them all tight and close together so they don't fall apart. While you do that I will try and make some rope by spinning the grass strands together." 

Art pulled long strands of grass together and started to spin them, rubbing her hands along to create a tight spin. She made a thin cord that after a few tugs came apart. She did it again and this time made two more just like it and braided them into a rope. This time when she tugged it held strong no matter how hard she pulled.
"I think I just learned to make rope!" She told Matthew with a smile, she wished they had more space and time to explore such crafts rather than sitting on the ground by the fire.
"How is the weaving coming?"