Would You Want a Klei Contest Where YOU Pick The Next Skin Set?

Would You Want a Klei Contest Where YOU Pick The Next Skin Set?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want fan selected skin sets?

• Yes! Totally!
    • No! Never!

Hello! Me and my friend Unitato came up with an idea... What if instead of Klei picking the next skin set that get's released, what if we the dedicated fans get to chose the next set ourselves! If Klei likes this idea and they decide to go with it they don't have to reveal every skin. Just the names of the sets and like 1 concept art! What do you think? Yay or nay? Be sure to comment you opinion below and let's get the devs in on this!

I would love to be apart of that and throw in my opinion on what I would like next! But I just worry about what people might do if the one they voted on didn't get picked since some may get mad :/ which isn't much on a forum but still if they get negative or harsh I'd hope it wouldn't be bad for others. Also I'd worry if some would make more accounts to vote for their skin and make sure it's the next one.

Just now, Mezukie said:

I would love to be apart of that and throw in my opinion on what I would like next! But I just worry about what people might do if the one they voted on didn't get picked since some may get mad :/ which isn't much on a forum but still if they get negative or harsh I'd hope it wouldn't be bad for others. Also I'd worry if some would make more accounts to vote for their skin and make sure it's the next one.

I agree. I believe they should release an all character distinguished (looks decent on pretty much everyone) from the losing sets. I know it may sound like a lot Klei but it really strengthens they bond between you and your fans.

20 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Hello! Me and my friend Unitato came up with an idea... What if instead of Klei picking the next skin set that get's released, what if we the dedicated fans get to chose the next set ourselves! If Klei likes this idea and they decide to go with it they don't have to reveal every skin. Just the names of the sets and like 1 concept art! What do you think? Yay or nay? Be sure to comment you opinion below and let's get the devs in on this!

As long as this doesn't turn into "Community Skins" because we don't want "Total Lack of Creativity Klei" like what TF2 has become.

Just now, Chris1488 said:

*chanting*

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

Steam. Punk.

I think you know my vote.

How would wx look though? Isn't he already pretty steampunk?

• Developer

I feel like these poll options are way too black and white, and don't have an in between option...

To me, it's more like a "meh, whatever happens happens".

Having the option to vote for them doesn't strike me up much. But didn't Klei mention in one of the streams they'd see about letting people try and implement their on skins into the game officially? (Kinda like TF2, in a way?)

I might be completely wrong on this. If so, sorry.

2 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I feel like these poll options are way too black and white, and don't have an in between option...

To me, it's more like a "meh, whatever happens happens".

Having the option to vote for them doesn't strike me up much. But didn't Klei mention in one of the streams they'd see about letting people try and implement their on skins into the game officially? (Kinda like TF2, in a way?)

I might be completely wrong on this. If so, sorry.

;) You just found the reason why I made this thread (cough) reminding people (cough)

6 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

As long as this doesn't turn into "Community Skins" because we don't want "Total Lack of Creativity Klei" like what TF2 has become.

Just because community skins might become  thing doesnt mean klei has a lack of creativity. It just means they want to see what the community likes so they can implement it/build on it to make something everyones happy with.

Nope. I love what Klei does, there work is awesome. I trust them completely. I have blind faith in their decisions and direction. They haven't let me down so far, except when I am in early Betas and it crashes a lot but thats why its beta... At any rate I trust em, I feel no need to be involved and if there is anything I desperately want to see- well thats what mods are for right?

I feel like a fan-based decision is pointless. If they reveal concept art for skins that don't get into the game, people will still want them. Why wouldn't klei just add both sets of skins? I mean adding new skins isn't as labor-intensive as new content or anything so klei probably can and will add all the skins that they come up with.

12 hours ago, 772911_1452795010 said:

Just because community skins might become  thing doesnt mean klei has a lack of creativity. It just means they want to see what the community likes so they can implement it/build on it to make something everyones happy with.

I was talking about what TF2 has become, which is ALL community items with nothing from the actual devs. As long as this doesn't happen, a periodic community skin pack could be fine.

providing there's some kind of quality control and not just "whatever gets the most votes even if it's got the quality of sweet bro and hella jeff" i think i'd be fine with it. 

and providing it didn't become a regular thing, more like a special event or something! the only one i'd ever submit is iron giant wx anyway and maybe beetlejuice maxwell

20 hours ago, The Letter W said:

providing there's some kind of quality control and not just "whatever gets the most votes even if it's got the quality of sweet bro and hella jeff" i think i'd be fine with it. 

and providing it didn't become a regular thing, more like a special event or something! the only one i'd ever submit is iron giant wx anyway and maybe beetlejuice maxwell

EXACTLY. As a special event Klei reaches out with 3(could be more could be less) good skin sets! If anyone has played Shovel Knight they had a Dig the Vote campaign where YOU got to chose the next playable boss. Again this is beating around the bush but fan chosen things can turn out really well.

8 hours ago, Mikeadatrix said:

If anyone has played Shovel Knight they had a Dig the Vote campaign where YOU got to chose the next playable boss.

Can you imagine if we could play as shovel knight characters in DS? coughcough check thaumaturgeparrot steam workshop coughcough

14 hours ago, leonseye said:

Samurai Wigfrid.

Just waiting on this to exist.

Samurai Set?

14 hours ago, ThaumicParrot said:

Can you imagine if we could play as shovel knight characters in DS? coughcough check thaumaturgeparrot steam workshop coughcough

No way man I legit subscribed to a few of your mods! Plague Knight is awesome XDD

Archived