Okay so maybe the previous title was too lo... [LIST TRUNCTUATED] (& drawings/animations n' stuff)

RyanandLink

So as you know I like Splatoon, alot, and a few months back I started working on a game with similar mechanics (aka fan game)
I haven't worked on it for a bit but I'm still pretty fond of the animations/camera movement and I thought I'd show them off.

Spoiler

lemonedgif.gif

lemonedgif2.gif

For the character the longest animation is for walking, which has 22 frames. There's 8 animations implemented in the game and I think I've got 2 that I didn't put in yet. Game runs at 60fps but gyazo=poopoo framerate (as expected with gifs)

Fun fact: I scrapped jumping because god I can't get gravity-based animation to work (play animation one when vertical speed>0, stay at last frame when animation finished and still going up in the air, and play 3 when vertical speed<0 again). is 2 confus 4 me

Oh and last but not least, yes the idle animation is designed to be in-sync with music that play at the right speed (though it gets off sync after a bit xd)

Archived