[Don't Starve Together] General Discussion

In all fairness I was bored and in the wrong mind at the time I created this discussion but no harm can come to it. 

Here you can post questions, ideas, pictures, servers, fanwork, trades, challenges, tournaments (I have no idea how you are going to organise that but but nobody's going to stop you) and memes if you have to. Please don't leave hate or hurtful comments because this is so organised but as I have said before I was in the wrong mind when writing all of this useless nonesense. 

Thank you.

Have you tried tumbleweed farming? You have a chance to get gears from tumbleweed and when I play Wx 78 I usually try to find a desert biome as soon as I can just for this. Other than that the only method I know is finding clockworks but there may be more.

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Strangegloves said:

Here you can post questions, ideas, pictures, servers, fanwork, trades, challenges, tournaments (I have no idea how you are going to organise that but but nobody's going to stop you)

But there are already existing sub-forums for most of these things... you could just let others post their own threads about these things there :p

And for the things you mentioned that don't have their own sub-forums, you could just turn this into some kind of nexus, linking people to the threads regarding those things. Kind of like how Asparagus did it.

14 minutes ago, Strangegloves said:

So can you post any helpful suggestions or easy strategies to getting gears?

Haven't played much DST in a while, and even less as WX-78, but usually when I do play as him, I try to find a desert as soon as possible, to farm gears from the passing tumbleweeds.

I know places like this already exist but I wanted to be a part of one. Not by just asking a question but rather being known in the thread.

26 minutes ago, Mezukie said:

Have you tried tumbleweed farming? You have a chance to get gears from tumbleweed and when I play Wx 78 I usually try to find a desert biome as soon as I can just for this. Other than that the only method I know is finding clockworks but there may be more.

But isn't there only a 1% chance of getting a gear from tumbleweed? I also haven't found many of them around.

22 minutes ago, ConfusedCourier said:

Umbrella + Football helmet makes WX's rain weakness a non-issue.

Will that provide complete rain resistance or just a lot?

25 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:
Just now, ConfusedCourier said:

Umbrella 80% + helmet 20% = 100% resistance. By far the easiest way to deal with rain as WX since the helm lasts forever.

Thanks for the advice but does the umbrella and helmet have any sanity buffs? I always die of insanity.

@Strangegloves yes it is a 1% but i find most times I can get at least one after a little bit but it does depend on your luck if anything, sometiems I find two in a row. When I go into a desert biome I would walk around the edges to see if any are caught on the sides so I don't have to chase them all around and potentially get caught by hounds.

Just now, Mezukie said:

@Strangegloves yes it is a 1% but i find most times I can get at least one after a little bit but it does depend on your luck if anything, sometiems I find two in a row. When I go into a desert biome I would walk around the edges to see if any are caught on the sides so I don't have to chase them all around and potentially get caught by hounds.

I'll keep my eyes peeled then.

• Developer
Just now, Strangegloves said:

Thanks for the advice but does the umbrella and helmet have any sanity buffs? I always die of insanity.

Nope. The Football Helmet protects you from damage, and the Umbrella only helps you counter the sanity drain that rain causes on your character, but it doesn't give you any.

Try crafting a top hat, these only require 6 silk, and are nice enough for regaining sanity.

You could also pick up 12 flowers and make a Garland.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Nope. The Football Helmet protects you from damage, and the Umbrella only helps you counter the sanity drain that rain causes on your character, but it doesn't give you any.

Try crafting a top hat, these only require 6 silk, and are nice enough for regaining sanity.

You could also pick up 12 flowers and make a Garland.

That was my problem. I would have to wear the top hat/garland separate from the football helm meaning I would get hurt, lose sanity and get wet. I guess Don't Starve is just full of those unfair disadvantages. 

Just now, Strangegloves said:

I would have to wear the top hat/garland separate from the football helm meaning I would get hurt, lose sanity and get wet

You could always plant a tree near your fire pit and hide under it providing the remaining 20% rain resist with the umbrella. 

You could always plant a tree near your fire pit and hide under it providing the remaining 20% rain resist with the umbrella. 

I guess I could go mining, tend to my farms, hunt for food, chop down trees, build and cook from under a tree.

Also cooked cactus flesh will give 15 sanity 12.5 hunger and 1 health. If you are going to pick a cactus use wooden armer with a football helmed so you only get 1 health point away and given back later by the cocked cactus flesh. You can stock up on cactus flesh to cook later to like green mushrooms and they are where you farm for tumbleweed which is nice when your trying to find some to pick these up for later. Cactus also regrow after 3 days.(Just an alternative for sanity)

• Developer
1 minute ago, Strangegloves said:

That was my problem. I would have to wear the top hat/garland separate from the football helm meaning I would get hurt, lose sanity and get wet. I guess Don't Starve is just full of those unfair disadvantages. 

Wear a top hat, hold an umbrella wear some kind og armor for protection, like a log suit.

You don't need to be using these all the time, just learn how to balance out your wetness and sanity stats and you'll be fine.

Just now, Mezukie said:

Also cooked cactus flesh will give 15 sanity 12.5 hunger and 1 health. If you are going to pick a cactus use wooden armer with a football helmed so you only get 1 health point away and given back later by the cocked cactus flesh. You can stock up on cactus flesh to cook later to like green mushrooms and they are where you farm for tumbleweed which is nice when your trying to find some to pick these up for later. Cactus also regrow after 3 days.(Just an alternative for sanity)

Well in the world I am playing on right now cactus isn't an option.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Why? Have you not found the desert biome yet or did you manually remove it from the world's presets?

Well my brother and I have explored a lot of the map and we still haven't found it. We also are definitely not near to it as we have a base in the deciduous forest surrounded by water. 

Well if not cactus flesh then if you can find green mushroom that is fine to, in their cocked form they give you 15 sanity but take away 1 health but know to NEVER eat an uncocked green mushroom as it instead takes away 50 sanity and gives 12.5 hunger.

3 minutes ago, Strangegloves said:

I guess I could go mining, tend to my farms, hunt for food, chop down trees, build and cook from under a tree.

Well at that point it really just seems like you need to learn how to manage your sanity/wetness better. Only other suggestion i have is get glommer to block out sanity loss from the night.

Well at that point it really just seems like you need to learn how to manage your sanity/wetness better. Only other suggestion i have is get glommer to block out sanity loss from the night.

I guess I'll just wait until the next full moon.

Just now, Mezukie said:

Well if not cactus flesh then if you can find green mushroom that is fine to, in their cocked form they give you 15 sanity but take away 1 health but know to NEVER eat an uncocked green mushroom as it instead takes away 50 sanity and gives 12.5 hunger.

Luckily enough we have a swamp nearby and a lot of mushrooms grow in the deciduous forest.

Archived