The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

(My hood protects me Asparagus, check my bio. When I'm in full darkness, the Shadow can't see me.)

(Also, goddamit, my magic and the shorthand form for Asparagus' guy are the same)

Slowly, Mortimus flicked out his scythe blade, and jogged into full blackness. Pausing to let his eyes adjust, he peered through the gloom. Logically, the Hummingbird would have died behind the group... He walked forward, one hand on the side of the cavern. "Let's hope that earthquake, or cave-in I guess, hasn't blocked the way..."

• Like 1

"Qwin, I got some logs for the fire" Dragon Mage said. "Also, regarding that blue thing, it's hard to trust anything down here. Probably best to ignore it." Then again, that tree was nothing out of the ordinary Dragon Mage thought, better to be safe then sorry though.

Dragon Mage felt the egg she had retrieved earlier. It was getting colder and she was getting kinda worried. She placed a warm hand around the base of it for a bit of warmth. She wondered if making a nest of fire would help or if it would be too hot for her new found companion.

( ;) )

The humming bird has was defenseless... it could not have escaped... in total darkness they reside, it is their home... intruding upon their domain was a fool's errand... all to escape the inescapable... 3 times the bird was hit, 3 times did its hope diminish... then came the nothingness...

The soul was taken... its purpose unknown... its power grows... they grow nearer...

Edited by Asparagus
"was"

(Sorry for not replying guys, this has been a stressful week, my dog's gravely sick and I've been comin back and forth from the vet to check on him after work and before college.)

Ysulyan simply decided to remain silent in that moment. Humans were always so loud and disorganized. He shook his head and let everyone do their own business, although he grimaced and growled at Dragon Mage for cutting down that tree with her bloody axe. "Life hacker..." He murmured as he settled down right underneath the source of sunlight, bathing in it, finally. He relaxed and sighed, his head was pounding and his energies were close to be depleted. Fortunately, a moment of tranquility embraced him.
The green bipedal dragon sat far from the burning logs, preferring not to get close to anyone at the moment, and instead remained there, where the sun could reach the forsaken underground.

• Like 1

• Developer
Just now, Ysulyan said:

(Sorry for not replying guys, this has been a stressful week, my dog's gravely sick and I've been comin back and forth from the vet to check on him after work and before college.)

(I hope he gets better, dude. Best of wishes here.)

• Like 1

(Yeah, best of luck).

Dragon Mage glanced over at Ysulyan who just sat there silently and almost motionless. She knew he didn't like how she cut down that tree but they needed a fire, both for light and warmth. She promised herself that she would make it up to him tomorrow. She took out a couple pine cones from her pocket. Maybe if I plant them near the sun spot, he'll forgive me for cutting one down she thought.

(Can you still get/plant pine cones underground? If not... well idc, I'm gonna do it anyway!)

Edited by DragonMage156

(No damn clue)

Mortimus walked forward slowly. 

They unshackled me. I have my old powers back. But... How is that helpful? I can't dismiss responsibility forever, and the longer I don't work, the longer someone has the chance to **** up my job...

I need to get into a fight, sooner rather than later, so I can do something, anything, that will ease this stupidity that's gonna kill me.

• Like 1

Qwin walked over to the fire and sat down. Finally! She thought as the warmth radiated of the flame and she smiled. They may have a chance to make it out of here. She looked over at the egg Dragon Mage had found " How long do you think it would take to hatch?" she asked wondering if they were going to carry an egg around for a while. Hopefully nothing bad will happen before it does hatch.

"I don't really know" Dragon mage replied, placing one hand on the egg, "It doesn't feel very active right now. Maybe we'll see something in a couple days." Dragon Mage felt concerned about the others. Was Ysulyan coming over soon? Sunlight was fading fast. And where did Mortimus walk off to and who was this hummingbird person he keeps talking about? And what was Theo and Lucas up to?

Mortimus walked down another of the stone "corridors". Step by step, the air seemed... Colder here. Another step, raise the foot aaaaand...

Why was his foot stuck to the ground? From the ceiling came a low hissing sound, and Mortimus clicked the blade of his scythe out, pulling his foot free. White spiders, as big as his head, slowly dropped to the ground and turned to locate him. Grinning, Mortimus began to hum;

Twirling his scythe, he burst forward.

• Like 3

(In case by some miracle you haven't got it, Mortimus is the actual Grim Reaper. He's just a nice guy that dosn't really like reaping souls all that much to be honest. Murdering huge spiders to prevent someone taking over from him however...)

Ysulyan was indeed rather displeased, but he knew, nonetheless, that they needed the wood to survive. Thus, it was not a big issue. Still, upon hearing her say that she would make it up to it the day after, he smiled and nodded. Standing up, he simply moved to the side to follow the line of the sunlight, since it was moving very quickly to the side. He had to take in the most he could.
He watched her pick up the pinecones and nodded, asking if she needed help to carry those. But just as he asked that, Ysulyan could hear hissing descending from the ceiling. As Mortimus brandished his scythe, he realized it was trouble. The green dragon alerted the others that Mortimus needed help and he looked around for any kind of weapon he could muster. Seeing none, he simply shrugged and growled, readying his claws. "We need to aid him!"

The only weapon Dragon Mage had was her fire magic. They all got up upon hearing Ysulyan call for them. They didn't waste any time. Dragon Mage however was hesitant to leave. Would the egg be alright here by itself? Well it was better than putting it in harms way. Carrying it would only hinder her. She nodded at the idea and followed the others to help Mortimus.

Before the others could even move a step, Mortimus had already attacked. Twirling, he jumped up, bounced off of the ceiling and swiped down, cleaving one in half. Another *click* came out, and he embedded the end of the scythe, which was now a spear, into the other. From the ceiling, more spiders descended.

(Hooray for the Grim Reaper! Although one wonders why he does all this fancy stuff when he could just pet them and kill him.)

Qwin was ready to fight as she moved with the group, the only problem was that she only had her fists since no weapons were brought or made yet while here. Of course that didn't stop her as she wouldn't back down. She got close to the battle and decided to kick at one of them not even thinking if they had poison. Her foot successfully hit one of them which only made the spider jerk and then brought the attention to herself as she readied to move if necessary waiting for an attack back while keeping note of the other spiders.

(There's actually a plot reason for the fight, so please don't do anything too drastic. Kthanxby)

With a clatter, Mortimus dropped his scythe, and leant down. A spider lunged at him, which he responded to by simply punching it out of the air, and then lightly laying his finger in the stunned creature. A shard of light came out of the creature, one which he bolstered with more light from the other two, and in seconds, he was holding a orb the size of a football in his hands.

Dragon Mage came running up behind. She stopped short when she saw the orb Mortimus was holding. "Whoa". Just then, a spider caught her off-guard and jumped at her from the side. It almost knocked her over. It was trying to bite at her face. She managed to get it off by burning it with fire but then a couple more were crawling towards her. She got ready to attack.

(I hope mine isn't too drastic ^^').

• Like 1

Ysulyan had to leave the safety of the sunlight to enter the darkness once more. Running towards them, Ysulyan found himself surrounded by obscure air for a few seconds, in which he could listen to faint voices of unknown source. He attempted to shrug that off, then got near the others, noticing Mortimus was extracting some kind of energy from the defeated spider. For a human, he was quite skillful with the weapon. Although at this rate Ysulyan questioned the racial origins of said character. He was simply too somber and outlandish, even for a human, especially now.
He stood next to the closest person he could find, which was the curious half-sister. Impressive, she could use fire with such ease. He did not attack the spiders at once unless they did, and he would respond with a faint roar and a slash of his sharp claws, cutting any spider that would pose a threat. His claws were extracted from his fingertips; they then retracted back in, and he remained in a defensive stance, baring his teeth and growling lowly at the enemy.

• Like 1