The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

''The caves slowly drove me insane too, I was seeing eyes in the darkness. I was probably just hoping that someone would arrive, which happened.'' He gave a soft smile. ''I was stuck in that piece of light for 3 or 4 hours, I think. Never was I so desperate to see someone. It's nice that you have a whole group. Must feel cozy.''

(Might as well add the disadvantage ''Doesn't like being alone'' to my character)

He looked at the half-dragon mage and glanced back at Mortimus, then back at her and he extended a hand towards the girl, as if trying to get her attention. "Half-brethren," he called her, "he is talking to himself about spirits, he also mentioned something about this place acting like a crucible...? Do you know anything about it? You've been longer with him than I."

• Like 1

Qwin came back to the group with Lucas and looked at Mortimus. "What happened?" she asked with worry.

(And stares at Theo with his silence in question of his doings! He was silent for to long of course he's the villain.)

• Like 1

Qwin thought of how her friends would help people who broke down so she decided it wouldn't hurt. She walked up to Mortimus grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him then stopped and slapped him two times. "Get a hold of yourself you lunatic!" It worked for her friends so why not now?

(Just gotta know some people skills XD)

Edited by Mezukie

It breathed deeply... "more..." it wanted more... "pain... let him scream...there will be others who will have noticed your presence... They will draw you out... you will not have a chance... it'll be only a matter of time... when the cycle commences... you will see..."

It continues to observe them... they may have ways to keep it at bay... but it will prove to be more resilient than that... it has done so countless times... they will not last...

It lets out a deep breath... for them to hear... it's still here... they must not forget... for if they do... the hunt will end and they will all be consumed by the darkness...

Dragon Mages ears tuned into the darkness. She swore she heard faint breathing. She looked at the others. Either they're too busy to think anything of it or they simply didn't hear it. Dragon Mage quietly snuck away from the group and into the darkness. Good thing she has night vision but will it keep her safe?

"Wait wait." Ysulyan tried to settle some things down. "Mortimer didn't even talk yet, I think somethings wrong with him, we should settle down under the light and try to organize ourselves, we are letting panic overwhelm us and that will be worse in these situations! Here, Qwin, help me..." he said as they attempted to pull the crazy hooded human towards the patch of light... Ysulyan did not say it but he needed sunlight badly too. "Wait, where's Half-Blood?" He hadn't noticed her disappearance.

• Like 1

Qwin did as Ysulyan said. Well her plan didn't work. At mention of Dragon Mage she looked around. She was just here a moment ago..Right? "I don't know" She said confused by this. "Did she leave by herself or.." She scanned the darkness and wished she could see better. 

• Like 1

(Sorry)

Mortimus had begun to shake violently. White light slowly seeped from his mouth, eyes and ears. When it cleared, he began talking in an entirley different voice to that of his own:

"We... Are... Those... Before... You..."

"You will join us..."

"You will become one with us..."

"Make it easy on yourselves"

Mortimus began shaking again

"Impossible! How does this vessel resist us?"

"I told you he was stronger"

"He is no mere death priest..."

"We must go, before he overwhelms us..."

(The different colors and italics represent different voices)

(Since nothing else is happening (except Mort and, I assume, the shadows), might as well continue Dragon Mage's part of the story)

Dragon Mage crept through the darkness, highly alert for any monster or creature that may be lurking about. She began to wonder if anyone noticed her absence yet. What am I doing? she thought, this is ridiculous. Obviously I'm needed elsewhere but instead I go chasing freckin mice or something. Dragon Mage turned to go back. Just then, something caught her eye.

Edited by DragonMage156

(It would have been interesting, most human/animal hybrids tend to be either cat, dog, fox, or another small "urban" mammal. The exceptions are normally bears, big cats, and large canines. Occasionally, like in the case of Exterminatus Now, you'll get something more exotic, like Leyana, who's a wasp, or "Elusive Camel", AKA Jamilla, who's a penguin. Man do I miss that webcomic. Anyway, back to the story, which I am going to technically double-post on.)

Mortimus collapsed in a heap onto the floor. Coughing, he pushed himself back onto his knees, before looking up. "I... hate... Full spirit possesion. Why it's always me they gotta posses, I've got no bloody clue." He coughed again, before standing up. "I should be fine though, emphasis on should. I don't know what they said, but take it with a pinch of salt, spirits are angsty bastards at the best of times, and they should be melodramatic teenagers after a few decades shut in a crucible..." He looked around, before saying, "Where'd that dragon chick get too?"

Qwinn looked back to Mortimus "You sure? I could try slapping you again just in case," She said trying to be 'helpful'. Then she looked around "I'm not quite sure where Dragon Mag went... I can try to go look for her," Qwin turned around and looked out in the darkness trying to figured out where the missing member could have gone so that she could follow.

(But that is sad that they are now dead D: R.I.P humming bird/human hybrid)

The human did not seem to be alright at first, especially when several different voices of varying tones and volumes started to spew out of his mouth like some sort of chanting. What manner of possession did this one have? He has seen something of the liking, but generally it was just one spirit controlling a mortal. To see that this one had more than one and managed to resist their power proved that he was no mere human. Perhaps the humans there were more powerful? At any rate, as soon as Mortimus collapsed, the nature dragon knelt, helping him up by grasping one of his arms and pulling it. "You sure you are okay? You seemed quite in a bit of trouble there..." He paused, and then looked back at where he last saw the dragon mage "As regards Half-Blood... It seems they were just too curious to stay still... Let us hope they do not disappear as the hummingbird hybrid did... We should go to the sunlight immediately."

Just then, Dragon Mage came back into view. "Hey guys, sorry I took so long. How's Mortimus doing?" They all just stared at her which made her feel uncomfortable. Dragon Mage appeared to be cradling, what looked like, a large yellowish egg. "What? Oh, this?"

(@Dannyrulx and now we have a dragon/human hybrid. I hope it isn't OP. Btw, if pets from my own AU is not allowed, I'll change it).