The Gloom Beacons: Revived

Dannyrulx

Qwin sighed it was just like back home. "Well now that we all got to each other in such a good way why don't we just calm down and stop pointing things at each other hm?". She ran her left hand through her hair as she tried to think of something more to add. Then stopped looking back at them. Of course! She could tell them her name and maybe they won't start fighting each other. "So my names Qwin, what about you guys?"She said with a grin but really just hoping it would work.

Qwin just kept looking back and forth as the two bickered to each other. "Yes yes your both deadly," She waved her hand at this then started to look around again. "But we still need to know why we're here and what exactly is here first before you two go at it. Try to be civil for now hm?"

"See, under normal circumstances, your head would be on the floor. However, these 'ain't normal circumstances." He lifted his scythe and retracted the blade. "Now, I have this felling that someone else is here nearby... "

"That might be me" Dragon Mage said, standing up and dusting herself off. "I would've said something earlier but I was kinda scared seeing all these weapons and death threats around. My name's Weah but everyone just calls me Dragon Mage. If you ask me, I don't think it was a kidnapper that took us here but my memory is still kinda blurry".

When Dragon Mage noticed Theo's puzzling look, she felt embarrassed. She laughed nervously while scratching the back of her head. Just then, she thought she heard a low rumble but thought nothing of it since they were underground and noises like that are expected.

Edited by DragonMage156

(Late joining is fine if your character fits)

"So..." Mortimus turned towards the noise. The floor started to vibrate, then the walls, then the roof. Cracks appeared in rocks, and bits of stone and metal rained down from the 'sky'.

"EARTHQUAKE!"

Qwin looked up in worry as pieces of rock fell down the walls and was greeted by being hit with a small rock on her forehead. She immediately jerked her head down and covered the wound with her right hand noting herself to be an idiot to even look up at a time like this.

"To where? The whole thing is shaking like hell!" Mortimus had been spinning his staff above his head like a helicopter blade to keep away objects, but his arm was getting tired. He dashed underneath the cover of Wheke's wings, just as a stalagmite crashed down where he had been standing.

Qwin rushed over to Dragon Mage like Mortimus did as rocks pelted her arms she tried to use to shield her head leaving tiny scratches. Hoping that they could all fit. "I'm fine, just some scratches that's all," even though she said this she really had no clue but couldn't worry about that now. "We need to at least find some cover that doesn't involve poor Dragon Mage to take the hit," she felt sorry for her and wished that she had something to help them out.

(Hello there peeps. I have talked to Danny and after showing him my character's sheet, I've been granted permission to join the group! As a warning, I'd like to say I'm Hispanic so if there are any mistakes like grammar, please do bear with me. I'll try to make my best. I'll leave my character's sheet within a spoiler and then reply to the thread, introducing Ysulyan.

Spoiler

Name: Ysulyan

Name: Ysulyan

Race: Nature Dragon, Green

History (if you want to keep a secret, that's fine.): He had an artefact that would let him travel random unknown worlds and unluckily ended up in the codex umbra this time, whether it was due to Maxwell’s doing or not. Now the artefact is lost and he’s trapped there, with no friends, no family, no nothing, wishing only to go back home.

Personality: He’s chivalrous and determined and although serious most times, he tends to goof around when in a bright mood. He lost his wings long ago. He’s loyal but follows his own moral compass regardless of others’ opinions. He tends to worry too much about the well-being of others and puts himself below them. He is quite naïve at times. (Chaotic Good for those who know about D&D)

Appearance: With smooth scales and saturated green eyes, he has a set of white horns and a taller frame than most humans, due to his racial characteristics. He stands on straight legs and has a prehensile tail. He wears a set of worn jute clothes. (bipedal, 7ft tall)
DS style:
http://orig05.deviantart.net/ec8f/f/2016/070/f/e/ysul_starve_by_ysulyan-d9uqbs8.png
“Realistic” style: http://pre14.deviantart.net/216a/th/pre/i/2015/174/3/1/i_am_trying_something_by_ysulyan-d8rjsjh.png

Strengths:
Passives: Innate perks, automatically applied; He doesn’t need to eat much. He has a natural resistance to blows due to his scaled body. He is resistant to poisons. He gains a boost to ATK and DEF if it’s daytime and he’s under a source of sunlight.
Activated: Abilities he uses actively such as when performing a certain action; He has healing capabilities. He can jump long distances. He can run quite fast. He can consume plants completely to store vitality for later use, but it deteriorates and vanishes over time if not used soon enough. He can control nature (make natural bridges with roots, trees, branches, for example).

Weaknesses:
Every single “Activated” strength stated above is halved in effectiveness and demands more energy from him when he had spent too much time in the dark and without any source of vegetation. He cannot heal corrupted wounds. He can’t wear human armour. He cannot fly, since he lost his wings. He is weak to corrupt sources of energy and nightmare fuel (actually anything related to nightmare kind of hurts him double). Without sunlight: he is weak and feeble and he cannot heal anyone unless he drains his own vitality or uses what he has in store. If he spends too much time without contact with nature, his scales will lose colour and he will enter a “hollow” state. “Hollow” state completely deactivates any sort of strength he has, including passive abilities, leaving him vulnerable and pretty much effed up.

Etc: He can’t breathe fire, just puffs of smoke. He is allergic to gunpowder.

)

The earth shook underneath him, like a thousand thunders vibrating under.
It was then when his eyes opened, widely and quickly. Where did he end up this time? He remembered a voice, a strange, macabre voice, telling him how foolish he was, how unfortunate, and how he should prepare for the worst. His whole body was aching, and his arms were shaking by the time he pressed his palms on the floor, pulling himself up, tail flicking back and forth until he grasped what he thought was a piece of stone. His tailed coiled around the stalagmite like a serpent would to their prey, firm and strong. Now on his feet, he struggled to keep the balance as the earth seemed to melt underneath him and the sound of falling debris alerted him. With a shallow breath and rather dizzy for standing up so fast, the dragon started to run off in a random direction, his eyes couldn’t see anything but faint patches of light here and there.  Finding the closest one, he finds out it was some kind of bioluminescent plant. Amazed as he would be, the dragon couldn’t just stand there and risk being hit by what seemed to be the ceiling of a huge cavern. Looking up, dust covered his face, and huffing, he picked up the light bulb and darted off to the next plant, which held tree of those. Panting, and careful not to be hit by falling stones, he grabbed his backpack to store a good amount. Unlucky as he was, the dragon would soon be hit by an array of stones on his head, making him groan and stagger to the side, letting out a faint growl as he covered his head with both arms and running blindly until his body stopped at once upon noticing an edge, followed by a pitch black fall that seemed to have no end. Gasping, he balanced himself to fall on his rump and stared dumbfounded at yonder, crawling back to even, safe grounds.

Edited by Ysulyan
the order of the paragraphs were messed up

Qwin and Mortimus may be safe from the rocks but Dragon Mage's wings were getting rather beaten up by falling rocks. Her muscles were getting tired and would soon give out. She could see the concern on Qwins face but there was nothing else she could say or do. She slowly draped her wing over the two taking refuge while the other continued to cover her head.

(Also Danny, who's Wheke?)

"I think we should start walking, even if we get beat up chance are staying here may cause us more damage then if we go and try to find shelter. But we'll need light first" Qwin said and at the last part looked to Mortimus.