[Game Update] - 169365

14 hours ago, BeastNips said:

Sorry but it isn't up to the game's creator to make it challenging for a select group of players on the forums. To be honest, Klei doesn't actually owe you anything other than the game you bought. Obviously Klei goes above and beyond that and continues to release content despite not being paid for it (as any good small developer does!), but they don't have to.

Missing the point of early access there ? It's Don't Starve Together Beta.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hezel said:

Missing the point of early access there ? It's Don't Starve Together Beta.

Early access games aren't with the promise of new content, they with the warning that the game is incomplete. They certainly aren't with a promise that the forums will decide the direction of the game. Anyway I think it's clear my overall point was something other than the point you've decided to pick out. 

• Like 2

The game has some easier mechanics, because it's a multiplayer and you want people to have sort of an enjoyable experience.

Guess what would happen if somebody just keeps losing all the damn time? They will quit. This game is hard enough as it is, and there's RoG content enabled by default. If a new player joins they're going to have a really hard time learning all of the things. I joined Together while it was just "Don't Starve 1.0" and it was kinda hard for me to learn all the stuff thrown at me.

Of course you can just come up with a stupid solution, like "well, then buy original Don't Starve". Of course if I would dislike the game then I wouldn't buy another version.

I can see why you're annoyed that we got so many things for revival in Survival, though. But, I'm kinda glad that it isn't as unforgiving as "The Original". Here's the easier and more noob-friendly version of DS, and that's FINE. I had too many times nice people leave because they got fed up with being penalized so hard for easy mistakes early on.

1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

The game has some easier mechanics, because it's a multiplayer and you want people to have sort of an enjoyable experience.

Guess what would happen if somebody just keeps losing all the damn time? They will quit. This game is hard enough as it is, and there's RoG content enabled by default. If a new player joins they're going to have a really hard time learning all of the things. I joined Together while it was just "Don't Starve 1.0" and it was kinda hard for me to learn all the stuff thrown at me.

Of course you can just come up with a stupid solution, like "well, then buy original Don't Starve". Of course if I would dislike the game then I wouldn't buy another version.

I can see why you're annoyed that we got so many things for revival in Survival, though. But, I'm kinda glad that it isn't as unforgiving as "The Original". Here's the easier and more noob-friendly version of DS, and that's FINE. I had too many times nice people leave because they got fed up with being penalized so hard for easy mistakes early on.

I don't think you have ever heard of a thing called Endless my friend. It welcomes people like you.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WorstNightmare said:

I don't think you have ever heard of a thing called Endless my friend. It welcomes people like you.

Maybe people don't want to have a get-out-of jail free card available at all times?

Also, there's a thing like a "singleplayer", my friend. Maybe you should stick with it? Because obviously not everything works in multi if it works in single.

You can buff everything for all I care. There's already creatures with triple health and hard-mode DLC enabled from the start. Need more? Well, that surely won't attract new players.

I was angry more at "easy flint" in this update, because I can survive with no flint, punching Koalefants and Spiders to get food/glands, and eventually find a Catcoon who will give me that 2 Flint for my Pickaxe after some gambling, but I got over it. Maybe you should, too.

Edited by PanAzej

The new mechanics are great... For PvP. It's like Klei specifically wanted to fix PvP and forgot it affects PvE and all game modes.

Can't we just split the game modes and make everyone happy? Have "Survival" and then "Survival - Hardcore" (without a sanity boost from reviving ghosts too). It would split up the experts and the newbies somewhat but at least it gives everyone a choice.

1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

Maybe people don't want to have a get-out-of jail free card available at all times?

Then they should pick Survival. If you want a challenge, pick the challenging mode. If you want to have a more laid back game, pick the laid back mode. The biggest thing here is that we shouldn't try to make everyone play the game the same way, there should be options for people to choose from, AKA game modes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohaneBrote said:

Then they should pick Survival. If you want a challenge, pick the challenging mode. If you want to have a more laid back game, pick the laid back mode. The biggest thing here is that we shouldn't try to make everyone play the game the same way, there should be options for people to choose from, AKA game modes.

It's hard to balance the game around everything, so yeah.

Should personal Touchstones be a thing for PVP only, or be an option you can pick in worldgen options? Not sure. Then again, changing everything based on the gamemode is bad, because it makes things inconsistent. We already have changes like that though - disabled revival in Wilderness, so PVP could get those Touchstones.

On public servers personal Touchstones is a nice thing to have as well. Meh, idk. For me it doesn't change too much. If it's winter or summer you're still going to die. It just gives you those 2 chances so you can run back to the place you died and continue playing. Good for newbies, because they tend to die a lot, not that useful for advanced players because they're either going to leave or just simply don't die.

I'd leave it as it is now, but if people want it reverted so bad, then let em have it.

Edited by PanAzej

1 hour ago, Mday said:

I just grow 200 + crops with normal seeds and not a single dragon fruit show up.

Is this normal? Has anyone been able to grow a dragon fruit out of normal seed in the latest patch?

I've just tried normal seeds on 12 farms. I got: 3 carrots, 4 corns, 3 pumpkins, 1 eggplant and 1 dragonfruit.

I guess you had bad luck.

On 2016-03-09 at 4:42 PM, V2C said:
  • Fixed bug with Wolfgang's health loading incorrectly when traveling to and from Caves
  • Fixed layering issues with HUD popups when Pause Screen is open

View full update

Hello V2C. Can we change ingame announcement of a player when someone gets kicked or banned. In both cases chatlog file saves it as

[Leave Announcement] Username

instead of this can we make it like

[Ban Announcement] Username

[Kick Announcement] Username

Because it is hard to keep track of the situation if he is banned or left the game by looking to chatlog file (as linux does not have time in the log files and chatlog files so u cannot look into the time in log file when he was banned and turn back to chatlog file to find the exact time and confirm that the leave announcement stands for the player who got kicked or banned. Because sometimes it would be necessary to look at the chatlog file to figure out why the person is banned or kicked.

Or simply adding a time log into log.txt and chat_log.txt would be awesome cuz windows servers already have that option whereas linux servers never keep track of time except for the first time (when server is restarted it keeps a time and date in the very beginning and thats it) and there is no other time keeping in the rest of the log file. chatlog file does not even have any date and time.

Edited by Gingerbread

On 6/29/2016 at 1:21 AM, Clifford said:

Guys is there way to remove the pickup items delay whenever my internet connection is great it takes 1.43 secs to pickup an item in ds it takes 0 seconds

No; what you're describing is lag and you can't remove lag. The closest thing you can do is disable movement prediction, which won't really help.

• Like 3