GiddyGuy    7,579
13 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Okay people keep it friendly or I will have to start issuing warning points and things. Stay on topic and keep these forums a nice place to be! 

...Do warning points even do anything? o.O

LadyD    3,221
12 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

...Do warning points even do anything? o.O

Collect 3 and gain a free ban from the forums today! 
So yes. Warning points are serious, they let other moderators know a person has breached the rules and gains you the wrong sort of reputation.

• Like 4

Battal    9,883
Just now, LadyD said:

So yes. Warning points are serious, they let other moderators know a person has breached the rules and gains you the wrong sort of reputation.

T-three is a ban?

Oh no.

• Like 2

GiddyGuy    7,579
Just now, LadyD said:

Oh okay thanks for the hilarious(and terrifying ;A; don't hurt me pls) response! :D @LadyD

• Like 2

LadyD    3,221
2 minutes ago, Lord_Battal said:

T-three is a ban?

Oh no.

Consider it inspiration to be your best self. Although bans are determined on a case by case basis at our discretion 3 points generally results in ban.  

2 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Oh okay thanks for the hilarious(and terrifying ;A; don't hurt me pls) response! :D @LadyD

Always happy to inspire terror. :D

Now lets get back to those touch stones! I think its kind of good that they can be used by other players, I feel guilty sometimes if I end up using every touchstone in the game just to survive and thus leave my comrades without means of joyful resurrection. Well... maybe not guilty but I do feel something. It might be malice, I am not sure. 

• Like 3

GiddyGuy    7,579
1 minute ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

I got 9 Loungewears but I cant turn them in why?

does tradeinn not do Distinguished tiers

Yes it does not accept distinguished tiers but does accept spiffy and lower for chances of getting elegants or distinguished.

LadyD    3,221
Just now, Moon64 said:

This would make a good meme. 

Its the fact that is says 'uncompromising' isn't it? 

6 minutes ago, Gay****** said:
Stay on topic mods, I though this was about the changes, not about bans ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Fishing for a warning point? XD 

36 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

I'm curious what went into the booster shot decision.  I rather liked the old recipe.

I found the old recipe difficult- mostly because swamps never really cooperate when it comes to reed collection. Maybe I get too distracted trying to harvest the corpses of other swamp victims and end up becoming one... 
The examination text is good though! Now I can find out who needs help and who should suffer. 

I do also like the flint dropping by birdies. Thats the hardest thing to deal with when joining an older server- lack of flint! 

• Like 1

Chris1448    12,862
6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Creatures following a player leader are now friendly to other players unless provoked

56df849e430ec_notscary.jpg.a3bec341eca15

Not scary not scary not scary- AAH!!

• Like 3

Moon64    212
2 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Its the fact that is says 'uncompromising' isn't it? 

You are correct.

3 minutes ago, LadyD said:

I found the old recipe difficult- mostly because swamps never really cooperate when it comes to reed collection. Maybe I get too distracted trying to harvest the corpses of other swamp victims and end up becoming one... 
The examination text is good though! Now I can find out who needs help and who should suffer. 

It requires rot! How am I going to get rot unless I don't eat? Are they expecting me to starve? 

In all honesty though, should being able to resurrect yourself without any penalties be so easy, especially in survival? Again, why not just play endless or wilderness at this point?

• Like 1

LadyD    3,221
2 minutes ago, Moon64 said:

You are correct.

It requires rot! How am I going to get rot unless I don't eat? Are they expecting me to starve? 

In all honesty though, should being able to resurrect yourself without any penalties be so easy, especially in survival? Again, why not just play endless or wilderness at this point?

Catcoons throw up wet goop- let it rot. Or Dark petals. Or any petals... I use rot a lot. XD 

And yes resurrecting yourself should be hard in the harder games... but then again if you are like me you only die when doing something foolish. Most of my deaths can be chalked up to 'Should have known better'. Like trying to move a herd of beefalo by attacking one and letting them chase me, really shouldn't have done that... I didn't think that through properly at all. 

• Like 3

GiddyGuy    7,579
3 minutes ago, LadyD said:

Or Dark petals. Or any petals... I use rot a lot. XD 

But what will I ever feed my dear werepigs...werepigs as pets please.

Auth    9,472

I have no idea what's gone on and been said in here, but I do have my two cents to throw in from general experience of my server.

I play survival, because I like the challenge, personally. However, I actually like some of the changes.

Not for me, no no, I hardly find myself dying to anything anymore, I've memorized all the patterns with my Pro Skills Strats™

But, I have a lot of traffic through my world sometimes, and not everyone is a pro. While yes I do get annoyed sometimes, I like to help out the beginning players, tell them some pointers, tell them what to do and not do and even let them develop their own Pro Skills Strats™

Personally, I didn't read a lot of what was said here (Because I don't like reading people screaming and yelling at each other, go moderators!butnotmisterL) but I do know that a lot of what was said here was downright unnecessary. Yes, the game has gotten easier, and personally, I don't like the flint birds and the booster shot change. Just know that you should never join a 900 day old middle-of-winter empty dedicated server, and there's countless ways to get flint, via meteor landings, or asking people for some. Perhaps, keep some of these changes in the other modes, OR, perhaps, go to the veterans, the champs, the olympians, space cadets, war heroes, etc. and make a NEW gamemode that is all what Don't Starve was and should be: (in my opinion.) A game all about survival, endurance, and defying the odds. Yes, accidents happen, yes, you will die. But no game under any circumstances should fall into the new-fangled "Everyone's a Winner!" category. (RIP Mario Party)

And yes, people can make the game harder. That's what world customization is all about. But we shouldn't have to for challenge. I don't have 1,000+ hours clocked into the game, but combined with the base game I've got 500+ at this point.

And while I'm sure the moderating team (what an uncanny group of folks they are) is already on the case, please keep any personal jabs, backstabs, slices, splices, stabs, *SHCK*s, clangs, scraps, and all other forms of personal knife-y combat out of this. We don't want that bad rap lingering around here.

• Like 1

Muche    295
46 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

But what will I ever feed my dear werepigs...werepigs as pets please.

Oh no! You have to make a choice between rot and manure. :p

• Like 1

Clwnbaby    938
54 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Why are there even Survival PvP's?

Because they are the only servers that easily reset after 10 days since thats all PvP is.  Endless and Wilderness servers don't make much sense for PvP cause they go on and on and there isn't much turnover on the server.  Even then all of PvP is first to come win at least with survival you get WAY more firsts.

• Like 3

Asparagus    9,106
22 minutes ago, Clwnbaby said:

Because they are the only servers that easily reset after 10 days since thats all PvP is.  Endless and Wilderness servers don't make much sense for PvP cause they go on and on and there isn't much turnover on the server.  Even then all of PvP is first to come win at least with survival you get WAY more firsts.

Thank you for enlightening me... yes... that does sound right... but wouldn't the new touch stone mechanics make for more... well... game to hunt?

• Like 1

VexTheHex    211

Not really feeling part of this update. I'm not sure easier revivals will help the game as the first winter, dragonfly (optional) and the ruins (optional) are the hardest content. After that, it's up to human error and by then you should probably have Life Giving Amulets. And winter isn't soo bad once you learn ice is god mode with a crock pot. I'd like to see end game content or harder challenges added into the game before we make it easier. 

Bahlsen    353

Thanks for the repair and refuel controller bug, it feels like everytime I report a bug it gets fixed.

I'm pretty excited by all the changes and saddened by some attitudes here. Would it be a stupid idea to make endless mode default ?

• Like 1