[Game Update] - 166077

• Developer
13 minutes ago, Snowhusky5 said:

short version is every item has two listings, one for the real name and one for the code name

Not every item, but yeah. Listings made before the fix went out will be listed under the description. Listings after the fix went out should be ALL_IN_CAPS, those are the ones you should look at. As Peter said in another thread, if you buy from one of the bad listings let us know and we'll make sure it gets corrected. If you are one of those bad listings please withdraw the item from the market and relist it so it gets the correct name and history.

I have determined that there is indeed a secret trade inn ritual that you can perform to maximize your chances for sweet loot. Dampe the beefalokeeper is just trying to throw you off. 

Secret trade inn ritual:

joystick click, left, right, up, down, click, click, wait 3.3 seconds, click on Dampe's nose 3 times, then trade! 

• Like 8

After trading 18 common items for 2 classy items, for some reason I can't get it to work again. It keeps giving me an error when I try to do the same step once again - are we limited to a certain number of trades a day, or is this just a bug? It told me there was an issue with my inventory.

• Developer
Just now, WillowCrocker said:

are we limited to a certain number of trades a day, or is this just a bug? It told me there was an issue with my inventory.

It's most likely a bug. Can you close and reopen the game, and see if the error is still occurring? If it still is erroring, send me a message with your KU and we can look into what's going on.

• Like 1

I'm scared of the dst market prices and see how much it'll fluctuate. I've seen people put down some distinguished items for like 3-5 dollars; I hope they don't rise to like 20 bucks.

Although I don't think that'll happen anytime soon, what with the trade inn; the whole trade up system should show how much they're worth.

Besides, the whole commons for a couple of coin is fair!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'm scared of the dst market prices and see how much it'll fluctuate. I've seen people put down some distinguished items for like 3-5 dollars; I hope they don't rise to like 20 bucks.

All of the prices will go down eventually. There will be "new most wanted skins" when they'll be introduced, and current ones will go down.

I sold my Beef Backpack for 15€... I'm quite content with the update, hahaha.

• Like 5

Hey guys, so my girlfriend and I bought this game and we're pretty new.:D  I see all of this new stuff and it looks pretty interesting. What exactly is it? From the looks of it I only seem to understand that you can get skinned items of things in game for real currency?
Also if we've used Workshop mods are we allowed to or it doesn't matter?

If anyone could enlighten us that would be appreciated! :) Even with any other important things we SHOULD know for first week beginners.

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Exhu said:

Pre config dedicated server not starting T-T I has a sad

Pre-config option is being phased out, since you can now host a world with caves directly from the game client.

Also, here is a step-by-step guide for setting up a proper dedicated server if that is something you'd still like to do!

1 minute ago, V2C said:

Pre-config option is being phased out, since you can now host a world with caves directly from the game client.

Also, here is a step-by-step guide for setting up a proper dedicated server if that is something you'd still like to do!

Aww. I really liked the pre-config tool

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, V2C said:

Kind of wish I saw the notice on this or if there was notice given on this. I could of did a naked run through the ruins with friends and let the world die happily. Instead there is just a void of the world is gone. :<

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maris said:

Now TheNet:GetIsClient() is always true for hosts?

Seems like it.

There are new functions you might wanna check out: TheNet:GetServerIsDedicated(), TheNet:GetServerIsClientHosted(), TheNet:GetUseLegacyClientHosting(), TheNet:GetIsHosting().

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arcita said:

I have determined that there is indeed a secret trade inn ritual that you can perform to maximize your chances for sweet loot. Dampe the beefalokeeper is just trying to throw you off. 

Secret trade inn ritual:

joystick click, left, right, up, down, click, click, wait 3.3 seconds, click on Dampe's nose 3 times, then trade! 

Did anyone actually checked this one before liking?