Sign in to follow this  
Chris1448

All Released Skins (as of now)

SuperPsiPower    1466

Spiffy tier shirts that are tradeable and marketable? I don't know about you guys but I'm in the mood for Walking Cane skins, or even different themed skins.

People giving away PAX coded stuff is kinda lame if you ask me, wasn't it suppose to be a very special occasion for flying all the way out there? That's some loyal tier stuff right there.

Edited by SuperPsiPower
  • Like 4

mathem99    1919

@JoeW @nome

Is it really fair that those 2 skins

62fx62f62fx62f

are only available for those who visited you on the PAX booth? I mean what about those people who couldn't make it and still want them?

Also about the crabbit backpack, it will be available if you purchase a new crabbit plushie??

• Like 2

Maslak    4423
4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

So being a "Proof of Purchase" I can only assume it means there will be more skins limited in this way.

Dangling Depth Dweller plushie is already available, so it has no code... Crap, no punky Webber in close future.

Back in the topic of loyal SW skin, I remember somebody's idea - endothermic fire pit with wave-like flames, or even some ship "ghost" appearing sometimes, something like the tragic torch effects.

Edited by Maslak
  • Like 4

Sinister_Fang    9351
9 hours ago, nome said:

That's why they're tradeable, we asked ourselves that very question. Basically, we wanted to ensure there was SOME way to get the items for everyone, without being so hamstrung that we couldn't give a cool thing away for free to people who visit us as PAX for fear of offending those who miss out. It wasn't a decision made lightly, we hope we made the right call, but we're listening to you guys to find out.

Just to recap for everyone. The two items above are obtained from our PAX-West booth only but are tradeable and marketable, and we printed up a LOT of them. The crabpack is loyal but can be obtained by buying a crabbit from our store once they're up - shortly after our merch guy emerges from his post-PAX coma I imagine (he's also the PAX guy, and about a million other things too - Klei is not a place where you wear only one hat).

The shirt and the jacket were designed because we wanted to be able to give away something cool to those who visit us at PAX, while the crabbit backpack exists because of the problem with inferior (and I'm told sometimes unsafe) knock-off merch and people not being able to tell which they were getting (and then emailing our support asking why it was so low quality).

Hope this post sums things up for people so the discussion can continue with all the right information.

I've been lurking here for a long time now and never thought my first post would be about skins like this. Anyway...

The problem I see here with this is that an item of limited availability is only going to get more expensive as time goes by. At the time of me making this post the both skins are STARTING at about $20 on the steam market. The moment PAX is over and you've finished giving away the skins I'm sure the price will jump even higher. My overall goal is to eventually collect all the possible skins (highly doubt I'll ever actually achieve this goal though) but these two skins are completely lost to me cause they're just too expensive. Maybe you could eventually make these skins obtainable ingame after a few months or so? I could see that being one possible solution to this.

• Like 4

An Artifact    4139
4 hours ago, MoloMan said:

I don't understand what people are complaining about, limited items are awesome! I can't come to pax, but those who can should get something awesome for doing it! I actually think they shouldn't be tradeable, but that's probably only my opinion. 

Limited things are so cool though. If you did partake in that special event then you got something that actually mattered, not just something that you could buy with money. It's not just a purchasable thing, but a memory, and a good one at that!

I agree. Personally, I don't think there is any big problem with having cosmetic items like this limited to this or that event or product. I mean, it's not like you miss out on a new character or some huge aspect of the game, it's really just a little cosmetic alteration. And besides, the vast, vast majority of items is available to everyone just by playing the game and trading, so I really don't think it's as big a deal as people make it out to be.

• Like 3

SuperPsiPower    1466
21 minutes ago, Mdshadowman said:

How do you get the Crab One? 

It's not out yet, but will probably out within a month. Most likely part of the codes that come with the plushies.

MonsterLasagna    565

Well gee, I was dreaming of a letterman jacket being in the game, but I didn't expect it to be obtainable under such harsh circumstances.

What's worse is the fact that it will jolt up in price on the market by a couple hundred after some time. Oh well, can't have everything.

• Like 3

CarlZalph    4850
22 minutes ago, bubben16 said:

Dont get why people complain about the two new skins from PAX.

It's just a change in how one obtains them.

From owning games/solving puzzles/drops to owning games/solving puzzles/drops/real life traveling and expenses/real life purchases.

I personally don't care about such things, adding in flavour for those who can participate; I'm pretty sure that there will be more puzzles and drop-enabled skins to come.

Though I know of some who do care and don't quite have the thick-lined pocketbooks or have other obligations to uphold, in the case of PAX, to make it happen.

Chris1448    13524
33 minutes ago, bubben16 said:

(Even though they are rather expensive on the market.)

Yes, oh so expensive.

Jacket Price.pngSweater Price.png

I personally, don't see the problem with the PAX items. It's not like we're locked out of them forever. Klei was generous enough to let us have some way of collecting them. It may not be the best way for people who's pockets aren't filled with green, but at least it's something. Completionists, imo, don't really have anything to complain about. The market is much cheaper than travelling expenses in most cases.

• Like 1

Zeklo    19818
11 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Yes, oh so expensive.

Well considering they started out near the top price wise, and unlike the others which are unlimited, these have a finite amount. 

There will be a climax, and once that climax is reached the price will only go up.

An Artifact    4139
15 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Well considering they started out near the top price wise, and unlike the others which are unlimited, these have a finite amount. 

There will be a climax, and once that climax is reached the price will only go up.

Doubt it; you have to consider that people's interest in the items will eventually decline, and then won't be willing to pay as much, thus the price will actually end up stagnating or even going down.

Chris1448    13524
40 minutes ago, t0panka said:

The only thing you did wrong Klei is giving more than 1 code to 1 guy [or 5 of them]

Screenshot 2016-09-05 19.29.34.png

Maybe that guy had a group of friends who didn't even play DST?

t0panka    1643
32 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Maybe the guy came up to the booth with different wigs on a couple of times.

8 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Maybe that guy had a group of friends who didn't even play DST?

I love how optimistic you guys are but Klei did give out more codes to 1 person. I heard it from few PAX people .)

• Like 1