Chris1448

All Released Skins (as of now)

CarlZalph    3818
29 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I requested the pale yellow from the in-game loading/transition screens so the skins would be more visible, cause on a darker background it's hard to make out some of the skins.

Consistency is better in my opinion, and of the people I polled they have no issues with seeing the skins on the gray whatsoever.

But it is what it is, your thread and your management.  Good luck.

• Like 2

Sinister_Fang    9053
3 hours ago, roseate said:

Winona's guest of honor looks good with the shadow gown, it's like a mini Charlie!

59d2c99ce6c0a_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.be569d965a798b739304bbd89a0f18ad.png

Yep, looks like I was right about those two together. I wonder if the shadow gown is going to jump in price now...

Chris1448    13056
2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

So...um...when're we getting our Hallow's Eve skins back?

I DEMAND WINONA DRESS UP AS CHARLIE!!

Mid-October.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

watermelen671    17957
4 hours ago, minespatch said:

You mean that shadow hand that bites?

Har har.

Nuuu...I mean I want her to dress up as shadow Charlie, her eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil side! Not the Grue! :wilson_ecstatic:

watermelen671    17957

Meh, but she's a strong independent worker who don't need no colony to hold her down!

And bees are a part of a hive mind, so unless you're suggesting Charlie's powers extend that much, I don't think the bee analogy is gonna hold much water.

You're trying to fill a bucket that's filled with holes m9!

Zeklo    17856
2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Meh, but she's a strong independent worker who don't need no colony to hold her down!

DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            GENERIC = "Just like in the bossman's workshop."

}

She had a boss. Not so independent if I do say so. Guess you might say I patched up them bucket holes with some duct tape yeah?

• Like 1

watermelen671    17957
Just now, Zeklo said:

DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            GENERIC = "Just like in the bossman's workshop."

}

She had a boss. Not so independent if I do say so. Guess you might say I patched up them bucket holes with some duct tape yeah?

Yeah she had a boss, but you have a boss too do you not?

A boss does give orders, but not in the hive minded sense that a Queen bee does to her colony; he doesn't tell her when to eat, drink, sleep, go to the bathroom. She still does have free will, she clocks in, clocks out, and moves on with her life. Whereas a bee's entire life is devoted to serving their queen. (That and she could've also quit her job, retire, etc. But I'm looking too deep into this)

Guess that duct tape was from the dollar store, cuz it's starting to peel off.

Zeklo    17856
4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Yeah she had a boss, but you have a boss too do you not?

As much fun as this little dance we're having is. I'll just go and state my point already:

a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē/
noun

1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
    • a correspondence or partial similarity.
      "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
    • a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects.
      "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"
13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I don't think the bee analogy is gonna hold much water.

The key phrase here is "partial similarity".

You're driving too deep into the details, and misusing the word analogy—which works perfectly fine in this case. An analogy is just that, a partial similarity between too things, not exact word for word meanings as you're trying to make it out to be.

Or should I say bee?

ImDaMisterL    20339
1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

...Starts with a W...

Looks like Wagstaff's the next playable character being added to the roster!

That'd bum me out, honestly.

• Sad 1

watermelen671    17957
1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

As much fun as this little dance we're having is. I'll just go and state my point already:

a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē/
noun

1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
    • a correspondence or partial similarity.
      "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
    • a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects.
      "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

The key phrase here is "partial similarity".

You're driving too deep into the details, and misusing the word analogy—which works perfectly fine in this case. An analogy is just that, a partial similarity between too things, not exact word for word meanings as you're trying to make it out to be.

Or should I say bee?

The second bullet has no correlation whatsoever bee-tween what we're discussing, as you were clearly using the main definition from your POV: you were making a comparison bee-tween Winona and a Bee; they're both hard workers.

The "they're both hard workers" acts as the clarification, and as such cannot just bee the partial similarity, since there was the need to elaborate on it. 

If you were using the second bullet, allusion would've bee-en more appropriate alternative in your wording.

But that's bee-sides the point, I just got out of English class not too long ago, and I'm still in that mindset. So forgive me for lecturing you on the semantics of the word analogy, and all of this bee-ing completely redundant. :wilson_nerdy:

• Confused 1

watermelen671    17957
8 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Aw, why? That'd be so cool to bear witness to Winona beating the everliving crap outta her former boss! :wilson_ecstatic:

Zeklo    17856
3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

as you were clearly using the main definition from your POV: you were making a comparison bee-tween Winona and a Bee; they're both hard workers.

I didn't realize you had the power to choose what my argument was. In that case there's not much point in me participating if you're arguing both sides.

I fold. v(o-o)v

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

minespatch    70678
40 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I'd be fine with Wagstaff appearing. Just curious what he'd bring to the table in terms of skills.

• Like 1