All Released Skins (as of now)

2 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Wait, wait, I see this on wiki:

snip

It say it's an Event Skin.

Everybody can use it.

I open game. Is nowhere. Is my game not updated?

The event hasn't started yet :). Once the winter update hits the main branch I assume it'll begin.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Mind reposting a image?

Hmm, I'm trying to but I can't...

12 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The event hasn't started yet :). Once the winter update hits the main branch I assume it'll begin.

Alright, that makes sense! Thanks! Can't wait to see if there's a trailer for that! KLAUS WILL TRAUMATIZE CHILDREN.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Isn't that the RoG one? Maybe not, because it's mssing one of the giants, which, well... is the name of the game.

I see SW, DST (Wilson and Willow), something clearly hinting at ANR (the rose!!!) and a blank box which would make sense to hold RoG.

• Like 2

That makes sense. DST one related to bottomless firepit, ANR one to tragic torch and SW to that new bird cage. RoG one would be the blank one as you said, just add random giant and it's ready. I got Bearger while my friend got Goose, I think so.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, l96735063 said:

690c2136acaf2edd8cdbcbeb841001e93901938b.jpg

Top left, Willow and Wilson: thankyou_beta_1.tex - THANKS_POPUP_TITLE = "Thanks for playing" + EARLY_ACCESS = "Early\nAccess". Used for the Bottomless Pit, "\n" represents a new line.

Top right, Roses: thankyou_gift.tex - THANKS_POPUP_TITLE_STORE = "Enjoy your gift" or THANKS_POPUP_TITLE_DEFAULT = "Thanks for playing" or THANKS_POPUP_TITLE_ARG = "Pulvis et umbra sumus". ARG is for the Tragic Torch, STORE is for the Proof of Purchase items (I think), not sure if the DEFAULT is used, might be the PAX items or the skins included with the pins.

Bottom left, Doydoy with a key: thankyou_shipwrecked.tex - THANKS_POPUP_TITLE = "Thanks for playing" or THANKS_POPUP_SWR = "Thank you for buying the ShipWrecked DLC". Not sure if the second one is used.

Bottom right: thankyou_twitch.tex - THANKS_POPUP_TITLE_TWITCH = "Thanks for watching Twitch". This text has been in the game files at least since the game left early access, maybe longer. I can't remember whether the image has always been there too, it might.

The RoG thank you backgrounds are stored in a different file, there are four of them (one for each giant) and one of them is picked at random. Similarly to SW, they appear with either THANKS_POPUP_TITLE = "Thanks for playing" or THANKS_POPUP_ROGR = "Thank you for buying the Reign of Giants DLC".

My guess is that we'll get the Rose collection either towards the end of January (Chinese New Year, this year we got the Lunar collection) or in February with the end of ANR. I wouldn't mind being wrong and getting them earlier, though.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, alainmcd said:

Bottom right: thankyou_twitch.tex - THANKS_POPUP_TITLE_TWITCH = "Thanks for watching Twitch". This text has been in the game files at least since the game left early access, maybe longer. I can't remember whether the image has always been there too, it might.

Guess I better start staying up extra late or move to a different timezone in order to catch the streams.

Edited by MonsterLasagna
The late bird gets the stream.
  • Like 8

• Developer
46 minutes ago, MonsterLasagna said:

Guess I better start staying up extra early or move to a different timezone in order to catch the streams.

I stopped watching them mainly because times changed and now it's too late for me. I guess it's a good thing I'm on vacations now, though, might be able to catch 'em.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, alainmcd said:

My prediction/suggestion on how and when this will/should be used:

Around January, klei reveals that the rose collection will be available that month. Later on a Thursday, klei announces on stream that for the next 20 minutes a code will be available for a free skin, while hinting that it is a random character rose skin. Everyone, excited for rose skin hype, hops onto DST and redeems the code.

The reward:

Spoiler

PleatedReward.png

• Like 16

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

If thats the case then console users and such won't be able to get them.. I think.

I think they already aren't able to have any of the current Loyal skins, which is a shame... but Klei is working on making them available to them, which is good 0-0

• Like 4

• Developer
4 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Wait, if you go to streams, you get skins? Damn, I need to start coming again.

What? No, there's just a special shield in the game files that seems to be related to Twitch, so we are theorizing on a possible Twitch skin, maybe a Loyal.

• Like 1

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

I didn't.

Let's not forget many unreleased chars have been on the DS files for a very long while before being released, like Webber and Wilbur.

Or like Wortox who isn't in the game.

My point being, everyone is talking about rewards for twitch and some people are only picking up part of the conversation. In short, I'm simply saying we don't want to give off the impression of future coming content based on speculation. 

• Like 6

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Or like Wortox who isn't in the game.

But can always be made... one day... pls Klei...

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

My point being, everyone is talking about rewards for twitch and some people are only picking up part of the conversation. In short, I'm simply saying we don't want to give off the impression of future coming content based on speculation. 

But if people stop to read the thread they wouldn't be confused, I mean, all info regarding this is still in this page. I see your point, and I'd probably agree even more with you if the info was in another page, but I don't see why we have to stop theorizing about it just because it might not happen :p

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 3

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

I see your point, but I don't see why we have to stop theorizing about it just because it might not happen :p

I didn't say to stop theorizing.

My original post's purpose was for none other than reminding people that these are old files in the game. Just to restate it. That was all.

• Like 2