All Released Skins (as of now)

1 hour ago, WillowCrocker said:

Wonder how long it'll take for the ridiculous prices to go down. 

Why would you buy skins, they don't make you a better player ~

Just play DST like you've always done and stuff will drop now and then :D

10 minutes ago, Miss said:

Why would you buy skins, they don't make you a better player ~

Just play DST like you've always done and stuff will drop now and then :D

It's just for fun! Some people like to look fancy. :> I actually prefer they let us buy skins now, so you don't have to wait around for the one you want and get back to playing the game like it's meant to be played. 

• Like 8

Just now, acemurdock said:

It's just for fun! Some people like to look fancy. :> I actually prefer they let us buy skins now, so you don't have to wait around for the one you want and get back to playing the game like it's meant to be played. 

This reply made me worried that some people can't even enjoy the game any more without acquiring skins. It's not "for fun" if you feel the need to spend money on digital items before you jump into a game. If you play DST "like it's meant to be played" there should be no need to encourage another Hat Fortress 2. Idling in god-mode for the sake of skin drops isn't the purpose of a game and neither are those skin purchases. Then again, whoever has cash to spend won't share my view...

My apologies if that came off rude, I have nothing against skins and I will wear them if they drop but a game shouldn't revolve around trading, buying and selling skins. Sure it's fun to customize your character but when everyone goes on a skin-hype they'll forget about the game's original purpose - to play it and have fun. Remove those factors and you get a marketplace with people drooling for skins.

From my experience - Games turn out better if they are driven by lore & fans rather than traders and buyers.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Miss said:

This reply made me worried that some people can't even enjoy the game any more without acquiring skins. It's not "for fun" if you feel the need to spend money on digital items before you jump into a game. If you play DST "like it's meant to be played" there should be no need to encourage another Hat Fortress 2. Idling in god-mode for the sake of skin drops isn't the purpose of a game and neither are those skin purchases. Then again, whoever has cash to spend won't share my view...

My apologies if that came off rude, I have nothing against skins and I will wear them if they drop but a game shouldn't revolve around trading, buying and selling skins. Sure it's fun to customize your character but when everyone goes on a skin-hype they'll forget about the game's original purpose - to play it and have fun. Remove those factors and you get a marketplace with people drooling for skins.

From my experience - Games turn out better if they are driven by lore & fans rather than traders and buyers.

I'm conflicted about this. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Miss said:

I don't think it's being driven by this, but I don't spend a lot of time in the forums. Maybe it's worse here.
I think making them purchasable removed a lot of the idling that used to make it hard to find a server to just play on, so, it made it about playing the game again.
What I mean by "for fun"; yeah, I do think it's neat to dress my character up fancy sometimes. Do I need it? No. I liked the game before this. Do I want to spend hours trying to get a rare drop? Nah, I'll just play the game. Buying it is just an option for casual players. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Miss said:

Considering that DST has had an active playerbase long before skins were introduced, and seeing how people are so invested in trying to improve on the game here in the forums, I don't think you have to worry about skins taking over the consciousness of the playerbase.

Also, since you mentioned TF2, the competitive beta just launched, and I have never seen any of my friends get as excited for any hats as they have for this update :p

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Considering that DST has had an active playerbase long before skins were introduced, and seeing how people are so invested in trying to improve on the game here in the forums, I don't think you have to worry about skins taking over the consciousness of the playerbase.

Yes you're completely right about that. I've been watching DS since late 2012 and people still contribute by talking on the forums, create art, write, make mods and the like. That's awesome.

Although... I can't help but hear that little warning bell ringing in the distance. Skin hypes have never been good. I've seen too many of my loved games turn into utter crap because of it, some games died too.

Edited by Miss
what is English
  • Like 2

Just now, Miss said:

Yes you're completely right about that. I've been watching DS since late 2012 and people still contribute by talking on the forums, create art, write, make mods and the like. That's awesome.

Although... I can't help but hear that little warning bell ringing in the distance. Skin hypes has never been good. I've seen too many of my loved games turn into utter crap because of it, some games died too.

I have nothing else to contribute to this discussion, so I will instead conclude by pointing out how utterly dapper your profile picture is.

• Like 2

The "skin hype" is undeniably real. The beefalo domestication was totally overshadowed in the last update. I'm fine with anything as long as Klei focus on content over cosmetics.

16 minutes ago, acemurdock said:

I don't think it's being driven by this, but I don't spend a lot of time in the forums. Maybe it's worse here.
I think making them purchasable removed a lot of the idling that used to make it hard to find a server to just play on, so, it made it about playing the game again.
What I mean by "for fun"; yeah, I do think it's neat to dress my character up fancy sometimes. Do I need it? No. I liked the game before this. Do I want to spend hours trying to get a rare drop? Nah, I'll just play the game. Buying it is just an option for casual players. 

I understand the line of thought but im sure the market created a lot of new idlers that only want to sell skins.

• Like 5

I'm not gonna lie, every Thursday I go god-mode in DST for skins, but I still play it often without trying to get skins. If I can get skins by idling while I go watch youtube or do homework, there's no reason to get skins less-efficiently just for morals' sake.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

I'm not gonna lie, every Thursday I go god-mode in DST for skins, but I still play it often without trying to get skins. If I can get skins by idling while I go watch youtube or do homework, there's no reason to get skins less-efficiently just for morals' sake.

I'm not proud of it - but that's what I am doing too.

I'm sorry I keep popping up with this thread everywhere:

I know, the thread and the article are really old, but this was how DS started to become a great game - and now four years later there is huge system of extrinsic rewards implemented in the game. Rewards for actually just standing around and doing nothing.

I'm gonna let myself out, thank you ;)

• Like 2

I was about to say something about the market once again but I realized the topic is getting derailed from its original purpose. There are better threads for this disscusion.

In other words, I haven't seen the WX Survivor head in-game yet. At the same time, I would love to see the wolfgang survivor distinguished on a full form wolfgang. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

I was about to say something about the market once again but I realized the topic is getting derailed from its original purpose. There are better threads for this disscusion.

In other words, I haven't seen the WX Survivor head in-game yet. At the same time, I would love to see the wolfgang survivor distinguished on a full form wolfgang. 

I have seen WX-78 survivor in game and let me tell you its EPIC ... very well made and it looks really awesome! Webbzz is still TOP tho .)

pics coming soon™

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t0panka said:

Full Webbzz survivor set and OH MY GOOOD i can be Webber with everyone now!

Hide contents

20160323080744_1.thumb.jpg.4f7634152509e20160323080914_1.jpg.ca844ec17a49c8c8f6b20160323080919_1.jpg.2b176fc4165c3ee70e020160323080930_1.jpg.eb5d6761e378dfd29c0

20160323080515_1.jpg.7b3510c6f56a05bcb6f20160323080528_1.jpg.bdb702fe9fdf70700c420160323080553_1.jpg.984f473470cca7d702820160323080625_1.jpg.0290ca92e0a96013f2c20160323080640_1.jpg.22a91095154ba692f2620160323080651_1.jpg.d75c1d6af7d45ec3c8720160323080704_1.jpg.ecac128139a648329e320160323080717_1.jpg.be33b6ab1f709198ea420160323080733_1.jpg.41e832aefe7e3c7659c

Introducing the new and improved DST cast! Now 100% more arachnic!

Starring:

Webson

Webbow

Webgang

Webdy

W3B-X 1000

Webberbottom

Webbie

Webfrid

and Pennywise.

• Like 15

Wilsons survivor head looks totally badass, I have to admit. In my opinion it's good that we're getting more and more skins. I'm not keen on wearing full sets like GoH or Survivor - creating epic outfits with variety of items is what I like. For example, I love WX's GoH head (many says it sucks. Actually Woodie is the one who has ugly GoH hair), and it looks good with some tux or brown trench coat. Some day I will get item better than classy (oh, I got one, silk robe).

I bought an item for 0,04 euro, is everything right about me?

• Like 1