All Released Skins (as of now)

2 hours ago, nome said:

Just a point of clarification - this is not by region, it's by platform. Instead of thinking "China versus the rest of the world", think "PS4 versus Steam". All our Chinese steam users have access to the exact same skins you do.

Which doesn't make it any better whatsoever, on the contrary. I find this a poor decision to be used as an incentive for new players, in whatever region or platform.

This is one of the things that push me away from buying any more games in the future from a game company. Sure, expanding player base is always wanted, but make it in a fair fashion.

24 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Which doesn't make it any better whatsoever, on the contrary. I find this a poor decision to be used as an incentive for new players, in whatever region or platform.

This is one of the things that push me away from buying any more games in the future from a game company. Sure, expanding player base is always wanted, but make it in a fair fashion.

Dude, they're little cosmetic skins for little 2d starving people. If that is enough to 'push you away' from a game company, then I dunno what to tell you.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Dude, they're little cosmetic skins for little 2d starving people. If that is enough to 'push you away' from a game company, then I dunno what to tell you.

It's a "little" enough for a "little" hobby I have, video games. Game content becomes more and more fragmented, when you could have everything in one place, like terraria. They're doing fine, no paying for cosmetics.

32 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

-

These cosmetics hardly qualify as "content". All the actual important content that matters is right there for you.

Seriously, I don't get why people get so bloody worked up about this. Some of these skins you can barely notice! Is this really worth making such a fuss about?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

Seriously, I don't get why people get so bloody worked up about this. Some of these skins you can barely notice! Is this really worth making such a fuss about?

As you can see, it is. It's something one, as a video game company, and not only, has to take into account once going this route. I think there's more people that are ok with the pay for in-game cosmetics, but there are others that aren't.

I'm one of those who was dissapointed with the skin system, even before they were marketable. It kinda numbed on me, but with this I just feel dissapointed again seeing Klei doing such a thing again. It does estrange me from the game and devs no matter what.

It's a hot Topic, MeingroessterFan, and it can overshadow the essence of what ds is, a cool little indie game.

Edited by t1morino88eex

Guys, seriously. Stop arguing about stupid stuff. I want the Rose collection for Steam and the Formal collection for Tencent as much as the next guy, but come on. Just hope we get it down the line.

Besides, this isn't the first time Klei has put in an item for a specific version of the game. Console players got a huge late game item that was considerably OP:

Spoiler

accomploshrine.png

So OP that it had to be removed from the console version of DST.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 11

16 hours ago, JoeW said:

Right now, the formal skins are exclusive to Steam (since you guys were around when Charlie took over) - for Tencent they got the rose collection. That's not to say they will never come to steam or PS4 only that Tencent got it first. If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

And if you're eager for new skins. We got some cool new stuff coming up, VERY soon. 

What was the last collection of skins that was released, and when was it? I've been away from this game so long there's been so much new content I've no idea when any of it was added.

I have a hunch he is hinting at Halloween themed skins.... :O

Maybe not so much of a hunch as that's what I want it to be but I'll just call it a hunch >:)

"WITCH"ERBOTTOM! I NEED IT :(

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Witch Willow thooooooough

What would Wickerbottom's Halloween skin be if that were the case? I'm also curious as to the speculatory/confirmed skins for all of the characters. I remember a mad scientist Wilson being teased a while back and I thought I remember a frakenstein WX or something like that. I've also seen some really neat ideas and speculations over the last year but, they are somewhat buried at this point :(

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Weber 's Rose Cloak. . . . Or rose Mexican scarf

Mexican scarf... XD, we call those things "sarape" and it looks pretty much like one, Klei please, release the rose collection, I want that cloak/sarape thingy

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If Willow is a witch then Wickerbotton would totally be vampire material. Her tall slender stature fits the vampire archetype.

A nosferatu, my dear, not just a vampire - these differences are important :). Vampires are a general term, very broad, whereas nosferatu applies to the specimens native to the folklore of Romania and Hungary. Compare the Polish zmora - not a vampire, but related to nosferatu-

DAMN. I think I lost it again :(. Sorry, if you're into bestiaries of the imagination, especially the folklore of Central Europe, just call, okay? I shan't trouble you further.

4 hours ago, Mikeadatrix said:

starvers (starve-ees? What are we called?)

The "professional", hurr-hurr-hurr, term, would be transients, dear Mike ;).

Edited by Arlesienne
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BOSSzombie said:

Now hold on!

So the Formal Sets are exclusive to Steam (Darn!) and the Rose Sets are exclusive to Tencent (Also Darn!), but PS4 doesn't have diddly doo?

Now I'm sad.

I think the PS4 version includes the Formal set. Cause PS4 has Steam I believe...?

I dunno, I don't have a PS4.

12 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I think the PS4 version includes the Formal set. Cause PS4 has Steam I believe...?

I dunno, I don't have a PS4.

Nope, Steam is in no way involved in the PS4 version. I have two separate accounts, one for Steam and one for PS4, and they are completely separate. As far as I know, only one game EVER unified the two platforms, and that was Portal 2.

Edited by BOSSzombie

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

If Willow is a witch then Wickerbotton would totally be vampire material. Her tall slender stature fits the vampire archetype.

Surely Wes would be a much better vampire. I mean he already sucks, just give him a cape and he's good to go.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, BOSSzombie said:

Nope, Steam is in no way involved in the PS4 version. I have two separate accounts, one for Steam and on for PS4, and they are completely separate. As far as I know, only one game EVER unified the two platforms, and that was Portal 2.

(Didn't Rocket League do that also? Nevermind, too off-topic.)

Oh, I'm still pretty sure that the Formal Collection should still be on PS4...@nome?