All Released Skins (as of now)

8 hours ago, JoeW said:

Right now, the formal skins are exclusive to Steam (since you guys were around when Charlie took over) - for Tencent they got the rose collection. That's not to say they will never come to steam or PS4 only that Tencent got it first. If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

I get that we were around when Charlie took over, but is it really fair to withhold skin sets to certain region? Tencent should have just as much access to the Formal skins as we do.

#GiveTencentTheFormalCollectionAndGiveUsTheRoseCollectionPlz

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

#GiveTencentTheFormalCollectionAndGiveUsTheRoseCollectionPlz

@JoeW, may we know why they didn't just get the Formal Collection as well? :|

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

No region-exclusives plz ;v; it's... inconvenient enough some of us can't get some skins that can only be obtained by going to events ;v;

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

@JoeW, may we know why they didn't just get the Formal Collection as well? :|

No region-exclusives plz ;v; it's... inconvenient enough some of us can't get some skins that can only be obtained by going to events ;v;

if you mean PAX items you can buy them on market so again no problem here, never was

about Formal collection being steam "exclusive" IMO they just didnt want to create another collection to be REAL steam exclusive so they cheated a little bit with Formal collection .)

12 minutes ago, t0panka said:

if you mean PAX items you can buy them on market so again no problem here, never was

about Formal collection being steam "exclusive" IMO they just didnt want to create another collection to be REAL steam exclusive so they cheated a little bit with Formal collection .)

But yeah, buying it from the market :| don't have a lot of cash-- but eh, sure why not...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

But yeah, buying it from the market :| don't have a lot of cash-- but eh, sure why not...

lol so 15$ for Wendy that someone got for free from game is ok but 4$ PAX skin that some got for free from klei is not?

You are just pushing your thing without any reason dude. Like people went to PAX and get tons of items NOONE else would get ... likeeeeee ONI demo? So should we all get ONI demo now because bunch of people played it on PAX? Should we all get some stickers Klei were handing off for free because few people get them visiting Klei booth? 

I am getting little bit sick of all this skin BS where someone didnt get some loyal item for puzzle because he wasnt around (yeah guess what not being around gets you nothing) and start whining about it on forums and creating some BS comments about how TF2 is working and why Klei wont kill loyal items for everyone with release of same skins with marketable rarity lol.

I bet that NOONE from these people have all skins that are available now and yet they whine about the 1 they wont even use that much. There will be PLENTY of new skins, loyals, events, special stuff, whatever to get more skins everyone will ever use so PLZ just stop this madness

FYI those PAX skins are really really weak. Maybe they are tiny bit special because it has something to do with what happend on PAX, maybe someone was dressed like that or some other thingy but otherwise they are just MEH. Klei will release new collection soon and noone will care about some weak pax skins after that

BTW you could just ask me before all this and i would give you both of them. No problem

• Like 4

• Developer
3 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

I get that we were around when Charlie took over, but is it really fair to withhold skin sets to certain region?

Just a point of clarification - this is not by region, it's by platform. Instead of thinking "China versus the rest of the world", think "PS4 versus Steam". All our Chinese steam users have access to the exact same skins you do.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, nome said:

Just a point of clarification - this is not by region, it's by platform. Instead of thinking "China versus the rest of the world", think "PS4 versus Steam". All our Chinese steam users have access to the exact same skins you do.

Oh... PS4 vs Steam... huh, guess I missed that \(O__O)

... but...

• Like 2

• Developer
41 minutes ago, t0panka said:

Actually, there is. Unlike the other skins, the PAX ones are limited, meaning they might either become too expensive to be bought or they might all be bought and later players simply won't ever have them.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Actually, there is. Unlike the other skins, the PAX ones are limited, meaning they might either become too expensive to be bought or they might all be bought and later players simply won't ever have them.

And yet there is plenty of them on market and noone is buying. This is more about "i want free skins" than "these will be expensive in a year or so". People who want them bought them. I did first day for ridiculous prices. I traded shadow Webdy for 1 set too but you wont see me posting "why are they not gone and so cheap now" comments

people who want all skins need to buy plushie too and that one is 40$ + shipping so if someone is crazy enough to collect all skins he needs to be prepared to spend some money. These people have their Pax items already. Someone who will buy DST year from now wont be able to get all of them that easily. True

39 minutes ago, nome said:

But...nevermind....gif

Well, I still believe Tencent and Steam should have each other's skinsets.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 7

• Developer
21 minutes ago, t0panka said:

And yet there is plenty of them on market and noone is buying. This is more about "i want free skins" than "these will be expensive in a year or so". People who want them bought them. I did first day for ridiculous prices. I traded shadow Webdy for 1 set too but you wont see me posting "why are they not gone and so cheap now" comments

You can't generalise that. Some people simply don't have the money to buy them. The dollar's value is pretty high, and even cheap things can be expensive depending of your currency.

23 minutes ago, t0panka said:

people who want all skins need to buy plushie too and that one is 40$ + shipping so if someone is crazy enough to collect all skins he needs to be prepared to spend some money. These people have their Pax items already. Someone who will buy DST year from now wont be able to get all of them that easily. True

It's not a matter of collecting all skins either, some people just happen to like those skins and won't be able to have them :/

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

You can't generalise that. Some people simply don't have the money to buy them. The dollar's value is pretty high, and even cheap things can be expensive depending of your currency.

It's not a matter of collecting all skins either, some people just happen to like those skins and won't be able to have them :/

i dont buy in dollars either but its not like we can do anything about currencies :D It didnt change from day to day either. You in your currency are used to some type of "expensiveness" of stuff/items/skins so idk if you are going into other markets to check how much they cost in other currencies or what but it is what it is

If some people JUST HAPPEN to like these two then they cost this much and will be gone soon so buy it or if you can't afford it "go like" other skins. There are like 200 skins to like so if you cant get these two you have still big arsenal to choose from dude

I really like crab backpack skin and i know i need to buy 40$ plushie. Either i am crazy to buy plushies or i dont have money. There is no IF i will wait long enough it will go down with price right? Will Klei make these plushies forever? I dont think so. They are IMO also limited and you can't sell that skin for lot more $ later when it is more limited than it is now like you can do with those PAX items probably

OH and i also like some limited items on Klei store but hey if i don't buy it NOW i wont be able to get them later and some of those i already can't buy sooo is this a bad thing? Should Klei release more of these limited items? O.o

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I agree with this. I consider myself an "In-Game Item Addict".

Shadow Wilson? I need it.

Dr. Junkenstein? NEEEED it.

Newest Wilson Skin? NEEEEEEED.

But here's where I differ from t0p.

I wait.

I let it eat at me and rip me apart til I am so deprived of my addiction that I nearly give up on it. Then the prices drop. And I bust out my wallet and shell out the sweet sweet blood of America and pick up these items for pennies on the dollar. (loot boxes on the otherhand... sheesh those are evil).

Every person is different and that's what beautiful about humanity.

• Like 4

• Developer
15 minutes ago, t0panka said:

i dont buy in dollars either but its not like we can do anything about currencies :D It didnt change from day to day either. You in your currency are used to some type of "expensiveness" of stuff/items/skins so idk if you are going into other markets to check how much they cost in other currencies or what but it is what it is

My point was that some people won't be able to just buy skins. The skins that are cheap to some aren't to others.

19 minutes ago, t0panka said:

I really like crab backpack skin and i know i need to buy 40$ plushie. Either i am crazy to buy plushies or i dont have money. There is no IF i will wait long enough it will go down with price right? Will Klei make these plushies forever? I dont think so. They are IMO also limited and you can't sell that skin for lot more $ later when it is more limited than it is now like you can do with those PAX items probably

OH and i also like some limited items on Klei store but hey if i don't buy it NOW i wont be able to get them later and some of those i already can't buy sooo is this a bad thing? Should Klei release more of these limited items? O.o

I'm not against limited time items. I was against the availability of them for other regions. Tencent is more known in China, and not known at all here, meaning people didn't have the chance to get the rose skins even if they wanted to, because they didn't pre-order DST for Tencent.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

I agree with this. I consider myself an "In-Game Item Addict".

Shadow Wilson? I need it.

Dr. Junkenstein? NEEEED it.

Newest Wilson Skin? NEEEEEEED.

But here's where I differ from t0p.

I wait.

I let it eat at me and rip me apart til I am so deprived of my addiction that I nearly give up on it. Then the prices drop. And I bust out my wallet and shell out the sweet sweet blood of America and pick up these items for pennies on the dollar. (loot boxes on the otherhand... sheesh those are evil).

Every person is different and that's what beautiful about humanity.

I am not saying buy day one everything. It is smart to wait until prices are down to buy of course and i am doing it too. We were talking about these pax items. If you dont buy them now they will be only more expensive later so at the end that "time when skins are low and i can buy" is NOW for PAX items

20 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

My point was that some people won't be able to just buy skins. The skins that are cheap to some aren't to others.

I'm not against limited time items. I was against the availability of them for other regions. Tencent is more known in China, and not known at all here, meaning people didn't have the chance to get the rose skins even if they wanted to, because they didn't pre-order DST for Tencent.

Your point has nothing to do with anything m8. If someone can't afford to buy skins he wont have them. Easy as that. No matter which item is at what price in which currency. If you mean that some item lets say Webber survivor cost for me 7€ and it cost 2x that in your country/currency then everything on steam must cost that much right?

That Tencent thingy is really new and fresh. Look at how Klei handled that - "GOH is steam exclusive, new collection is Tencent exclusive" - this doenst seem like well thought process. First of all Tencent people wont have GOH skins same as we wont have Rose skins (for now at least). I dont mind these exclusives if we get proper Steam exclusive collection and not call old collection "steam exclusive" AND if these exclusive items wont hold regular skins release. IDK if tencent, ps4, pc people can play all together but if yes then i really like the idea meeting someone with skin i never seen before!

At the end Klei don't have manpower to create so many skins for all platforms so we just get everything everywhere so don't worry

26 minutes ago, t0panka said:

I am not saying buy day one everything. It is smart to wait until prices are down to buy of course and i am doing it too. We were talking about these pax items. If you dont buy them now they will be only more expensive later so at the end that "time when skins are low and i can buy" is NOW for PAX items

Your point has nothing to do with anything m8. If someone can't afford to buy skins he wont have them. Easy as that. No matter which item is at what price in which currency. If you mean that some item lets say Webber survivor cost for me 7€ and it cost 2x that in your country/currency then everything on steam must cost that much right?

That Tencent thingy is really new and fresh. Look at how Klei handled that - "GOH is steam exclusive, new collection is Tencent exclusive" - this doenst seem like well thought process. First of all Tencent people wont have GOH skins same as we wont have Rose skins (for now at least). I dont mind these exclusives if we get proper Steam exclusive collection and not call old collection "steam exclusive" AND if these exclusive items wont hold regular skins release. IDK if tencent, ps4, pc people can play all together but if yes then i really like the idea meeting someone with skin i never seen before!

At the end Klei don't have manpower to create so many skins for all platforms so we just get everything everywhere so don't worry

Sigh....

Pal, if the PAX items are worth a Shadow Wendy to you, go for it. I waited til they were 2 bucks each because I wanted a good deal. Everyone is different. Let's leave it at that and let's not get hostile over skins. If we all behave like good little starvers (starve-ees? What are we called?) maybe @nome will bless us all by lifting the console restriction and letting us have Rose Skins. Let's just wait and relax.

• Like 1

• Developer
29 minutes ago, t0panka said:

I'm not complaining the skins are too expensive, I'm just saying you can't say "you'll buy the skin if you really like it". It's not that simple.

• Like 3