All Released Skins (as of now)

36 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Right now, the formal skins are exclusive to Steam (since you guys were around when Charlie took over) - for Tencent they got the rose collection. That's not to say they will never come to steam or PS4 only that Tencent got it first. If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

And if you're eager for new skins. We got some cool new stuff coming up, VERY soon. 

Aww, c'mon. Let's not go making platform exclusive skins. Go ahead and give the guys on Tencent the formal skins and let the guys on steam have the rose skins. Let's share the love of skins with everyone!

• Like 19

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

YES.

Uh, what I meant to say was yes, I like the style. Very much so. I like it a lot. I hopped out of my seat a bit when I saw Wilson's Rose body. Specifically, the vest and shoes that come with it. Reminds me of his Shadow suit. The theme reminded me of Valentines Day, which I thought was very sweet.

In conclusion, yes. I love the Rose theme, and I hope the players who have the skins cherish them. Maybe asking for them may be a bit much to ask right now, but I could settle on a picture of what Wilson looks like in his Rose theme. Please.

Edited by TheKingDedede
  • Like 10

23 minutes ago, l96735063 said:

I'm not sure how skins are handled on Tencent, but on steam the prices change quite a bit. When new skins are released they usually have ridiculous prices due to them being so sparse. As time goes on the prices drop and they become a lot more reasonable. That, and there's always the chance of getting one from a random drop. That is how these skins are made after all.

Edited by Sinister_Fang
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, l96735063 said:

Weber 's Rose Cloak. . . . Or rose Mexican scarf now and no one has,
This cloak (I think it is cloak), this cloak needs in China's proxy game platform to open a year to receive vip

To tell the truth in order to help Webber to get this cloak and spend 18 dollars is really difficult to accep

Tencent is giving out a bunch of items for promo through contests and their VIP program. But those items aren't exclusive to those things and will still be obtainable as drops in the game.

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I just wish I could get the raw portrait images and their quotes in English to update my compilation. (Their quotes in Chinese would be cool as well).

Weber: The roses will absorb the morning dew for us
Willow: Rose represents the fire of passion

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Aww, c'mon. Let's not go making platform exclusive skins. Go ahead and give the guys on Tencent the formal skins and let the guys on steam have the rose skins. Let's share the love of skins with everyone!

Oh, and in addition to that you should give the people on Tencent the opportunity to get the bottomless pit and tragic torch at some point. The chance to get them may have already come and went for us, but they never even had the chance to get them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Oh, and in addition to that you should give the people on Tencent the opportunity to get the bottomless pit and tragic torch at some point. The chance to get them may have already come and went for us, but they never even had the chance to get them.

Then they should make them drop, like in TF2. Those who got Loyal quality skins let them feel like special snowflakes and then make it accessible with different quality for everyone after a while. Problem solved.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Erec said:

Then they should make them drop, like in TF2. Those who got Loyal quality skins let them feel like special snowflakes and then make it accessible with different quality for everyone after a while. Problem solved.

nope and there are not problems to be solved now

we are special snowflakes because we have them and some people don't. They are called loyal and we were loyal to be around forums when puzzles were ON, bought ROG before DST (this is how it should be ... getting ROG loyal anytime is BS IMO), we were part of DST beta testing or bought plushie from store

IDK how TF2 works (and i don't care) but if Klei added loyal items as lets say elegant items into the game noone would feel like special snowflake anymore. ALSO you could trade, sell, buy, whatever your elegant shadow torch but you cant do that with loyal skins so this would create "better loyal items" which is unlogical and unloyal :D

EDIT: im 99.999% sure that Valve did that BS with those loyal items just to milk more money out of players that werent feeling like special snowflakes. Klei is not cancer like Valve is and they wont do that ever!

Edited by t0panka
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Woah Rose Collection skins!  I wonder if we'll get the same skins for the English version.

Looks like the promo gives you 5 pre-order skins: http://jihuang.qq.com/app/gamedetail_inner.shtml?appid=30245&tab=gonglue&articleid=4767

Pics from the Don't Starve Chinese Website:

Hide contents

Limited Edition Firepit.png Limited Edition Torch.png Rose Fire Girl Head.png Rose Scientist.png Rose Spider Head.png

EDIT: Missed a pic

Hide contents

Rose Spider Skin.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROADTRIP!

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Right now, the formal skins are exclusive to Steam (since you guys were around when Charlie took over) - for Tencent they got the rose collection. That's not to say they will never come to steam or PS4 only that Tencent got it first. If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

And if you're eager for new skins. We got some cool new stuff coming up, VERY soon. 

@JoeW... what is this meek mortal signed below supposed to do in order to convince you that the international community on Steam who has been with you through thick and thin is just as worthy of these as the Tencent one?

What can I say: these skins are amazing. They give off a strong Elizabethian vibe for whatever reason (the aqueduct-like firepit skin... *squee*) - and I utterly adore the fact. So far, you have created cute modern skins, the daredevil survivor collection, truly formal attires and the lunar wardrobe which I dub "Wickerbottom, home style" - the concepts you have here are fascinating. It's something we've been long waiting for.

(By long, I mean us staying with you throughout the entirety of DST's beta. With special dedication as it were.)

And given that I'm certain it is not Klei's intention to create cross-country tensions (PLEASE, no ganging on Chinese players on PVP servers!), I truly hope it is a matter of (little!) time to merge the available skin pools between the platforms.

It's just wishful thinking, of course. You're the one wielding the tools to make it or break it. But since you have always been a company most in touch with the community supporting you, this old soul can hope.

Right?

skinhyped_by_arlesienne-daler8o.png

For now...

klei_3_by_arlesienne-da5kmfa.png

In advance for any generous moves you may be preparing for us poor Steam users who speak a multitude of languages, yet are not based in China.

PS The Charlie picture is traced from the post-Cyclum reveal film, dry pastels, hope you don't mind.

Edited by Arlesienne
More attempts at convincing JoeW I'm not inferior to the Chinese. Hard lot, I tell you.
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, JoeW said:

If you like the style, let us know. We welcome the feedback as we make more. 

That is very, very important information for us. Big thanks for you... 0-0

• Like 4

I like this dress very much, the red color is very warm, each character is very beautiful to wear
The stone torch, the color is very, very, very red, really worthy of the name of the rose

And I get the skin in the Chinese version is the first one. . . . . . . Bib pants,Luck really bad :-d

QQ图片20161017185805.png

QQ图片20161017185811.png

QQ图片20161017190015.png

• Like 7