All Released Skins (as of now)

Meh, but she's a strong independent worker who don't need no colony to hold her down!

And bees are a part of a hive mind, so unless you're suggesting Charlie's powers extend that much, I don't think the bee analogy is gonna hold much water.

You're trying to fill a bucket that's filled with holes m9!

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Meh, but she's a strong independent worker who don't need no colony to hold her down!

DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            GENERIC = "Just like in the bossman's workshop."

}

She had a boss. Not so independent if I do say so. Guess you might say I patched up them bucket holes with some duct tape yeah?

• Like 1

Just now, Zeklo said:

DIVININGRODBASE =
        {
            GENERIC = "Just like in the bossman's workshop."

}

She had a boss. Not so independent if I do say so. Guess you might say I patched up them bucket holes with some duct tape yeah?

Yeah she had a boss, but you have a boss too do you not?

A boss does give orders, but not in the hive minded sense that a Queen bee does to her colony; he doesn't tell her when to eat, drink, sleep, go to the bathroom. She still does have free will, she clocks in, clocks out, and moves on with her life. Whereas a bee's entire life is devoted to serving their queen. (That and she could've also quit her job, retire, etc. But I'm looking too deep into this)

Guess that duct tape was from the dollar store, cuz it's starting to peel off.

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Yeah she had a boss, but you have a boss too do you not?

As much fun as this little dance we're having is. I'll just go and state my point already:

a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē/
noun

1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
    • a correspondence or partial similarity.
      "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
    • a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects.
      "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"
13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I don't think the bee analogy is gonna hold much water.

The key phrase here is "partial similarity".

You're driving too deep into the details, and misusing the word analogy—which works perfectly fine in this case. An analogy is just that, a partial similarity between too things, not exact word for word meanings as you're trying to make it out to be.

Or should I say bee?

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

As much fun as this little dance we're having is. I'll just go and state my point already:

a·nal·o·gy
əˈnaləjē/
noun

1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
    "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
    • a correspondence or partial similarity.
      "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
    • a thing that is comparable to something else in significant respects.
      "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

The key phrase here is "partial similarity".

You're driving too deep into the details, and misusing the word analogy—which works perfectly fine in this case. An analogy is just that, a partial similarity between too things, not exact word for word meanings as you're trying to make it out to be.

Or should I say bee?

The second bullet has no correlation whatsoever bee-tween what we're discussing, as you were clearly using the main definition from your POV: you were making a comparison bee-tween Winona and a Bee; they're both hard workers.

The "they're both hard workers" acts as the clarification, and as such cannot just bee the partial similarity, since there was the need to elaborate on it. 

If you were using the second bullet, allusion would've bee-en more appropriate alternative in your wording.

But that's bee-sides the point, I just got out of English class not too long ago, and I'm still in that mindset. So forgive me for lecturing you on the semantics of the word analogy, and all of this bee-ing completely redundant. :wilson_nerdy:

3 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

as you were clearly using the main definition from your POV: you were making a comparison bee-tween Winona and a Bee; they're both hard workers.

I didn't realize you had the power to choose what my argument was. In that case there's not much point in me participating if you're arguing both sides.

I fold. v(o-o)v

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd be fine with Wagstaff appearing. Just curious what he'd bring to the table in terms of skills.

I dunno, he's able to boss people around, so plus sanity for him when he's around other players, negative sanity for other players near him.

Maybe throw in a Metal Gear-esque cigar and viola!

He'll be able to grow a wicked mustache, that provides a small sanity aura to all those around him, including himself!

You know, maybe he'll be a more PvP-centric character!

Also, another thing could be he's emotionally drained from life at the factory, so fighting monsters doesn't affect him AS MUCH, it'll still have an affect, but not as much as other characters.

He'll look kinda like this:

Spoiler

stock-vector-victorian-era-set-gentleman

but with a mug more of this:

Spoiler

139-Grumpy-Man-Smoking-Cigar-Free-Retro-

So less gentlemanly and more cockney, kinda like this:

Spoiler

Image result for cockney

But more fierce. 

Ya pickin up what I'm puttin down? Ya dig it? :wilson_smile:

Edited by watermelen671

I'm apart of the WX-78 being Wagstaff theory squad, but I suppose it's lore regardless.

It'd also be weird having characters that DIRECTLY know each other without some sort of "barrier" . At least in my opinion.

• Like 4

• Developer
45 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Aw, why? That'd be so cool to bear witness to Winona beating the everliving crap outta her former boss! :wilson_ecstatic:

Why would she do that? I don't remember her showing dislike for him. Much for the contrary, she dislikes Maxwell for seemingly setting fire to their workplace.

• Like 1

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

Why would she do that? I don't remember her showing dislike for him. Much for the contrary, she dislikes Maxwell for seemingly setting fire to their workplace.

Because it's early times factory work, the conditions were crap, the hours were crap, and the safety standards were crap!

I mean I'd wanna beat the crap outta a person who made me work in conditions like those!

And weeeeeeeell, seeing Winona beat the crap outta Waxwell isn't gonna abade my bloodlust anytime soon, I mean he does have the nickname Weakswell for a reason.

5 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Because it's early times factory work, the conditions were crap, the hours were crap, and the safety standards were crap!

I mean I'd wanna beat the crap outta a person who made me work in conditions like those!

And weeeeeeeell, seeing Winona beat the crap outta Waxwell isn't gonna abade my bloodlust anytime soon, I mean he does have the nickname Weakswell for a reason.

Well... At those times, maybe those were the best work conditions available to get, maybe she liked the hard working as a former handywoman?

• Like 1

Just now, Dorozco said:

Well... At those times, maybe those were the best work conditions available to get, maybe she liked the hard working as a former handywoman?

They were slightly better than previously, but during the time she was alive they were still pretty bad; low wage, long grueling hours, dangerous equipment, I mean for crying out loud her primary tool is duct tape! She probably patched up the machines with flippin duct tape!  :wilson_ecstatic:

1 hour ago, Dorozco said:

Yeah, a job's a job. I'm sure she appreciated the income she got. Hence her fast working mechanic.