All Released Skins (as of now)

1 hour ago, nome said:

They will be dropping on steam shortly, I am just working out one blocker bug.

(holding a microphone to you) How does it feel to have thousands at your mercy, fuelled with the power to make or break dreams by releasing a long lost collection of skins that would complement the release of Charlie's sister nicely

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Winona has finally been released! Finally I have somewhere to dump these:

What's New?

Elegant

59b99d4f394b2_GuestofHonorHead_Winona.png.0d05cc04f949f8f867ee75f31d01cacd.png59b99d4ea5975_SurvivorHead_Winona.png.ea98ba8216a4587edbcccbe0201d2c51.png59b99d4e12706_ShadowHead_Winona.png.289e57c26cad47817c189c2108d2bd47.png

Distinguished

59b99d4cccb10_GuestofHonorBody_Winona.png.f5b8768d9f1c8de1243efb97225d52cc.png59b99d4b666cd_SurvivorBody_Winona.png.718a0ee73af4045ba7b40c9983324856.png59b99d4a04861_ShadowBody_Winona.png.a3a802073616dc6a7e32ca680e404889.png

With a little surprise...

Reveal hidden contents

Rose Leaks
59b99d4d548ad_RoseateHead_Winona.png.69802421caa18ae0826401b9d644b4c4.png

59b99d4c118ac_RoseateBody_Winona.png.b8cf69d61f7b2033dbe9855bd9377989.png

Spoiler

community_image_1416855132.gif.2c71a65c62ea7c9bc6d7be9bf2cf553e.gif

Like this, cool cool cool

Winona she and Dead Rising 3's protagonist is exactly the same, I think from the depths of my heart8fea1cc6a7efce1bfdaf67e0a451f3deb48f651d.thumb.jpg.896be2b3ac15dbf0e673afbfc4e3367f.jpgcommunity_image_1410109477.thumb.jpg.dc8c26c8181dd5a864e8121f6549f086.jpg

Edited by l96735063

30 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

oh please dear god don't be those pay to open kind of boxes

Play2Drop2Pay2Open. Or plain gambling by buying "boxes" from the market or Klei directly without needing a "key". Either way, yuck. I hope that's not what it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

Play2Drop2Pay2Open. Or plain gambling by buying "boxes" from the market or Klei directly without needing a "key". Either way, yuck. I hope that's not what it is.

That would be more that strange from Klei... and knowing the world of Don't Starve, a "mistery box" could be anything, from a nice gift to an evil surprice in the ruins. It sounds for me like something similar to a sacred chest, a labyrinth chest or a chest from a trap set-piece (like the summer set-piece was).

Btw, a random chest in the world which could do randomly anything was really interesting. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alainmcd said:

skinsutils.lua now mentions a new type of item: "mysterybox". Currently unused.

16 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

Pretty sure that's not what it is/will be. Klei already announced a way to buy single or a set of skins relatively inexpensive to give them the financial freedom to develop and add content to DST for free. It wouldn't make sense, and it wouldn't fit an amazing game dev like Klei to add something like that.

I kinda feel like it's more like a box item you get from doing special tasks such as defeating an event boss (for the fist time) to get a specific skin. (probably only one skin per person and probably untradeable like a loyal/timeless skin.) Maybe a new rarity called something like "proof of combat" or "proof of survival". I could imagine that if you defeat the boss the first time you get a skin and some ingame loot, and if you defeat him a second (, third, fourth, etc) time you get another box, but that one doesn't include any skins and "just" ingame loot such as Thul stuff and/or the new equipment that got announced lately.

At least I'm hoping for something like this. :angel:

• Like 1

@fimmatek, it's a type of skin item, like "emote", "feet", "hand", "body", "legs", "base" (for characters), "item" (craftables) or the also unused "oddment". It's not a prefab.

@Daniel86268, Klei have already announced that they'll be changing how skins drop and will be sold. In the context of skins, "mystery box" suggests (to me) something related to these gambling systems. However, until it's actually used, we don't know. And as I said, I hope it isn't any of that. It could also be something else, left unused or removed.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, alainmcd said:

it's a type of skin item, like "emote", "feet", "hand", "body", "legs", "base" (for characters), "item" (craftables) or the also unused "oddment". It's not a prefab

Whoops, then I totally misunderstood what it is. In this case... I have no idea what this could be... because a pay2play or such mechanic would still be out of place in DST.

Edited by fimmatek
  • Like 1

I don't know If I can speak for everyone, but I'd much much rather pay a small premium for a skin directly instead of gambling away on boxes... uughghghg.

I'm glad Klei are offering that for the upcoming event, thankfully.

Edited by Ashkain
  • Like 6

• The nature of the skins themselves will not change, they are still purely cosmetic and optional. However, purchase of the Warrior Set will help us fund further content and events like this one.

As said by Bigfoot, they're not changing how skins will work other than increase drops.

As for the mystery box, it's possible that the mystery box is connected to the upcoming trader. They're not going to change it to pay2play (other than the Warrior sets for each character which might be in a different gift box)

• Like 3

Maybe it's the thing we will receive for the trading of duplicate skin ?

There’s a new trader in town! If you get duplicates, you will be able to break them down to scrap and craft them into event items.

This ?

I don't know, but i really really hope it will not be something like "you buy a mystery box with unknown content", this is too close to gambling and Klei wasn't in this kind of thing before.