All Released Skins (as of now)

2 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Yaaaay, new skins. No, it is not the Rose Collection.

I don't get why the cane and prestihatitator skins aren't Rewards though, or why they don't show up in Collection. :VVV
Klei plz fix.

Because they're not new skins? They're another use for current skins.

• Like 6

Just now, Sudura2017 said:

Because they're not new skins? They're another use for current skins.

They're technically new skins since you can skin new structures/items with these skins in your collection, they're basically Rewards skins. God knows why they aren't marked as such. :V

• Like 2

Just now, Chris1488 said:

They're technically new skins since you can skin new structures/items with these skins in your collection, they're basically Rewards skins. God knows why they aren't marked as such. :V

I saw the Ancient Explorer now, that one makes sense for a Reward... Prestihatitator skins are exactly the same as the Top Hat skin though

Just now, Sudura2017 said:

I saw the Ancient Explorer now, that one makes sense for a Reward... Prestihatitator skins are exactly the same as the Top Hat skin though

Again, it's still changing the look of the structure, I'd call that a skin. The reason I think it would fit as a Reward skin is 'cause you're able to skin another item by having this skin in your inventory.

• Like 1

Just now, Chris1488 said:

Again, it's still changing the look of the structure, I'd call that a skin. The reason I think it would fit as a Reward skin is 'cause you're able to skin another item by having this skin in your inventory.

It's changing the look of the Top Hat ON the structure. I'd call that a Top Hat skin, and that's what it is.

• Like 1

• Developer

@Chris1488, we're working on a small update to the Collection screen that will make it clearer why these new skins aren't rewards. I was too busy counting my pink shirts and didn't get it into today's build unfortunately. :)

The basic idea is that it's not a reward for owning an ensemble of items. It's more of a continuation of an item that's been skinned being used as an ingredient when crafting something else.

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, PeterA said:

@Chris1488, we're working on a small update to the Collection screen that will make it clearer why these new skins aren't rewards. I was too busy counting my pink shirts and didn't get it into today's build unfortunately. :)

The basic idea is that it's not a reward for owning an ensemble of items. It's more of a continuation of an item that's been skinned being used as an ingredient when crafting something else.

think think think.gif

Whatever you say, Peter! Though I still think I should list them here as Rewards for now for the sake of simplicity so people know you get those skins for having the other skin of it.

As a dedicated collector of top hat skins, it's never made sense to me that when you make a presti with, say, your bowler hat, the resulting device shows a top hat and you get a top hat when you hammer it down. This change simple reflects the skin the player already has rather than providing a new skin for another item.

Edited by Rellimarual
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Whatever you say, Peter! Though I still think I should list them here as Rewards for now for the sake of simplicity so people know you get those skins for having the other skin of it.

I agree, I think it's a good idea to list them here as well.

5 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

But isn't the red tophat one of these limited time items?

It was likely done just for consistency. That, and when the event eventually starts up again people won't be complaining that this one specific top hat skin isn't working like the others.

• Like 3