[Modders Conversation] How do you deal with nonsense/abusive comments from subscribers?

SrJardel

Hello folks.

These days I'm impressed and stunned at the same time, with things some people write in my mod's page.

It is a translation mod, and as the description says, SW support is currently in development, as does the text of some characters as well. But guess what? People simply don't read the damn description and jump into Bugs or Suggestion threads saying things like:

• Doesn't work. (Without any useful info, eh, ok then... I guess this one is the most common, and I bet most of you guys know it already.)
  • You should change that "d" to "D" on "Day". (I've got this one minutes after I've updated the mod to match Woodlegs update, as soon as it was released this week. Like, really? Someone bother to jump into the Bugs thread to tell me "I should" do that? Being that this "d" was always "D" in the previous releases, but because the editor software messing with some strings in the update, and I didn't see this one before uploading the first branch? Eh, that's fine, is good to know the "customers" are so demanding at this point, lets just jump into the next.)
  • Your mod made my crafting menu looks blurry. (Eh, what can I say? Unless for the World Customization screen which has text elements tied on textures, there are only text in my mod. Why on earth would it blurry something? "Well, no problem dear costumer, take this gif where it shows the current menu working properly in its actual state, and plese, post a screenshot or your mod list so we can try to help you anyways." Guess what? He never came back...)

This is not a "name&shame" post. Mods are not 100% bugproof and weird things can happen here and there, but the above go beyond that. As much as they were real cases, I see it happening in a similar way in other (non translation)mod threads.

So I would like to know from you modders, not only what do you think about that, but how do you guys deal with it? I mean, you kindly answer everything even if it is bs at all? Do you keep non relevant or misleading comments in your Workshop's mod threads?

Your opinion here is very appreciated. 

Thank you!

I tend to ignore the indescriptive complains unless they come in bulk. As for suggestions, I never got nitpicks like that, the ones I get are usually worth discussing. False bug reports, I usually redirect to some other mod other call a "game issue", just because ignoring those would shine bad light at my mods and encourage others with such issues to post without thinking.

As for the SW requests, I always ignore them unless there's some concrete excuse reason I don't port my mods yet.

I don't delete normal comments, but solved bugs and plain nonsense, as well as those ASCII "art"s.

I would just go about how I go with every comment on the Internet.

If it has some legit criticism in it like say you should change the values of a Charactermod an Itemmod etc. because it feels to Overpowerd then you should look into it.

If it's just random BS that has no real merrits or valid criticism in it then just Ignore them move on and go like this

qNsKnAj.gif.522daba21f9b91a224bd22999a25

Archived