Shipwrecked Build 167804 - Feb 25th

11 hours ago, Adiastrasz said:

DUDE! Uninstall your mods, uninstall everything and reinstall clean copy of game. It sounds like you have screwed up your installation with all those mods. Dont blame Klei for your own screwups.

Looks like you screwed up your post by not being informed.. In case you didn't get what the problem is I made a simple little video explaining the it... oh and about the reinstall the screenie says my game install is fine.And before you even say anything yes this is way more configs then anyone would ever have at one time even in disabled mods but even much lesser numbers still cause this issue... acutally is seems to occur in two places.. as the world is generating and even more concerning there is a much larger spike as the game begins loading... this I just noticed.. the first spike is... well insignificant in comparison to the second.. using 100 mod configs I go from 180mb (of ram used by DS) idle to 250mb~ on world generation but then after it starts loading it spikes again this time to around 1200mb...

shown here

to to be clear this means that between all the mods you have subscribed to if you have 100 config options between them (think only 10 mods with 10 config options...) then the mod configs alone are taking over half of the ram that windows has dedicated to DS... leaving you with not enough.. and crash. boo.

Screenshot (10).png

Edited by Kam297

29 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I know he was added in RoG, when did I ever say he was added in RoG, all I said was that he was upgraded in RoG. :/

Yeah, I just made my point haha. the point was that RoG could do 3 giants and still have everyone ok with that, because 1 season already had a giant in vanilla. SW has no "vanilla" giant. 

9 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

What is the benefit of dripple pipes?

Horned Helmet has no more unique perk? what does it do differently than the football helmet anyway?

Does Shark Tooth Crown do anything else? Interactions with sea hounds? 

What is the sea sack's unique thing? 

Yeah, so I tried to post my findings last night but some forum bug ate the post (I think that happens when somebody else posts and you click the "see latest post" notification while writing a reply)

Anyhow, here's my notes about the new items:

Spoiler

Cactus Armor:

• 450 HP
  • damage -80%
  • fire immunity
  • does 5 damage to attackers (except thorns)
  • alchemy engine: log suit + 3 x cactus spear

essentially a poor man's scalemail or obsidian armor, it's little more than a fireproof log suit

Horned Helmet:

• 600 HP
  • damage -85%
  • 35% waterproof
  • poison immunity
  • alchemy engine: ox horn + 4 x seashell + rope

a superior helmet with improved waterproofing, protection, durability and poison immunity, but only 80% as durable as Wigfrid's battle helmet
it's also fairly pricey

Spear Gun:

• 8 uses
  • accepts spears as ammo (including poison, obsidian and Wigfrid's battle spear)
  • does 3 x damage for 10 x the wear
  • attack range 12, hit range 14
  • science machine: 3 x bamboo + jellyfish

Wigfrid's battle spear does 159.375 damage, so it 1-hit kills sharx

Sharktooth Crown:

• 1 day durability
  • +6.7 sanity/minute while at sea
  • science machine: 5 x hound tooth + gold

a very expensive substitute for a Tam O'Shanter at sea, costing 62.5 times as many teeth (5 for 1 day vs. 2 for 25 days from a sewing kit)

Ox Flute / Dripple Pipe:

• 5 uses
  • instantly causes rain
  • prestihatitator: ox horn + 3 x nightmare fuel + rope

rain accelerates the arrival of flotsam in RoG, so in a roundabout way this thing can farm a couple gems

Seasack:

• floatable
  • flammable (small fire, small heat propagation)
  • refridgerated (doesn't cool thermal stones)
  • backpack - capacity 6
  • alchemy engine: 5 x seaweed + 2 x vine + shark gills

Shipwrecked's version of the insulated pack.  It's cheaper because gills are more abundant than thick fur and it doesn't need electrical doodads or gears.

Edited by TemporaryMan
added seasack, ox flute & spear gun
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TemporaryMan said:

Yeah, so I tried to post my findings last night but some forum bug ate the post (I think that happens when somebody else posts and you click the "see latest post" notification while writing a reply)

Anyhow, here's my incomplete notes about the new items:

Hide contents

Cactus Armor:

• 450 HP
  • damage -80%
  • fire immunity
  • does 5 damage to attackers (except thorns)
  • alchemy engine: log suit + 3 x cactus spear

essentially a poor man's scalemail or obsidian armor, it's little more than a fireproof log suit

Horned Helmet:

• 600 HP
  • damage -85%
  • 35% waterproof
  • poison immunity
  • alchemy engine: ox horn + 4 x seashell + rope

a superior helmet with improved waterproofing, protection, durability and poison immunity, but only 80% as durable as Wigfrid's battle helmet
it's also fairly pricey

Spear Gun:

• science machine: 3 x bamboo + jellyfish

(not yet investigated)

Sharktooth Crown:

• 1 day durability
  • +6.7 sanity/minute while at sea
  • science machine: 5 x hound tooth + gold

a very expensive substitute for a Tam O'Shanter at sea, costing 62.5 times as many teeth (5 for 1 day vs. 2 for 25 days from a sewing kit)

Ox Flute: (I guess this is the dripple pipe?)

• prestihatitator: ox horn + 3 x nightmare fuel + rope

(not yet investigated)

Seasack:

• alchemy engine: 5 x seaweed + 2 x vine + shark gills

(not yet investigated)

investigated new speargun on my own already actually. 

8 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

What is the benefit of dripple pipes?

Horned Helmet has no more unique perk? what does it do differently than the football helmet anyway?

Does Shark Tooth Crown do anything else? Interactions with sea hounds? 

What is the sea sack's unique thing? 

Dripple pipes are under the magic tab and when constructed and played (like a flute), it makes it rain. I think it'd be useful during the dry season. I dunno about the rest of those things.

Edited by cece
I can't spell and it was bugging me.

• Developer

@Kam297

Just put out a patch that won't completely solve the problem, but it should help reduce the amount of memory used by config options during world gen. Let me know if this helps.

As for refunds, I think you'd have to contact Steam about that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Asparagus said:

I have 2-3 mods enabled... Geometry Placement, Packim Baggins teleporting, and Display Food value... never got a problem... are you sure it's not the actual mods you're using and not the game itself?

How do you have Display Food Value when its not working with Shipwrecked? When i look in my mods it says it doesn't work with SP.

1. in this version 167890 and last version. my game crashed when i used monkeyking and woodlegs(I don't know other characters like this) in the volcano. i didn't do nothing, just ran. Sometimes it crashed, sometimes not. Is there anyone like me? 

2.when I was unlocking the new character woodlegs, his name showed MISSING NAME.

3. when i put a dead dog fish on a drying rack, there was no dog fish's picture hanging on the rack. the dog fish's picture was missing. While  others like monster meat, meat is normal. After the meat was dried  the dried meat could show again.

Another problem(not bug) the ship, sea legs, is tooooooooooooooo   slow, have you considered to speed it up a little?

That's all so far, I will keep playing to find other bugs(I wish there won't be).

By the way, I love this game very much, thank klei. 

9 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

How do you have Display Food Value when its not working with Shipwrecked? When i look in my mods it says it doesn't work with SP.

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant the Combined Status Mod haha sorry... I wish it would work for SW soon though...

EDIT: I played with some of it and well, display food value works...

Edited by Asparagus
Checked...

After seeing the Quacken Fight...I really want to see Sea Combat being focused on things like that.

Have it be based all around ranged weapons(as well as have more of them and cheaper ones), make boats easier to kite with(or at least manuever with), and make Sea Hounds a better enemy(They gangbang you so you either cheap them out, or tank them. and you cant tank them. If cheaping out is the way to beat something, that something sucks).

On 25/02/2016 at 2:21 AM, voyager156 said:

When I play as Woodlegs - should treasures on nearby islands be visible on the map? Or is it a bug? (not wearing his hat).

Yes it is normal. Woodlegs can sniff out treasures. So no need to go bottle hunting :D 
Read the description of Woodlegs in the menu. :) 

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:15 PM, SrJardel said:

Tried Blueberrys Mod Manager already?

No I haven't ever seen this before but at first glance it looks exactly like what I was looking for. :) THANK YOU!

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, Bryce said:

Let me know if this helps.

It did thank you very very much! :)

• Like 1

On 2016-02-25 at 1:43 PM, Bryce said:

Items

• Speargun reworked. You now load spears into the speargun and shoot them instead of crafting one speargun per shot.

A7BRKOMCAAE1IKF.jpg

Now we can load spears to speargun.. This is how I feel when killing whales!.. Finally some useful ranged weapon. Thanks alot.

Edited by Gingerbread

Hi,

I noticed that on my RoG game, the Berry Bush is no longer being shown in Map as icon. Is it the default now?

I created a new game under Shipwrecked and saw that the Berry Bush icon (the one with pointed leaves) is showing in Map.

Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks