Sign in to follow this  
hwarnack

Game is shutting down my computer

hwarnack    10

It happened twice. The first time it saved fine but the second time it started me back at day one after I was very far into it. I know its in beta but I regret buying this game.When it gets dark now every night it shuts down my computer. Does the game update automatically or do I need to do something on my end to get the latest version??

Edited by hwarnack

Kevin    504

Chrome runs the game in a pretty strict sandbox. If the game is resetting your actual computer, I would guess that it has something to do with the the way it is interacting with your video card drivers.What OS / video card combination are you using?

Kevin    504

Have you played other NaCL games in chrome, like AirMech or Bastion? I want to figure out if the problem lies with the chrome layer or the game layer.

hwarnack    10

It hasn't happened since my original post but it just happened again and its only while i'm playing Don't Starve and it only happens when its turning day to dusk.

hwarnack    10

It just happened again. Its not starting me on day 1 like before but still shutting down. This not happening anyone else?

JoeW    21,653

Hey Hwarnack, We need to make sure the drivers on your laptop are up to date, including any updates you may need for Win7. The way that the game can work with your computer through chrome does not allow it to interact with your computer in such a way that it should be able to cause a complete system crash. It's just not something that the game is able to do. So likely, we are looking at an issue with your drivers or OS.

hwarnack    10

Ok it happened again last night while on the steam version for the first time9since the last time) but didnt start my game over and it just happened again on the steam version but did restart my game. No big deal on the restart cause I died and was only on a few days but had a nice stock pile going but still no big deal. It doesn't only happen when changing from day to dusk or night to morning anymore this time I was taking a break and had the map up just chillin watching my shows and bam my computer went black. It only happens when Dont Starve is up and open.

JoeW    21,653

Sorry, the other issue pushed this one down. Taking a look at it now.

Sign in to follow this