Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

TheKingDedede

Baby Beefalo have gone invisible

TheKingDedede    3,030

While playing an entirely default RoG world and not yet linking my Shipwrecked world, I noticed that Baby Beefalo had become completely invisible until I got close to them and attempted to herd them. Another strange side effect of them turning invisible was that I noticed that sometimes the babies would turn into nothing more than immovable shadows on the ground, and attacking the shadows would lead to the herd aggroing on me. I have never used console commands to obtain or spawn anything in the game.

219740_screenshots_2016-02-07_00002.jpg

219740_screenshots_2016-02-09_00001.jpg

JanH    6,495

Thanks for the report, we are aware of this and are looking to have a fix for it for an upcoming update.

Koji3    1

Sweet as, was going to report the same thing. 
Wasn't sure it if was because I had "where are my beefalo" mod but created a new world without mods and same problem. Also, I'm not sure if they are growing up to be adults. I see more and more shadows but around the same number of adults every season I visit. 
Not sure if they aren't growing because I'm no where near them, rarely visit and hence they aren't loaded thou. 

wolkenwand    3

I was going to report this too, experienced the same thing. I played vanilla game without, RoG, Shipwrecked or mod. I was in savana, winter season, baby beefalo is invisible only their shadow is visible and when aproached sometime they appearing again.

Koji3    1

So a quick bit to add. 
They seem to appear when they are making horizontal movements on the screen. Moving left to right, right to left but any other movement they will disappear. 
Additionally, sometimes they will run, sometimes, the shadow will not move at all. Other times, they will start running away and then all of a sudden they will stop and won't run like all baby beefalo do. Bit random, logging in and out, occasionally fixes this. 

Iris    41

Experiencing the same issue. To add to this, it seems like my beefalo herds are not growing due to this bug. The invisible baby beefalo get to their teens and then never turn into adults. I'm on day 236 on a completely default world and I still only have the same 8 adult beefalo my world started with.

Same with my world's beefalo, it's just a regular Don't Starve world with no RoG. There seem to be a lot of baby invisible beefalo. For me though if I rotate my camera a certain way I can see them but only on that camera rotation, they go back to being the shadows when I change it. Near two beefalo far away from the main heard in my world I rotated it to view them and there were 6 baby beefalo near them! I only just noticed it in my second world, so it's a recent thing...?

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 5.40.40 pm.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-01 at 5.40.37 pm.png