Hop aboard the hype train. Loyal skins are a comin'!

Sad update is that all of the prefabs were removed recently. Most likely because it was causing game breaking bugs. The system was trying to give you an item that didn't actually exist. qq

EDIT: I only remember reading one and that was the woodie_accident. Apparently it's a logging accident of some sort.
I'm going to die and klei is going to hold the knife in my still beating heart.

9 minutes ago, t0panka said:

I thought this was sure thing. That is what loyal means right? Not marketable or tradeable!

Also since elegant items are everywhere now we need something special again. I hope that Loyal and Timeless are account locked

Not marketable or tradeable? that's bad... not cause of "buing stuff" but for example  its 4 loyal backpack u may get what u dont like, and cant get what u like how its that nice gift? Whats point of that? I dont get it... it have to be other way to make it special... if would be only one loyal item and that would be account locked would be no problem for me but when I see other options? MEH

49 minutes ago, Celophone said:

Not sure about you, but there's always something to do in game, even if you survived through every season.  I noticed from one of your past comments that you think there's nothing to do after surviving 100 days.  Well, seeing how you were advocating stuff from Minecraft, I assume you must be play Minecraft on a regular basis.  iirc, you build bases in Minecraft, correct? Well, have you tried doing that in DST?  Not one of those beginning days kind of base, but a mega base-- you know, late game bases that pros build.  My sis and I have our own dedicated server for just the 2 of us, and we're only approaching day 400, but our base is no where close to being what we'd call a mega base. 

If you think there's nothing to do on this game, why did you buy it?  The game is about surviving as long as you can.  It is expected that you'll be doing the same thing over and over.  imo, I don't think you've experienced everything the DST world has to offer.  Have you explored caves and ruins?  Built a cave base?  Solo'd Dragonfly and other bosses? 

Just set some random goals for yourself and you'll find yourself with something new to do.

sry i dont play minecraft at all but dst is so time burning for nothing im saying you make a base its not that fun but fine ok and then what you struggle trough winter and summer its ******* boring game needs to have more activities and stuff

1 minute ago, HaloUsagi said:

Not marketable or tradeable? that's bad... not cause of "buing stuff" but for example  its 4 loyal backpack u may get what u dont like, and cant get what u like how its that nice gift? Whats point of that? I dont get it... it have to be other way to make it special... if would be only one loyal item and that would be account locked would be no problem for me but when I see other options? MEH

Stop making it complicated. You get all loyal items if you purchased ROG before DST and those are account locked ... if you want to trade/buy/sell do it with 100 other items. Done .)

Just now, t0panka said:

Stop making it complicated. You get all loyal items if you purchased ROG before DST and those are account locked ... if you want to trade/buy/sell do it with 100 other items. Done .)

Lol I'm not oO IDK did u understand but i was talking about situation when would u get only ONE item didnt even think u will get 4 loyal skins

14 minutes ago, AriOSxT said:

sry i dont play minecraft at all but dst is so time burning for nothing im saying you make a base its not that fun but fine ok and then what you struggle trough winter and summer its ******* boring game needs to have more activities and stuff

Spoiler

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, HaloUsagi said:

Then you're not being loyal, you're being greedy.  Klei is giving you something that other people can't get, and you can't even appreciate that?  Even if there are multiple loyal items and you get one you didn't want, you should still appreciate even getting one.  This is coming from someone who won't even be getting a loyal from the paid DLC back then.  People like me won't be seeing loyals sitting in our inventories for a lonnngggg time.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Celophone said:

Then you're not being loyal, you're being greedy.  Klei is giving you something that other people can't get, and you can't even appreciate that?  Even if there are multiple loyal items and you get one you didn't want, you should still appreciate even getting one.  This is coming from someone who won't even be getting a loyal from the paid DLC back then.  People like me won't be seeing loyals sitting in our inventories for a lonnngggg time.

Not wanting to sound greedy or anything, but if that's the case, then completionists like me would never be able to, y'know, completely complete their inventory...

I'd like it if there was a way for people to get those Loyal skins if that's how they'll be given, be it by trading or by marketability... and here's from someone that bought RoG way back on BETA.

1 minute ago, Celophone said:

im not beeing loyal and im beeing greedy  cause I may not like what i get?  and try get what I like? ha xD

22 minutes ago, AriOSxT said:

Why did you even buy the game then?  Heck, did you even buy the game, or did you pirate it?  If you didn't pay, don't complain.  Even if you did pay, you could've gotten a refund if you didn't like the game after playing for a bit. 

Like I said before, the whole point of this game is to survive as long as you can, which means you'll be burning a lot of time.  If the game is so boring to you, stop wasting your time playing it.  Simple as that.  You don't have to **** post.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Not wanting to sound greedy or anything, but if that's the case, then completionists like me would never be able to, y'know, completely complete their inventory...

I'd like it if there was a way for people to get those Loyal skins if that's how they'll be given, be it by trading or by marketability... and here's from someone that bought RoG way back on BETA.

Just to clarify, I'm for untradable, not marketable loyal skins because of afkers who don't play this game and are out to make a profit.  My point is, are you okay with people like that getting loyal skins to sell, and are you willing to buy those skins for whatever inflated price they put it up for?

3 minutes ago, HaloUsagi said:

im not beeing loyal and im beeing greedy  cause I may not like what i get?  and try get what I like? ha xD

yes i think this is exactly what it means :/

4 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

"loyal" doesn't mean "buy it from market for few $" ... SO either Klei should give those people ALL loyal skins bound to account or just scrap this idea if loyal items are marketable/tradeable

• Developer
7 minutes ago, Celophone said:

My point is, are you okay with people like that getting loyal skins to sell, and are you willing to buy those skins for whatever inflated price they put it up for?

I understand your point, but hey, if they get those loyal skins... well, it's theirs now. They can do whatever they want with it. And if they DO sell it for tremendously high prices... simply don't buy it.

I don't think that $300+ Loungewear was ever sold on the market.

Much like GoH's, their price will lower down once people don't pay the absurd amount of money they ask for.

And no, I wouldn't buy them with those high prices. Firstly not to influence said high prices, and secondly because my currency value is pretty low and with $300 I could probably buy a gamer PC or something like that.

1 minute ago, t0panka said:

"loyal" doesn't mean "buy it from market for few $" ... SO either Klei should give those people ALL loyal skins bound to account or just scrap this idea if loyal items are marketable/tradeable

I understand... although the former wouldn't be prejudicial to me, I still feel bad for the other people that didn't know about this game up until RoG was already for free on DST...

I guess you are right, though. It'd make the "Loyal" items really feel a special kind of special.

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I still feel bad for the other people that didn't know about this game up until RoG was already for free on DST...

^ this is the LOYAL part

I guess you are right, though. It'd make the "Loyal" items really feel a special kind of special.

^ this is the YES, THANK YOU part

.)

Just now, t0panka said:

yes i think this is exactly what it means :/

this is what exactly this isnt, i was talking about sytuation when u are ONLY able to get 1 of 4 and its account locked, how that can be greedy and not loyal? 

If u get all 4 and its account locked? its awesome and special

Maybe this world change but I was thinking people can have their own thoughts and be nice too each other, "maybe it was just a dream" 

Maybe a good compromise would be you could only trade loyal items for other loyal items. That way loyal items would only stay with people who earned them, but if you didn't like the one you got you could still trade it for something different. I mean, no matter how rare a skin is, it doesn't do you much good if you never want to equip it. I'm not sure if this would even be possible to do though.

Besides, we don't even know how loyal skins will work yet. We're kind of kind of jumping to conclusions here.

2 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

Maybe a good compromise would be you could only trade loyal items for other loyal items. That way loyal items would only stay with people who earned them, but if you didn't like the one you got you could still trade it for something different. I mean, no matter how rare a skin it, it doesn't do you much good if you never want to equip it. I'm not sure if this would even be possible to do though.

Besides, we don't even know how loyal skins will work yet. We're kind of kind of jumping to conclusions here.

Exactly but even if we dont know how it will work u should be able to say ur opinion without argue... just saying.

Have nice day/night everyone :p

Anyway... since there was mention of a campfire skin I would assume it possible for other structures to have skins (in time/theory at least?). I say this for this reason:

544?cb=20151221021330

Wouldn't it be cool to have mechanical spider dens?

Now we just need skinned mobs... >.>

33 minutes ago, t0panka said:

That's another way Klei could do it.  

But did anyone consider the fact that all those who bought the DLC could possibly get the same, 1 item: the campfire skin?

and to others who say they may get a loyal skin they didn't want, what if Klei didn't just give you a random loyal skin but rather let you pick from the available ones? This would be in regards to the 4 RoG backpack skins. 

15 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

Maybe a good compromise would be you could only trade loyal items for other loyal items. That way loyal items would only stay with people who earned them, but if you didn't like the one you got you could still trade it for something different. I mean, no matter how rare a skin is, it doesn't do you much good if you never want to equip it. I'm not sure if this would even be possible to do though.

I was discussing this exact idea with my sis. The thing is, could Steam make it so only those with a loyal skin could trade for the same tiered item? It seems a bit too complicated for them to go out of their way to do that... But we can always hope.

Just now, AriOSxT said:

i bought the game then it came out for the art it looked unique and still does.... years later its exactly the same as day one i thought they would add something i guess people just have super low expectations

The game has added a lot since day one. I mean Dont starve together was a whole game. The original game only had one type of tree. No rain. No ponds. No frogs. No seasons. No catcoons.... the list goes on and on. They are always adding things to the game. They have added these new skins and clothes which was never available before. So yeah. Saying they don't add things isn't exactly accurate. The games continue to grow and change. Even the original DS still has things added every now and then. These loyalty skins- who knows how they will work, its another one of those things Klei is working for. A new thing for us to enjoy in the future. I am optimistic that they will be done with care and consideration towards the players as all changes have been thus far. 

5 minutes ago, LadyD said:

The game has added a lot since day one. I mean Dont starve together was a whole game. The original game only had one type of tree. No rain. No ponds. No frogs. No seasons. No catcoons.... the list goes on and on. They are always adding things to the game. They have added these new skins and clothes which was never available before. So yeah. Saying they don't add things isn't exactly accurate. The games continue to grow and change. Even the original DS still has things added every now and then. These loyalty skins- who knows how they will work, its another one of those things Klei is working for. A new thing for us to enjoy in the future. I am optimistic that they will be done with care and consideration towards the players as all changes have been thus far. 

i guess you are right about that except for skins that may turn into another way to make money or maybe just an attempt to revive the game people get addicted to items easily

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Anyway... since there was mention of a campfire skin I would assume it possible for other structures to have skins (in time/theory at least?). I say this for this reason:

544?cb=20151221021330

Wouldn't it be cool to have mechanical spider dens?

Now we just need skinned mobs... >.>

i always thought mechanical spider equivalent would be the pawns from the concept art! 

tumblr_mz0eqw62s31s8bb9go1_1280.thumb.pn
1 hour ago, AriOSxT said:

i guess you are right about that except for skins that may turn into another way to make money or maybe just an attempt to revive the game people get addicted to items easily

i think that's why the loyal ones should be account bound personally, or only traded loyal for loyal. i'm not sure if the latter is possible though. 

as for the rest, it was kind of inevitable. once you make tradable, cosmetic items, people will sell them for profit. 

13 hours ago, AriOSxT said:

Klei doesn't make profit from skins. The people who get skins from playing the game sell them on the steam market for their own pocket. And Klei's new 'trade-inn' (still in beta) allows you to trade in skins you dont like for a higher tier for the low low cost of $0.00. I know, expensive right?

2 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Klei doesn't make profit from skins. The people who get skins from playing the game sell them on the steam market for their own pocket. And Klei's new 'trade-inn' (still in beta) allows you to trade in skins you dont like for a higher tier for the low low cost of $0.00. I know, expensive right?

trading is still new who knows they might start making chest where you get high quality items for money like cs go tf2 dota 2
for now yes they are not making any money but more people started playing the game because of skins
got to warm the crowd up before you start selling ****

Archived