Hop aboard the hype train. Loyal skins are a comin'!

26 minutes ago, AriOSxT said:

lol so u need some lame dlc to be loyal

So, you're saying the DLC, which adds additional Giants and seasons and other mechanics that vanilla doesn't have, lame?  

On another note, I do hope this isn't the only way to acquire loyal skins because some people, like myself, weren't playing the game when the DLC wasn't free.  I would've gladly paid for it if it were still a paid DLC. 

And to those who think, "Just buy the loyal skin off someone who paid for the DLC," I would rather give the money directly to Klei themselves than to some person on the steam market.

1 hour ago, Celophone said:

So, you're saying the DLC, which adds additional Giants and seasons and other mechanics that vanilla doesn't have, lame?  

On another note, I do hope this isn't the only way to acquire loyal skins because some people, like myself, weren't playing the game when the DLC wasn't free.  I would've gladly paid for it if it were still a paid DLC. 

And to those who think, "Just buy the loyal skin off someone who paid for the DLC," I would rather give the money directly to Klei themselves than to some person on the steam market.

it is still a paid dlc, just for single player not multiplayer. so technically you can still pay for it.

from what i remember of what they've said in streams, there'll be other opportunities to get loyal tier skins. community events so to speak, such as a forum event or something? i can't quite remember it word for word. 

2 hours ago, AriOSxT said:

lol so u need some lame dlc to be loyal

Characters - Webber (<3) and Wigfrid

Seasons - Spring and Summer 

Giants - Bearger, Dragonfly, and Moosegoose + her babies

Biomes - Birchnut Forest and Desert

Mobs/Animals/Monsters - Catcoons, Buzzards, Moleworms, Glommer, Varg, Birchnut Tree monster, and Volt Goats.

Plus new mechanics, balance, and items.

For $5. You know, what games like TF2 or CS charge for one item skin or hat. Or what Evolve charges per a character they decide to add. I bought Don't Starve, Don't Starve RofG, Don't Starve Shipwrecked, and Don't Starve Together for my close friends and some others. I'm proud and happy that Klei decided to award their loyal fans, cause they didn't really have to. I'm also happy I scored some friends some cool loot if these are indeed the gift. :3

9 minutes ago, VexTheHex said:

Characters - Webber (<3) and Wigfrid

Seasons - Spring and Summer 

Giants - Bearger, Dragonfly, and Moosegoose + her babies

Biomes - Birchnut Forest and Desert

Mobs/Animals/Monsters - Catcoons, Buzzards, Moleworms, Glommer, Varg, Birchnut Tree monster, and Volt Goats.

Plus new mechanics, balance, and items.

For $5. You know, what games like TF2 or CS charge for one item skin or hat. Or what Evolve charges per a character they decide to add. I bought Don't Starve, Don't Starve RofG, Don't Starve Shipwrecked, and Don't Starve Together for my close friends and some others. I'm proud and happy that Klei decided to award their loyal fans, cause they didn't really have to. I'm also happy I scored some friends some cool loot if these are indeed the gift. :3

Woodie too :)

4 minutes ago, HaloUsagi said:

Woodie too :)

Pretty sure he was in the base game as the last character to be unlocked by Experience. Cause unlike Webber & Wigfrid, he got his own figure for the blind boxes. I'm still waiting on those two to get figures!!! 

18 minutes ago, VexTheHex said:

I'm still waiting on those two to get figures!!! 

They really should make a second series of figures, I mean we now have webber, wigfrid, walani, warly, wilbur, and woodlegs to make characters of, and the first series wasn't even all characters, they could even put in packim baggims, a merm, flup, and maybe wolly could be the super rare maxwell-type figure.

1 hour ago, The Letter W said:

it is still a paid dlc, just for single player not multiplayer. so technically you can still pay for it.

from what i remember of what they've said in streams, there'll be other opportunities to get loyal tier skins. community events so to speak, such as a forum event or something? i can't quite remember it word for word. 

Lol I know it's still a paid DLC for single player because I bought it, 2 copies actually (one for my sis and one for me). xD I even bought the pocket edition to test out the differences and it's been quite a time killer for my commute to and from uni. 

Community events would be great. I just have one concern.  Since loyal skins will be the rarest (I assume), people who get them can sell them on the market for a lot of money. The problem here is that some people on the forums and on the steam forums are only "playing" this game to make a profit, so wouldn't it be unfair for those kinds of people to win community events? I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this. I feel like those who actually play the game and enjoy it, not because of the skins but for the game itself, deserve it more than those seeking a profit.

just wondering, is it possible to make it so skins are locked to your account, making it untradable and not marketable? I ask this because loyal skins kind of resemble your loyalty to Klei, so people who really want it for themselves wouldn't want to get rid of them anyway, right? Making loyal skins locked to your account may help prevent the concern I mentioned above. 

Just now, Celophone said:

Lol I know it's still a paid DLC for single player because I bought it, 2 copies actually (one for my sis and one for me). xD I even bought the pocket edition to test out the differences and it's been quite a time killer for my commute to and from uni. 

Community events would be great. I just have one concern.  Since loyal skins will be the rarest (I assume), people who get them can sell them on the market for a lot of money. The problem here is that some people on the forums and on the steam forums are only "playing" this game to make a profit, so wouldn't it be unfair for those kinds of people to win community events? I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this. I feel like those who actually play the game and enjoy it, not because of the skins but for the game itself, deserve it more than those seeking a profit.

just wondering, is it possible to make it so skins are locked to your account, making it untradable and not marketable? I ask this because loyal skins kind of resemble your loyalty to Klei, so people who really want it for themselves wouldn't want to get rid of them anyway, right? Making loyal skins locked to your account may help prevent the concern I mentioned above. 

i'm actually hoping they will be account locked, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of labeling them as loyal. 

1 hour ago, VexTheHex said:

Pretty sure he was in the base game as the last character to be unlocked by Experience. Cause unlike Webber & Wigfrid, he got his own figure for the blind boxes. I'm still waiting on those two to get figures!!! 

i guess u are right, but i was sure he was part of it dont know why...

6 minutes ago, VexTheHex said:

Punk Webber? PUNK WEBBER! YESH! I hope he has a mohawk or some sort of multi-colored hairdo going on. <3

I am HYPED. It's not a frog backpack, but it's PUNK WEBBER!!! 

Also that Willow art made me start viewing her as a transvestite. Those are some thick, straight eyebrows.

lkJFKALDFASFWE.gif

Also thick eyebrows =/= trans, but this isn't Tumblr so I'm not going to argue about that here.

Either way, SKINS!!!!!

12 minutes ago, AriOSxT said:

but the game is played out what are you guys doing in game? there are no updates everything is basically the same since the day one

I'm still new to the Ruins and am having fun trying to adventure down there and not die horrible monkey related deaths, But it is true, the game needs end game challenges and threats so people can't sit at base with their army of crockpots and fridges. You can make yourself busy though, building more bases or decorating the map. You can also always start a new world, maybe try public and see if you can carry new players through their first winter, 

25 minutes ago, WillowCrocker said:

lkJFKALDFASFWE.gif

Also thick eyebrows =/= trans, but this isn't Tumblr so I'm not going to argue about that here.

Either way, SKINS!!!!!

SKINS!!!

Webber Happy.JPG

32 minutes ago, AriOSxT said:

but the game is played out what are you guys doing in game? there are no updates everything is basically the same since the day one

Not sure about you, but there's always something to do in game, even if you survived through every season.  I noticed from one of your past comments that you think there's nothing to do after surviving 100 days.  Well, seeing how you were advocating stuff from Minecraft, I assume you must be play Minecraft on a regular basis.  iirc, you build bases in Minecraft, correct? Well, have you tried doing that in DST?  Not one of those beginning days kind of base, but a mega base-- you know, late game bases that pros build.  My sis and I have our own dedicated server for just the 2 of us, and we're only approaching day 400, but our base is no where close to being what we'd call a mega base. 

If you think there's nothing to do on this game, why did you buy it?  The game is about surviving as long as you can.  It is expected that you'll be doing the same thing over and over.  imo, I don't think you've experienced everything the DST world has to offer.  Have you explored caves and ruins?  Built a cave base?  Solo'd Dragonfly and other bosses? 

Just set some random goals for yourself and you'll find yourself with something new to do.

2 hours ago, The Letter W said:

i'm actually hoping they will be account locked, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of labeling them as loyal. 

I thought this was sure thing. That is what loyal means right? Not marketable or tradeable!

Also since elegant items are everywhere now we need something special again. I hope that Loyal and Timeless are account locked

Archived