enable_vote_kick = true
enable_autosaver = true
connection_timeout = 8000
enable_snapshots = true
lan_only_server = false

Where should I place these settings??

Edited by anselch1011

4 hours ago, n0xxx said:

Well if I move my Steam folder into C: all of the games installed will be moved since it's inside that folder. Not to mention, i only have 40GB left on C: and my Steam folder is 85GB.... soooo yeah

If we are meant to have DST installed in C:\ then that needs to be explained in the OP, as with any other assumptions that may have been made.

I deleted everything and started again from scratch, following the instructions to the very letter this time, without even changing "survival" to "endless". Everything has been copy/pasted where necessary, and I have triple checked for errors, but it is exactly as stated in the OP, but I am still having the same issue.

For those of you that are able to get it running, but are unable to migrate your old saves etc, do you have steam installed in C:\?

I have attached screenshots to show exactly what I have done and what is happening.

Spoiler

StartDSTServers.bat.png.cd44aefed048873656be7e7858280_steamcmddir.png.798e6cff3256be7f1ed602e_SteamCMDError.png.83772ccc

EDIT: Even if I install it on my C drive, it won't be in the default location as I had to install Skyrim outside the protected Program Files directory.

Edited by Xaviien

13 minutes ago, Xaviien said:

For those of you that are able to get it running, but are unable to migrate your old saves etc, do you have steam installed in C:\?

I do, yes. But the game completely ignores my old saves, it just creates a new world, overwriting my old one.

@255I figured out why myself and @n0xxx are having issues.

The .bat file is not executing the cd line correctly, so on the next line where it tries to open "dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer" it is still looking in the Klei folder where the .bat file is located.

I was able to correct this by moving the .bat directly to C:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin but I can not figure out how to make the .bat operate correctly from the documents\Klei location.

@255 The instructions in 11 are just not working for us for some reason. Would it be because we have our documents folder in a non default location?

56be860132817_Errorlocated.thumb.png.df0

3 minutes ago, 255 said:

@Xaviien: Am I correct in assuming that you have steamcmd installed in c:\steamcmd, and your batch file is in F:\Stuff\Klei?

Yes, that is absolutely correct. That is as per V2C's instructions in the opening post, and another post from him explaining why myself and @n0xxx might have been having this issue.

Edited by Xaviien

• Developer

@Xaviien: Okay, you'll need to change this line:

cd "c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin"

to this:

cd /D "c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin"

We'll update the guide shortly.

7 minutes ago, 255 said:

@Xaviien: Could you let us know if this works for you?

Yes @255, it absolutely does. Sorry, I should have been clearer in my previous reply. I haven't actually tried to play yet, but the servers open and run as expected. I was also able to find and enter the server with no problem.

Anything more than that will need to wait until later, and will obviously be irrelevant to this particular issue we were having.

Thanks again and have a great day.

• Like 1

So servers are working so that's nice but now how do I enable mods? Everything seems to be working but no matter where I place my modoverrides I still play in Vanilla. I know for sure I updated my Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server but by skimming the thread I have to make a new one or something?

I think this way of making the server is fine as I got "most" things figured out but there is no indicator on how to enable mods...

It also doesn't help I'm not doing the conventional way: 

mklink /j "target" "source"

Which I find infinitely better than the standard.

Edited by rons0n

does server_save_slot = 2 go under [gameplay]?

i have it under GAMEPLAY and NETWORK in cluster.ini and it keeps loading our old slot 1 save. the world we were playing in with the old pre-configured server was in slot 2

actually, i dont know where our save is now, because we used the pre-config in the steam tools section for a dedicated server. i moved the save folder from Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld into Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\Master

would this be correct to get the pre-config world back?

Edited by Bubblysoda

My shards didn't seem to be respecting my new server.ini files (both shards complained about is_master missing and both tried to bind to the default port of 10099). I was able to fix this by converting the line ending to DOS line endings, even though my dedicated server was on Linux. My old settings.ini files had UNIX line endings without any problems. That's probably a change worth calling out as the logs don't give any obvious indication that the server.ini file is found but invalid.

Can one of the Admins help?

I'm Trying to setup my dedicated Ubunut Server with this new update.

I have tried to addapt these instructions to my full abillity to work with my OS.

It seems to be working but i can't get past the Cluster Token verifying.

It keeps giving me the error that the token is not valid.

Anyone any ideas?

I can get the world server (or shard?) up and running without problems, but whenever I start the cave server the world server just quit? I'm using something like this:

Spoiler

#!/bin/sh
cd /home/steam/steamapps/DST/bin

/usr/bin/screen -Sdm "world" /bin/sh -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master'

/usr/bin/screen -Sdm "cave" /bin/sh -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves'

besides, I always get the following errors:

Spoiler

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
[Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(8768, 10999, 27026)
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
[Steam] SteamGameServer_Init(8768, 10999, 27027)
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Warning] SteamGameServer_Init failed
Your server will still start, but some Steam functionality may be missing.
Steam ports can be configured through command line by adding:
-steam_authentication_port 12345 -steam_master_server_port 12346
or through settings.ini, under the [network] heading
steam_authentication_port = 12345
steam_master_server_port  = 12346
Auth port: 8768 Master server port: 27018

Any idea? Thanks.