Dedicated Server Quick Setup Guide - Windows

On 2/12/2016 at 9:34 PM, 255 said:

I've followed the step-by-side to the exact word multiple times for months. I cannot get the beta server to be visible for anyone to join the game. What are the additional steps needed so players can join my server?

Edited by Chillaxin

On 2/2/2017 at 11:25 PM, Voron_EU said:

Please help me.(in advance sorry for my English)

I dlelo all the instructions but I get an error that there is no cluster_token.txt.

Although it is.

Are you in the ANR Beta?, if this is the case you must be sure that your server is in beta, a token generated with the Beta is not compatible with non beta servers and viceversa

Hello, my server is resetting if the last person that was playing dies and leave the server before the counter reaches 0. It was supoosed to pause because I have the variable pause_when_empty on cluster.ini set to true, but the world is regenerating. How can I change that? The server is hosted by Citadel Servers.

Tried to do so:

[STEAM]
steam_group_id = mygroupname
steam_group_only = true

and did the same before in section [NETWORK],

and finally I added this strings to all sections that I found,

but every time it shows "no group".

How can I do that correctly?

Hi,

How do I use the exact commands "c_save()" and "c_rollback(count)" for Dedicated server

I am trying to create a manual (save = backup) server.

Example commands:

/Save server 1111

/Save server 2222

/Save server 3333

/Save server 4444

/rollback server 2222

pls help me

Edited by Ellie96

@Lithil, you can use the Dedicated Server tool from the Steam client following this guide, with a few changes: skip step 1, remove the first line from the batch file in step 11, and change the second (now first) line of the same batch file so it points to your dedicated server installation folder (right click Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> Browse Local Files button, and copy the address from the address bar).

Or, you can follow my guide.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:20 AM, alainmcd said:

@Lithil, you can use the Dedicated Server tool from the Steam client following this guide, with a few changes: skip step 1, remove the first line from the batch file in step 11, and change the second (now first) line of the same batch file so it points to your dedicated server installation folder (right click Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> Browse Local Files button, and copy the address from the address bar).

Or, you can follow my guide.

I followed up on everything, it worked out nice! for mods, i hosted a game, then i pasted the created lua file, from cluster 1(e.g) to my dedicated server folder and it loaded everything nice. 

• Like 1

Hello.

I wanted to start a dedicated server in DST but i was thinking of using a completely separate windows 7 computer for this. I would be playing in another computer and the server computer would just host the world. I wanted to know if this was possible. If it is, would i need to own to steam accounts and two Dst games or just one? i would also like to know how to put mods in it. Thanks

• Like 1

Hello, @Leanerplane:bee: You don't need two accounts, dedicated server can work self-sufficiently. You can PM me on Steam for i could answer more of your questions or just follow this guide to put server mods in dedicated server.

It's the method of automatically generate modoverrides.lua which contains all mods you include and leveldataoverride.lua which contains all presets of the world, it can be also helpful if you want to change some default world presets.

I purchased 2 dedicated servers for don't starve together (because I was told I would need 2 servers) through nitrado. This is a external hosted set of servers, not in my home.  I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to activate the caves. :/ Can someone please give me some advice. I've done all the things, but am afraid because nitrado doesn't have a documents folder that this isn't going to work. 

Edited by exotickitten

Hi guys, I've ran my own dedicated for a while.

For some reason I'm getting a weird issue when trying to launch now, something about a caves prefab failing?

I reset all my stuff to vanilla and it still happens

Am I the only one encountering this?

-Update: Turns out steam decided to not recognize Dont Start Together Dedicated Server from its tools list.

-It was still installed but steam just didn't recognize, a re-install fixed it,

Edited by novanox

console_enabled = false

If I leave this to true will everyone be able to use commands? I recently tried it and I could give myself items, etc (after hosting it with a steamCMD and joining the server.

Hi @dev4mc!

No, console_enabled only gives privileges to admins. If you are not an admin, or if you are but you are using local commands, i.e. not "remote", console commands will still work, but to a limited degree. For example, you can "spawn in" objects, which won't be networked, so only you will see them and you won't be able to use them, as the server won't recognise them.

1. how can I disable disease from caves and master? 

2. how can I change bosses to lots

3. how can I add admins to my dedi server (enable console, etc)

4. my ping is showing ???. How can I get it to work properly? I did open ports 10889, 10999, 1100 in my router in both my router and my firewall. I've tried all day long and I haven't found a real solution. My ping in game is 10 in average (confirmed by the game by pressing backspace).

Untitled.thumb.png.121eab9a64177daaabd5297948173187.png

59af9bbe6a041_Screenshot(185).thumb.png.7bb1479bdb06eee4faa9b5b65ed6cce4.png

Edited by FreyaMaluk

Hello, I'm new to all this server thing. I have never had one before so i have no old files like most of you in here. I fallowed the steps and i got a vanilla server up and running in no time, but now i want to add the mods and I'm so lost. no one has posted anything about a clean install and mods. Folder.png?dl=0This is how my dedi folder looks like