Game Sprite Artist Wanted

MenaAthena

My older brother is working on a 2D shooter based on a SciFi universe created by RvBoMally (don't worry, he's gotten permission from the creator). Problem is, he's not the most artistically inclined, so he's looking for an artist to create the game sprites. I'll have him contact you with more information if you're interested.

Hello, I am the older brother she speaks of, I need four character sprites in total. The following is the author's own aesthetic guide for the needed characters.

Alliance Marines - Very heavy, bulky armor, with a few WWII-era German influences. Think Gears of War, or Starcraft's Marines, though more like the former. Marines notably have a translucent red visor over their eyes with lots of information coming through on them. Their helmets look like WWII-era German helmets, complete with unit insignia on the side. Their armor plates is painted a dull olive, with gray parts beneath. Their weapons look like oversized, boxy modern weapons.

Immortals - Heavily armored, but this armor is not bulky like the Marines' are. Think Helghast crossed with Spartans. They definitely have an intimidating gas mask look, akin to the Death Korps of Krieg from Warhammer 40K. Here's an article I wrote of them: rvbomally.deviantart.com/art/T…

Avelovan Riflemen: Resemble heavily-armored WWI-era British troops. However, this armor is steel-looking plating over khaki cloth. Their helmets resemble pith helmets and WWI British helmets, depending on the soldier. They wear gas masks, with lots of tubes going into a backpack unit. Officers have red uniforms, and their armor has brass trim and other fancy decorations on them.

Avelovan Supersoldiers - Full power armor, resembling 19th century diving suits (or Bioshock's Big Daddy). Place gears, dials, and other stuff in areas of the suit where it may make sense.

And here's a guide for basic weapons for the two factions.

Alliance weapons are huge, boxy guns. Think the weapons from StarCraft or Gears of War. I suppose the basic "rifle" would be akin to the Assault Rifle from the first Halo game (not the subsequent games) in function.

Avelovan basic weapons are very powerful "bolt action" plasma weapons. Think the Lee-Enfield, but steampunky and shooting globs of orange plasma.

The game itself will be very simple, the player will be an Immortal (the Alliance supersoldier). He will fight a number of Riflemen, and then fight the Avelovan supersoldier as a boss battle. I will then make a version where the player is an Avlovan supersoldier fighting the Alliance.

If you haven't already seen it, here's a link to the setting the game  will be set in. http://rvbomally.deviantart.com/gallery/51452288/Space-Cadet

Archived