Trade Inn Incoming

Can we talk about drop system for a moment?

I believe that are people who are in love with DST and they only play DST all time.

However I don't have possibility to play too long ( I want to do different things too or I don't have too much of the free time) about 30 minutes to 2 hours (rarely) per day.

What I mean is, can we change "random"  drops?

Giving people "cooldown" after receving gift and then let them drop another one.

I often get two or one gift per week, even if I play through whole week.

Let me explain what i meant:

You play for an 45 minutes (for example), you get your gift and then you get cooldown, let's say an hour. After cooldown you are qualificated for next drop and after another drop you get cooldown again and the process repeats itself until you reach drop limit.

What do you guys think about it?

Well, i still think people are scandalizing too much about the 9:1 ratio. As far I can tell devs are paying alot of attention to Dinstiguinshed ~ Elegant trades and, by that, it is easy to see why the 9:1 ratio is "fair". Think about it, people are offering over than 10 keys on elegants, the demand for elegants is HIGH but the offer real low, reducing the ratio knowing that they will increase the drop cap over the updates is insane if you think about it putting yourself on the perspective of someone that actually paid that much for an Elegant. They are just stabilizing its rareness. Even though we get those items "for free" that doesn't mean that we should get it easily.

By the way, what some people have against someone proffiting over the skins? Is it that wrong to provide someone something they want by a price that they are actually willing to pay? Isn't like klei is forcing you to pay it to have the skin, right? I retreat everything that I said here if it wasn't klei's target to make some skins rarer than others with that random drop system. Posts like " How Skins Could've Been "Innocent" " really disgusts me.

They are worth for a reason, please, don't take it away.

Sorry for the ****** grammar, english isn't my main language ~

4 minutes ago, KanashiMachine said:

Well, i still think people are scandalizing too much about the 9:1 ratio. As far I can tell devs are paying alot of attention to Dinstiguinshed ~ Elegant trades and, by that, it is easy to see why the 9:1 ratio is "fair". Think about it, people are offering over than 10 keys on elegants, the demand for elegants is HIGH but the offer real low, reducing the ratio knowing that they will increase the drop cap over the updates is insane if you think about it putting yourself on the perspective of someone that actually paid that much for an Elegant. They are just stabilizing its rareness. Even though we get those items "for free" that doesn't mean that we should get it easily.

By the way, what some people have against someone proffiting over the skins? Is it that wrong to provide someone something they want by a price that they are actually willing to pay? Isn't like klei is forcing you to pay it to have the skin, right? I retreat everything that I said here if it wasn't klei's target to make some skins rarer than others with that random drop system. Posts like " How Skins Could've Been "Innocent" " really disgusts me.

They are worth for a reason, please, don't take it away.

Sorry for the shitty grammar, english isn't my main language ~

You sir are foul... You wan't people to waste money? You wan't ******** trades?! Someone blew 50 american dollars on a Wigfrid GoH! Think that's FAIR?! Your comment disgusts me.

Just now, Mikeadatrix said:

You sir are foul... You wan't people to waste money? You wan't ******** trades?! Someone blew 50 american dollars on a Wigfrid GoH! Think that's FAIR?! Your comment disgusts me.

I don't remember seeing me insulting anyone so, if possible, keep your swearing and cursing for yourself. 

What do you have to do with their lives? What your opinion has to do with someone's will ? They paid because they can and because they WANTED to. It is not a matter of fairness, it is a matter of convenience. Your arguments seems more like envy than anything else. I know you are better than this. Please, grow up.

Just now, KanashiMachine said:

I don't remember seeing me insulting anyone so, if possible, keep your swearing and cursing for yourself. 

What do you have to do with their lives? What your opinion has to do with someone's will ? They paid because they can and because they WANTED to. It is not a matter of fairness, it is a matter of convenience. Your arguments seems more like envy than anything else. I know you are better than this. Please, grow up.

Listen bud. When you say my post disgusts you that's not creative criticism. That's a jerk move. I hate when people think they're better than everyone else because they have money and can afford overpriced trades. What you OBVIOUSLY ignored is that the Klei team is adding a update to please all the people in my post. Except you. The ONLY person who wants overpriced trades and no way to have equal access to skins. I think instead of telling me to grow up, you need to learn to be more considerate to those who just want to make their Wilson look a little different. You seem to be causing more issues than needed.

Isn't like i affirmed that i want overpriced items, you are fighting over pointless things. Pure envy. There is no privillege around here, everyone has the same chance of getting a X Item so saying that people doesn't have "equal access to skins" is at least dishonest. You don't have to buy something on don't starve together to have access to it, you could just drop it like the guy who's trying to sell it ^^

5 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Listen bud. When you say my post disgusts you that's not creative criticism. That's a jerk move. I hate when people think they're better than everyone else because they have money and can afford overpriced trades. What you OBVIOUSLY ignored is that the Klei team is adding a update to please all the people in my post. Except you. The ONLY person who wants overpriced trades and no way to have equal access to skins. I think instead of telling me to grow up, you need to learn to be more considerate to those who just want to make their Wilson look a little different. You seem to be causing more issues than needed.

It is funny to see how you brought many disposables arguments... Am I seeing some deceits?

1 minute ago, KanashiMachine said:

Isn't like i affirmed that i want overpriced items, you are fighting over pointless things. Pure envy. There is no privillege around here, everyone has the same chance of getting a X Item so saying that people doesn't have "equal access to skins" is at least dishonest. You don't have to buy something on don't starve together to have access to it, you could just drop it like the guy who's trying to sell it ^^

Mmmm. I love how your trying to bring my Envy into this. What envy? Is envy when I make a post about I wanting Skins to be more easily accessible to everyone so I can stop dumb overpriced trades? Tell me. Is that Envy or is that looking out for the community?

c'mon guys. This is a Dev thread. They are watching. At least pretend to be civil.

12 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Someone blew 50 american dollars on a Wigfrid GoH! Think that's FAIR?!

yes. Supply and Demand, free market and all. I think this qualifies as a commodity or something like that. Vague echonomy terms and all that stuff. Makes me sound really smart.  Captalism. Carl Marx.

Just now, Mikeadatrix said:

Mmmm. I love how your trying to bring my Envy into this. What envy? Is envy when I make a post about I wanting Skins to be more easily accessible to everyone so I can stop dumb overpriced trades? Tell me. Is that Envy or is that looking out for the community?

The best part is... You seem to have no common kindness to realize that I'm not the bad guy. 

Just now, RalphKastro said:

c'mon guys. This is a Dev thread. They are watching. At least pretend to be civil.

yes. Supply and Demand, free market and all. I think this qualifies as a commodity or something like that. Vague echonomy terms and all that stuff. Makes me sound really smart.  Captalism. Carl Marx.

Your right. Chivalry is a trait that is quite needed here. Especially with people who wan't a problem....

Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

Hey guys, let's jump down a notch and refrain from making personal insults, alright?

Let's keep this discussion friendly and open-minded.

Yes. Agreed....

1 minute ago, KanashiMachine said:

Well, you don't need to be any expert to actually see who's looking for trouble here... 

Keep up with the great work, Devs. ^^ You guys are doing an awesome work with DST

Sigh. I quit. There's no arguing with someone who can't even take responsibility for their actions.

43 minutes ago, JoeW said:

As noted above, please keep posts on topic and without personal attack or insult. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/guidelines/

If you find that your post is more about another person and less about the original topic, the post is no longer constructive or helpful to the conversation. 

Thanks. 

I understand Joe. But you do see he insulted my topic which was for a good and innocent purpose? I can take "I found your topic invalid due to -reason 1 and reason 2,etc.-. He said it was disgusting. I knew my anger got the best of me, but he treated me like a child. How does one say a topic meant for benefitting most of the community is disgusting???

1 minute ago, Mikeadatrix said:

I understand Joe. But you do see he insulted my topic which was for a good and innocent purpose? I can take "I found your topic invalid due to -reason 1 and reason 2,etc.-. He said it was disgusting. I knew my anger got the best of me, but he treated me like a child.

I know you're proud that you're the OP of that other thread, and that's awesome that you're contributing valuable topics and posts to the discussion, but 99% of people don't know or care who starts a 10+ page thread. They're just interested in the arguments, and that's all @KanashiMachine was talking about. It had nothing to do with you personally. 

Just now, Arcita said:

I know you're proud that you're the OP of that other thread, and that's awesome that you're contributing valuable topics and posts to the discussion, but 99% of people don't know or care who starts a 10+ page thread. They're just interested in the arguments, and that's all @KanashiMachine was talking about. It had nothing to do with you personally. 

Oh. Okay. Thanks for being civil. I really appreciate it. :wilsconnivingsmile:

1 hour ago, Mikeadatrix said:

For starters, they are clearly not the only person who feels that the Marketplace is a good idea and its benefits outweigh the perceived detriments.  Your other thread pretty much proves that, if you don't ignore every person who agrees that free trade is NOT an unfair system.

I also agree w/ @KanashiMachine; people pay what they feel an item is worth, no more, but sometimes less.  We've been over this more than once, though.

But what I really want to say is that you should step back and try to look at the situation more objectively instead of taking everything that everyone writes so personally and becoming upset about their opinions simply because they differ from yours.  You're entitled to your own thoughts, just as we are entitled to ours.

This isn't about "thinking we are better than you", it's about moving to a more transparent system that lists past trade prices so that less people get swindled in the long run, and also about moving away from very obscure currencies that have nothing to do w/ Don't Starve or Klei in general in favor of something a lot more universal; ie: money.

I'm sorry that you don't personally have a lot of money.  Nobody is aiming this at you, personally.  It is not some great ploy to do everything we can to make @Mikeadatrix suffer as much as we can.  It's a step toward a system that is fair for MORE people overall, because the current system is very limiting and has a lot of potential for abuse by those who take advantage of players who aren't versed in the extremely obtuse current "prices".

And to think...this is all because of bloody clothes :'D

I love how people are literally starting this argument because of the word 'disgust', and because of skins.

Isn't it neat, when players decides to throw the entire gameplay out of the window to complain about things like this? :'D

Sure skins are cool but as far as I remember, this is supposed to be DST, not TF2

But oh well, what can I do. Welp, people are that desperate.

14 minutes ago, halfrose said:

And to think...this is all because of bloody clothes :'D

I love how people are literally starting this argument because of the word 'disgust', and because of skins.

Isn't it neat, when players decides to throw the entire gameplay out of the window to complain about things like this? :'D

Sure skins are cool but as far as I remember, this is supposed to be DST, not TF2

But oh well, what can I do. Welp, people are that desperate.

Well, the thread is about skins.  It stand to reason that the discussion inside would be about skins.  <.<

Just now, leonseye said:

Well, the thread is about skins.  It stand to reason that the discussion inside would be about skins.  <.<

Yet they are arguing about how hurt someone got because of their thread, which is quite silly <"D

Irony is me and Rose are friends on Steam...

1 hour ago, leonseye said:

For starters, they are clearly not the only person who feels that the Marketplace is a good idea and its benefits outweigh the perceived detriments.  Your other thread pretty much proves that, if you don't ignore every person who agrees that free trade is NOT an unfair system.

I also agree w/ @KanashiMachine; people pay what they feel an item is worth, no more, but sometimes less.  We've been over this more than once, though.

But what I really want to say is that you should step back and try to look at the situation more objectively instead of taking everything that everyone writes so personally and becoming upset about their opinions simply because they differ from yours.  You're entitled to your own thoughts, just as we are entitled to ours.

This isn't about "thinking we are better than you", it's about moving to a more transparent system that lists past trade prices so that less people get swindled in the long run, and also about moving away from very obscure currencies that have nothing to do w/ Don't Starve or Klei in general in favor of something a lot more universal; ie: money.

I'm sorry that you don't personally have a lot of money.  Nobody is aiming this at you, personally.  It is not some great ploy to do everything we can to make @Mikeadatrix suffer as much as we can.  It's a step toward a system that is fair for MORE people overall, because the current system is very limiting and has a lot of potential for abuse by those who take advantage of players who aren't versed in the extremely obtuse current "prices".

I agree. I wanted an equal system. But for some reason I missed a group of people that liked the way the old state of the game was. Rip.

Archived