Sign in to follow this  
Kzisor

[TUTORIAL] Character Transformation

Mobbstar    14108
6 hours ago, Aquaterion said:

Unless there is a better way that slipped from my mind, if so let me know. Thanks.

Maybe you could add one listener to every player and check if the instance holds said item?

Aquaterion    821
1 minute ago, Mobbstar said:

Maybe you could add one listener to every player and check if the instance holds said item?

yeah I did do that at first, but recording every players key presses seemed inefficient, but if it cant be helped, it can be used.

CarlZalph    4913
On 5/11/2016 at 4:15 AM, KyoruKyoruMii said:

Is it possible to use this keyhandler for a timed stealth mode with cooldown?

Basically, all monsters (even bosses), pigs/bunnies/merms/etc and animals will ignore the stealthing character no matter what they/he/she/it does. (including attacking the enemy. Any aggro character already has on before stealth is nullified on activation.) Said character's still vulnerable to attacks while stealthed, though.

A simple way to do something like this is to give the player the tag "debugnoattack".

Do note that with AI logic happening in delays over time that the monsters that were chasing will still chase and attack until they get an AI update.

Aquaterion    821

While this is not really related to transformation, and more to the keyhandler, I thought I'd ask here.

How would I go about checking where the user's mouse is or what prefab is under their mouse when they press a certain key?

Mobbstar    14108
6 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

While this is not really related to transformation, and more to the keyhandler, I thought I'd ask here.

How would I go about checking where the user's mouse is or what prefab is under their mouse when they press a certain key?

I had a similiar problem when making Elec-man's lightning strike ability. The best way to do this is through a "point" action.

. . .    4062

Does keyhandler allow for different commands on button press not just transformation? Like for example with the press of a button you can get inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(1) does it work that way too :)?

Mobbstar    14108
4 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Does keyhandler allow for different commands on button press not just transformation? Like for example with the press of a button you can get inst.components.sanity:DoDelta(1) does it work that way too :)?

Yes, it does allow for that. The mod "elec-man" toggles a light using the hotkey.