Sign in to follow this  
MrImpossible

KRAAAAAMMMPUSSSSS....Question.

BarovSoap    878

It goes up actually and each of the innocent creatures have a naughtiness rating that adds when you kill them. He spawns just off screen in any direction, not in a specific area. He is as fast as a gobbler and will run towards your chests and any items on the ground.

eddie10089    18

When my naughtiness levels drops down to zero, does the Krampus spawn next to me or does he spawn next to my chests?

it could spawn anywhere when you have the maximum amount of naughtiness. I think.

BarovSoap    878

it could spawn anywhere when you have the maximum amount of naughtiness. I think.

It depends on the animals you kill. I think it goes birds, butterflies, bees, and bunnies are 1-2, pigmen, beefalo, and tallbird(maybe?) are 3-4, smallbird is 5-6. Once the naughty reaches around 15 he will hiss as a warning and once it is about 20 he should spawn.

*None of these numbers are exact, just going by what I've noticed in game plus some from the wiki

Krampus doesn't spawn when you have zero naughtiness.

Well, he sorta does. When you hit the naughtiness limit, your naughtiness drops to zero. You can tell because the hiss sound stops coming (until you bring your naughtiness back up.) If you're trying to summon him, you kill stuff and listen to the hiss. It gets louder, and louder, and louder. When it goes silent, you know you've summoned him and you can stop killing things (so that there are more things to kill later, when you're ready to summon him again, of course.) He doesn't show up right away. I'm not sure what triggers the actual spawn, but it seems like it can be at least an 'hour' after the hissing stopped. Someone said he appears when you move within range of something on the ground for him to pick up, and he spawns off-screen. It seems like he might prefer to appear at dusk, but that's probably just a coincidence. Has anyone gone on such a killing spree as to get the sound to fall silent a second time before the Krampus appears? If so, do you get a double-sized Krampus invasion?

Yes, but if you summon twice, do you get twice the allotment for the day? I'm on day 300-something, and I haven't summoned any Krampuse (?) yet... But I'm thinking about it. I wonder how many I'll get... And if I go completely murder-crazy, and summon twice, will I get twice as many?

BarovSoap    878

Yes, but if you summon twice, do you get twice the allotment for the day? I'm on day 300-something, and I haven't summoned any Krampuse (?) yet... But I'm thinking about it. I wonder how many I'll get... And if I go completely murder-crazy, and summon twice, will I get twice as many?

I think it only spawns 2 or 3 at most but I'm not sure. Also I think it always starts out with just one until you do it again. It would be fun to find out though.

*Krampus ;D

*Krampii plural