Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Silven looked over himself. "Yes, yes, everything seems to be functional. A small jolt in the system but it's clearing up. Though it is a wonder such a small devise you effect the entire environment," 

3 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

(There are no limpet rocks, I posted the map on the discord. There are, however, fishes and algae around the island (which I didn't draw on the map))

(Edited)

A fish was thrown out of the water by Otto's nose as if he was a seal. He jumped out and over to the fish, trying to hold it down as it flopped around wildly. Otto looked around for a source to cook it with. Since their ship was destroyed, Otto doubts there'd be any way to make a camp fire.

Then he eyed a rock mount that had orange spots on it. It was pretty close by and he could feel heat coming off it. He walked over, holding the fish in his arms to prevent it from escaping, and kicked at the rock mound. All the rocked eventually toppled over to reveal a small crack. "Huh... disappointing" Otto dropped the fish on the hole and looked around a bit more.

Suddenly, lava shot out of the crack. Otto jumped back in surprise but he was no longer disappointed. Eventually, the lava receded and his fish landed next to him, completely cooked. "Oh! How convenient!" He picked up the cooked fish and started munching on it.

Spoiler

island.png

Map of the tiny island. Object icons are not in proportion to their sizes. every centimeter is approssimately 5 meters)

Jaw smiles happily at the crew, before remembering about the bleeding Trevor.

"HOW HELP PUT LEG BACK IN FISHER MAN????" he shouts

His voice has also been louder than ever with the fact that he's now huge

• Like 2

Nadas let the two talk on their own for the moment, since she still needed to offer aid to some others. She approached the second of the three large sea creatures, the one called Meritursas. "Excuse me, great one. Are you feeling alright? Would you please take the other two fainted humans off Jaw's back? I'm... Too tired to carry them." she also didn't want to admit her leg hurt incredibly, and it was visibly bleeding, apparently the wound had opened yet again after that incident. Luckily her bandage helped maintain most of the hemorrhage.

She wanted to climb up Jaw and stand before the dragoness, but she didn't. She's seen the ring object work: it both healed and had some fire properties, maybe she could use it as well to help the others? The ring thing was being worn by the dragoness now, though, and she didn't want to disturb the slumbering one.

She would wait until Meritursas replied and then asked. "Are there any other wounded ones I'm not aware of?" right before the booming voice of Jaw almost brought her down to her knees, covering her ears with both hands, and hissing.

Edited by Ysulyan

Gyx decided to collect some rocks for... 

"Rghk thghngs," he assured any onlookers. Crab sat on his head.

Gyx then walked out of view of the rest of the group, where a single bird sat pecking for crabs on the beach. Gyx raised a rock, and hurled it at the bird. It squawked loudly as the rock collided into it's body, knocking it unconscious. Gyx walked over and collected it's bright purple plumage, which he handed to Crab, who held the feathers with a determined look. Gyx then pulled out his Sickle, and held it against the unconscious bird's throat...

Kate's arm eventually found itself a fancy snanzy all new wet sobbing mess, accidentally bopping it on the head. It snapped Noctimus out of his tear filled trance for a bit, as it caught him a bit off guard, but it did remind him about Kate. He stopped crying for a moment to shuffle over to her.

Gyx sliced the bird's throat open, causing it to shriek for a brief second. Hopefully nobody heard that.

He then poured the bird's throat into the sand, forming some sort of ritualistic circle. He put each of it's feathers burrowed into the sand at each of it's six points, representing the beak, wings, feet, and tail of a bird. He then searched for a brief moment, and picked up a piece of wood, two flints, and then spend thirty minutes picking the beach for worms and small bugs, including crabs. Once he collected a large number of worms, and eight crabs. He pounded the worms into a sticky mush, which he dunked the piece of wood into. He then put the carefully bound crabs in the center of his circle. Then, he pounded the two flints together on the piece of wood, lighting the jelly-like wax from the dead worms. He lit each of the six feathers on fire, and then the pile of crabs. Crab simply watched them struggle, with black soul-less eyes. Gyx then carefully placed the torch in the pile of crabs, and then stood in front of the circle, fell onto his knees, placing his hands over his mouth, and letting out a powerful bird's whistle.

There had to be a better time to learn more summonings, but hopefully the others would know better than to interrupt his ceremony.

Kate knelt down carefully and scooped the sniffling into her arms, holding him gently. She thought she faintly remembered him calling Wiffleball "mama" once or twice; he'd help calm the Nocty down. "Wiffleball? Where's Wiffleball?" she called out, looking around despite the fact she couldn't see anything.

Suddenly, Gyx's prayer was answered.

Althought it at first seemed like a shooting star, once it descended straight down and curved towards the small island the group stood on, it was apparent it was something different. Thousands of fish were sucked from the water and into the light as it approached. As it closed in on the island, it flew straight up, and exploded into fragments of light, that quickly reformed into a giant Seagull, that stood across from Gyx at his sacrificial circle. 

GYYYYYTHDPN. WHYYYSTHOW. SUUUMOME.

The Giant Seagull's voice boomed like thousands of squawking gulls, in a perfect concordance that made a powerful shriek.

Gyx raised his head, and still held his hands open. "Ygh bghsych ygh frgh fghvr, grght Gulligus! Ygh ghfr ygh thghs hghmblgh ghfrghng!" He gestured to the sacrifice in front of him. Gulligus leaned in and examined the flaming crabs closely, before opening it's mouth and sucking it in, quickly gulping it down.

THIIIIIPLESME. STAAATYOURDES. IIIISHALLGRANT.

"Ygh wghs frgh mrgh srghvnts, ghn yr gh nghm, grght Gulligus!"

YOOOOOONEMORE? THIIIIIINGZATKILL?

"Sghdly, thgh dghd fghtng gh Pyghrghsghm."

Gulligus shrieked at this, and hundreds of Seagulls flew in the distance. 

PYYYYYOSOME?! TEEEERBLEBEAST!

Yhh knghw, grght Gulligus!" Gyx bowed his head. 

VEEEERYWELL. IIIIISHA--

Gulligus sniffed the air for a moment. Thanks to it's massive size, it could see Noctimus, being cradled by Kate. It craned its neck over, and cwacked

YOOOUWANGIFTTOO? GIIIIIVESMALLFOOD.

The already on-edge Meri is sent into complete panic attack mode as the gigantic seagull monstrosity appears over the island, looming over the weakened group.  As the beast leans down to the smaller child person - undoubtedly to devour the helpless human - he flops and flails across the beach to block its path.  He frills up his tendrils like a cat trying to look bigger and hisses angrily.

• Like 3

Kate just stuttered and held Noctimus closer as the powerful shrieking seemed to become directed at her. She couldn't really understand what it was saying with so many voices at once all jammed together. It seemed to get... Meri? angry. She stifled the flames that were threatening to ignite again.

(I HAVE RETURNED MY CHILDREN)

"Mgh lghrd! Sgh ghs nght prght ghf thghs bghrghn!" Gyx hardly took two steps before Gulligus squawked right in his face. Gyx fell and crawled back. Gulligus turned its attention to Kate once more. It simply grabbed Meri with one talon, picked it up off the ground with disproportionate strength. 

Gulligus then realized only Gyx could fluently understand its tongue, and spoke in english.

"GIVE ME YOUR SNACK. REFUSE, AND I SHALL DEVOUR THIS SEA-DEMON IN ITS STEAD."

"Thght wghsnt prght ghf thgh dghl! Ygh rgh BGHND frghm sghch bghhvrgh!" Gyx mustered up the pitiful stupidity he called his courage, and climbed Meri's back to face his master. 

"NO. THE TRADE WAS OFFERED FOOD FOR POWER. THIS BEAST WAS OFFERED BY NOBODY, AND I WOULD BE DENYING MY DUTY AS AN AVIAN LORD TO LET IT LIVE. SO, CHILD. IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR SNACK, I SHALL LET THE BEAST LIVE, AND GRANT YOU POWER. REFUSE, AND I SHALL KILL IT."

Gulligus's claws tightened on Meri, as if to make a point.