Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(JUST SO YOU KNOW I GOT PERMISSION AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO BE OP FROM BATTAL + ZEK SO ASJHFGYEGKWHADEHV)

Nadas could see the wound on Dragon went pretty deep, but fortunately looked like it hadn't hit anything vital. The gash was also fairly thin, meaning she hadn't lost as much blood as she would have if it was gaping, but she still lost quite a bit during the time everyone was unconscious. Dragon didn't do much but whimper and flinch a little any time Nadas touched the injury. 

~~~~~~~

Kate had nearly tossed Noctimus and scrambled back away from him soon after lighting on fire to prevent him from being hurt. Her eyes darted frantically around resuming the search for Wiffleball. The ruckus caused by a tendril lifting something out of the wreckage caught her attention, and her eyes locked with the fuzzy blob of the plush's distinct orange. She could hear the monster hiss and chitter about food.

Kate's breathing started coming in heavy gasps. The fire flared exponentially brighter and larger, cloaking her entirely from the onlookers as it swelled. She pushed herself up on trembling legs and glared through the blaze at the creature who threatened her family.

"STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! PUT HIM DOWN!" She shrieked and a ball of white hot blaze went streaking like a meteor at the titanic creature. The flame replenished itself in seconds, fueled by her boiling over emotions, and she sent another fireball right after it.

• Like 2

It took quite some time before Otto reached the stomach of the creature. He landed right in a pool of digestive fluid. "Ugh, when they said "in the belly of the beast", I didn't think they meant literally" he got up and looked around. "... I lost my stick..." he said, disappointed.

Otto looked around, rummaging through endless piles of debris for something to aid his plan. "I hope this stupid monster is enjoying the discomfort of a stick stuck in it's tongue!" Otto said, annoyed "But I would have liked to keep that for a little long- AHAH!" Otto managed to find a broken spear, soaked with slimy sludge. "Yuck! Well, there's no time to be squeamish. Now time to take this thing down!"

Otto ran for the nearest stomach wall. He ran up a (conveniently placed) ramp-like shipwreck and went diving towards a wall, spear pointing forwards.

(I'll let Battal do the dice roll to determine whether Otto punctures the stomach or not)

Gyx touched his creation by the back of it's neck, and aimed it towards The Root. His creation screamed as it blasted fire from it's scorched palms towards the massive beast. Gyx on the other hand, dumped his entire remaining bag of feathers onto the ground, and began creating another summoning circle. Hopefully his creation could buy him some time.

The Root screams in agony as Kate's fire washes over it, steam rushing off its twisted form.  It recoils, flailing and shaking in pain.  It barely feels Otto's stab, though the stomach wall clenches up in response to the spear.  This smacks Otto back into the pile of corpses and acid.

Otto collects himself from the acid and corpses. "Don't think I'm gonna become part of your dead mans collection! I have standards"

Then Otto slugged over to the spear and yanked it out of the wall. No sight of blood. "Aw what?! Man, all that awesomeness for nothing. I could keep stabbing at it but I don't wanna look sadistic"

Otto looked around.

"Eh, who's looking?" Otto shrugged then started to stab and dig the spear in as deep as he could (which wasn't much deeper than the damage he had already done).

(I'm curious how Otto's gonna get out of the Root once we defeat him (if that's what we're actually trying to do :p ))

[How powerful is this stomach acid? It has to do something atleast. This guy only starves to death, and he's gotta decompose lots of food a day. This wimpy watery little stuff won't get the job done!]

Edited by Youknowwho

Nadas assessed the damage and applied pressure on the bleeding wound to stop the haemorrhage, using both hands.

Her eyes shifted to look at the barrage of fireballs hitting the hostile sea creature, and upon following the trail of fire, she noticed it was the little girl who was summoning them out of thin air. The gecko stared in amazement at this, unable to speak at the moment.

Gyx's Creation screamed louder as it intensified it's flame blast, before abruptly stopping. It vomitted up some of it's life essence and fell onto it's knees. Gyx cursed as he continued drawing the spell circle, which was now almost as large as the old ship. 

Steam rushed past Wiffleball's face as fireballs were hurled at the Root from both Gyx's monster and from Kate, forcing him to duck under to avoid the intense heat. Despite the intense pain the Root was undoubtedly suffering, it still held him and the Thing tightly, though its grip felt a little looser than usual. As he tried to relax for a second, though, a dreadful thought crossed Wiffleball's mind - how long would the flames be able to keep it occupied? Not for long, he guessed. His friends wouldn't stand a chance against something this big if it decided to attack.

As he glanced over at the potato, though, an idea came to him. There was a way for him to buy them some extra time...but first, he'd have to get the Root's attention.

Quickly, Wiffleball stuffed his sewing kit back into its pouch - he'd have to be fast for this to work. Then, carefully, he began to maneuver himself so that his back was braced against the side of the Root's tendril. From there, he readied himself to act. He had one shot at this.

One, two, three!

On three, a full set of shadow tentacles burst from his back, brute-forcing the Root's grip apart and dropping both him and the potato down towards the ocean below. Thinking quickly, he latched onto the Thing in midair, and he squeezed his eyes shut in anticipation of the landing. Hopefully, the tursai would only focus on him now - and not on Kate.

He hit the water with a splash, and he vanished under the surface a second later.

• Like 2

Ding! Turkey's Done!

Gyx finished his ritual, and belllowed

"Things-that-kill, I beckon thee!"

The spell circle had crackled with red lightning. The lightning struck and danced along every single feather, with vibrated violently as they transformed into hearts, that slowly began building bodies around themselves, much like the giant owl made to protect crab friccin forever ago when they were inside of the giant pelican, yet now there were dozens of things like it, all slowly forming in preparation to meet their adversary. 

Silven was ejected from the room, perhaps he caused the objects to randomly tumble down from their place? Once out he looked around and saw the others either seemingly greeting this new creature or watching it. That was until the Markless even more giant Tursai fell to the terrain they were on. Silven got covered in the Glowy Water, seemingly to be with him forever at this point, but that didn’t matter. What did was the the Markless even more giant Tursai seemed to be doing something. He walked over to the closet part “Markless even more giant Tursai, I regret to inform you I may have been the cause of the object tumbling down from their original point. I will however fix this,” he then hugged the Markless even more giant Tursai as well as he could.

• Like 1

The things Gyx summoned were finished constructing themselves. The finished product was almost two hundred of naked, extremely malnourished hairless birdmen with glowing blue eyes that twitched and spasmed randomly. Almost a quarter of them started dismembering other members and gruesomely tearing out their bones, which they used their beaks and claws to quickly chisel into a large arsenal of Bone weaponry; All sorts of swords, axes, and spears, caked with blood. Gyx pointed his finger towards the massive Pyrosome, and shouted:

"Things that kill, your quarry!"

All at once, they leapt like frogs onto The Root, and all immediately started stabbing, tearing, and slashing at it. They stabbed their black claws into the beast's side, making it nearly impossible for the massive beast to simply shake them off. 

Edited by wxps350

goodbye wiffle.gif

The Root's eyes burn with rage and hatred, glowing a vibrant white as the sun on its head crackles with violent red lightning.  Despite the gruesome burn wounds and lacerations on its body, it seems unharmed. 

"Tttthhe ssssun protectssss ussss."  It says with a hissing laugh.  "Your pattthetic flailing cannottt hurt me."   

It seems to savor the attacks of Gyx's slaves with sick pleasure, before frying them with another beam of fiery light, searing its own flesh in the process.  The monstrosity then lowers its head to Kate, seemingly interested in her fiery powers.

"Do you have a riiing too?"  It hisses.  "I wanttttt itttt.  Give it to usssss."

• Like 3

Lil' Noctibean leapt back into Normal Noctimus and he cried out into the air.

"mmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

• Like 1