Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(Tries to write post, clicks out, and accidentally posts the half-finished version due to a misclick. Hides the post in embarrassment, and subsequently loses the entire thing due to not copy-pasting the content.)

(GG, no re.)

(I'll post something tomorrow. Too tired tonight.)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, WaddleDee said:

(Tries to write post, clicks out, and accidentally posts the half-finished version due to a misclick. Hides the post in embarrassment, and subsequently loses the entire thing due to not copy-pasting the content.)

(Better than that time I miss clicked and posted "aaaaaaaaaa" and nothing else)

• Like 5

On 12/13/2016 at 9:57 AM, DwerBomb said:

Jaw looks at Famen

"THAT FIX THE BLOOD??"

"Not exactly, it should slow down the bleeding at least though." Famen said, still wrapping Trevor's wounds, despite the boat being tilted to almost 90 degrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angelle got off of the tiny boat and started sniffing around the shore.

Cinis also washed up on the shore, steam coming off him because of the water- the tip of his tail had also solidified. "Gah..." he felt slow and sluggish, but got up nonetheless. All of a sudden, he started throwing up loudly, almost like a cat would... and barfed up large rock. Looks like he had accidently swallowed some water. 

Nadas groaned as she pulled herself off of the sand, spitting some off her muzzle and then turning around to lay on her back, panting as she observed the destruction before her, leaning on an arm. She noticed the little girl and the shaman-looking person were okay but where were Otto and the dragon lady? And also, what happened to that sentient Sharx? But most importantly, were they truly safe in that place, being watched by a gigantic, glowing sea creature?

(Dragon lady?)

Otto saw Cinis wash up on shore. The lava and fire on his body had been extinguished, now looking like rocks. Speaking of rocks, he just managed to cough one up. Was this a good time to offer him his hat? It would probably cheer him up atleast.

Otto walked over. "Hey, uh... fire... dragon? I got you your hat" he pulled out the lucky hat he found (and completely dry now apparently).

lucky hat.png

"I found this while the ship was getting torn apart. Oddly enough, I forgot what it was I was after" Otto scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Though, if you're busy trying to reignite your wings, I could hold onto it"

On 23/12/2016 at 2:09 PM, DragonMage156 said:

(Dragon lady?)

Otto saw Cinis wash up on shore. The lava and fire on his body had been extinguished, now looking like rocks. Speaking of rocks, he just managed to cough one up. Was this a good time to offer him his hat? It would probably cheer him up atleast.

Otto walked over. "Hey, uh... fire... dragon? I got you your hat" he pulled out the lucky hat he found (and completely dry now apparently).

lucky hat.png

"I found this while the ship was getting torn apart. Oddly enough, I forgot what it was I was after" Otto scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Though, if you're busy trying to reignite your wings, I could hold onto it"

(@RyanandLink?)

(Ok I just wanna say interactions with an anthro otter cannot simply be dismissed in one post... unless you kill him or tell him to piss off... please don't anyone do that :/ )

Niella slithers and stretches until she reaches the pool in the middle of the ring.  She tentatively reaches out into the water, splashing at it with her hand.  "Hello?  Mister Root?  We're here to take your ring thing!"

"Helloooooo - "

Suddenly, the pool explodes in a burst of glowing, blue water.  The liquid seems to hang in midair for a moment, before smashing down onto the crew, washing them to the end of the island in a tsunami-like wave.  They are left there, dazed and bruised, as the Root rises out of the ocean.

the root.png

Niella quickly backs off as the creature, which was slightly larger than her head, stares her down.  After recovering from the initial surprise, she chuckles.  "There you are!  Now, can we have your head thing?"

The Root is dead silent.  Upon its head burns a miniature sun, crackles of lightning zapping out of its dark center.

Then, the sun starts to grow.  The electricity starts to intensify, the darkness starting to draw the light itself into the void.  Niella nervously slithered back again, looking scared for the first time.  "Uh, guys, maybe look ou - "

An explosive beam of fire rushes out of the sun, cleaving through Niella's side and separating almost her entire flank from her main body.  A mile-long wound, opened within a split second.  She manages a short, strangled scream, before falling limp and crashing into the rocky shore.

• Like 3

Otto didn't get hit by the flames due to his small size. When we recovered from the wave, he said "Oh that is it!" He grabbed Cinis's hat, and his own, and put it in his inventory. However, instead of charging in there like the mad fool he always was, he analyzed his options.

He could duck under the cover of the bushes and use the element of surprise... but that may be as pointless as charging in there and yelling like a viking.

Course there was one insane option he could try. With a monster this size, it seems impossible to defeat it... from the outside. It's insides are probably as squishy as everyone elses. He could probably go in an- owh wait a minute! This creature's anatomy isn't normal. It may be impossible just to find the right stomach... or heart... or any other vital organ.

Otto was snapped out of thought when Niella landed on the shore line. The shock knocked Otto on his knees. He looked up as the towering monster then over at the bleeding tursai. I have to do something, he thought.

(Seriously, what are the odds of this plan actually working? Can't Otto be a hero atleast once? Even if it means he has to die?)

On 12/13/2016 at 10:46 PM, WaddleDee said:

I'll post something tomorrow.

tomorrow

(today is the 14th, what are you talking about)

After the initial wave had crashed over the crew, a pile of wooden debris close to the boat was partially swept away. As the waters receded, a hole between one of the broken planks revealed a telltale waterlogged orange color, barely visible unless one was specifically looking for it. It wasn't moving, and seemed to be trapped under the stained hunks of broken wood.

• Like 2

In the moment they had to react before the water came crashing down, Kate curled around Noctimus, trying to shield him from the wave as best she could. She looked up at monstrosity even bigger than Niella that had risen up, and the red sun adorning it's head. Her face contorted in silent terror as she helplessly watched it released a beam of power that cleaved right through Niella's side. 

How? How were they going to beat- to survive this thing? There was no way. There was no way. They were going to- to-

Flame cocooned the despairing girl.