Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Nadas was confused at the sudden turn of events but she turns to look at Kate "You should stay inside unless things get ugly, okay? I don't want your blanket to get wet, so... Have it for a moment." she hands her the blanket along with Noccy, then runs outside to look at what was going on. She notices Otto swimming away and disappearing underwater among the floating corpses. She frowns and grimaces at the stench-- wait, was someone over board, about to drown?! She quickly darted towards Famen to help him pull the rope, assisting in this salvation.

(*Finger click* Oh, I got it!)

Otto resurfaced for a second to catch his brea- Wait, what was everything dark? He felt like he was stuck too as if in some sort of bubble.

"Aaaaa! Eeeerrrrrgggg!" To others, it sounded muffled.

Otto dived under again to see what exactly trapped him. Oh, he thought. He came back up next to the object. "Eureka! Another pirate hat!" Otto grabbed it and looked at it. "A fish and a bone... I can already tell this hat is lucky!"

He tried to swim away with it but it appeared to be stuck on something. "GAH! What is-?" It must have belonged to the skeleton who's hand is still clutched to the hat. "Errr... I'm just gonna..." he pried the fingers off "... take this. Not like it'd be of any use to a dead man... uh... s-sorry..."

He swam back to the ship. "Hey! Ni... Na... t-tursai person! Mind giving me a lift?"

(So that solves our hat problem. We still need poison glands but... they aren't that important :p )

Edited by DragonMage156

Niella's about to pick up Otto when he is suddenly dragged back underwater, something massive clamping painfully tight around his waist.  A vibrant glow makes it nigh-impossible to see, and his ears are bombarded by a plethora of shrieks and clicks.  A similar blue glow appears underneath Trevor, rapidly growing brighter as the pyrosome heads for the ship.

Otto is pulled under by a glowing thing like nothing he'd ever seen in his life. He lost grip of the hat he had for Cinis and was being dragged even further down. He held his breath but the tight clamp around his body almost pushed whatever air he had out of his body.

Otto tried to get the things off. Pushed, punched, stretched, anything. He looked up and could barely see any light from the surface.

Is this where it all ends? Otto may be delusional from the poison but it doesn't take a lot to realize when you're stuck in a hopeless situation.

Otto shut his eyes tight. But I promised mom...

If he wasn't underwater, you could probably notice a single tear escaping his eye.

Edited by DragonMage156
Yes I know. I aim for overly dramatic -_-

1 hour ago, wxps350 said:

Gyx drags the burnt corpse below deck. He had plenty in mind for what he could do with it.

(Idk whether to make a sick joke or not...)

7 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

"w-wha? oh, uh, right!"

Malii plunged her claw after Otto, wondering why he was diving out into the clearly dangerous area filled with death in the first place.

Otto continued to struggle, each minute getting weaker and weaker. He wasn't sure how much longer he could hold his breath.

Then he heard a plunging sound and looked up. It was Malii coming after him. He extended a hand.

As Trevor recovers, they seem to forget about the huge sea monster headed for the boat.  It bursts out of the water, rising over a hundred feet over the crew, water pouring off its glistening transparent skin.  It looks different from the other pyrosomes they've encountered so far; a pair of dark, compound eyes stare out of its face, and dozens of pairs of hooklike claws jut out from its chest, writhing and slashing at the air.  It shrieks in rage, slamming its claws down around Trevor and tilting the entire ship towards it.

eldersome.png

A similar creature is currently dragging Otto into the depths.  Malii can see Niella trying to fend off the pyrosomes, but there are far too many for her to handle them all.  The serpent seems pretty frustrated.

Edited by Battal
  • Like 8