Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Otto decided to continue lying where he landed. That was until it started to get dark and he was feeling hungry again (Great now I'm hungry irl. Thanks Battal)

Otto moved to a different part on deck and took out his last fish and munched on it.

(Otto is left with half a fish. Boy we should go fishing some time)

Weak as she was, Nadas frowned as the sun was setting, her body feeling cold all of a sudden.
She started to look around for some sort of shelter, but she was hungry as well. "Excuse me, little one..." she looked at Kate since she was the closest person to her at the moment, "Could I please have some of the fish over there? I don't know when was the last time I ate something..."

Kate nodded and quickly ran off, returning with a fish from the pile and presenting it to the new crew member. She had gotten real weak when she and Kade didn't have very much food for a long time, so maybe that'd why it seemed like the lizard lady didn't feel very good. Now that she thought about it though, she was getting hungry too. Lizard people may be able to eat their fish raw, but she couldn't.

As the sun sets, the crew begins to collectively feel less energetic. The horizon fades to black and a light blanket of stars distract weary eyes from the landmass coming up in the distance. Niella bumps into it while zoned out, and stops. The water reacts quite a bit, and Meri brings the ship to a halt, gazing over it in confusion. 

"Ow! How'd I miss this?"

Just then, half of the landmass shifted and rose into the air. Several sets of softly glowing pink eyes peered down on Meri and the ship. It was a terrifying monster! It had huge spiked fins and tusks, it looked like an elephant seal- it was as large as a hunter! 

It opened its maw, revealing... not much, actually. It yawned. 

"What's this doofer? You miffed about something mate?" It boomed. The tursai leaned in over the water, squinting. It didn't seem to notice Niella.

"You lot look like lunch."

• Like 3

"Huh?" Otto sat up from his daydream and saw the giant monster. He instinctively thought 'another challenge, let's take it!' but he was way too drained to do much. Still, he got up and ran up to the front of the ship. "And who are you?!" he shouted at it "I don't know about you but we are not food!"

Edited by DragonMage156

Luckily the giant beast almost completely ignored Malii, she doesn't mind it at all that the very scary seal elephant thing wasn't acknowledging her existence

---

Trevor looks to the sky, then back at the horrifying beast of the sea.

"Looks a lot like dinner to me, in technical terms"

Kate looked up at this new sea monster, completely unfazed by it. She waved.

~~~~

(I'm just gonna find the stupid sea weed already so we can end this sideplot.)

Soon after bumping into the "island", Dragon lands back on the ship with some sea weed between her beak. She sits in front of Nadas expectantly.

• Like 5

Wiffleball waved as well. They'd seen so many of these giant beasts so far, the fact that it hadn't immediately attacked them was probably reason enough to assume it was friendly!

And if not, well, it still wouldn't hurt to make a good first impression.

It craned its neck, looking at the sky. "So it is, then!" The tursai looked back down at the crew. 

It noticed the hand gestures. "You all seem to be feeling quite hunky-dory 'round something big as me. Well, I'm not actually hungry, so cheers to you, you... small, dodgy creatures!"

It lowered its head back down to look at them closely again.

"Melankolia Mäki, nice to meet you, little ones. But you all can just call me Mäki."

• Like 3

The creature seemed to have ignored Otto's "greeting" but after it said it wasn't hungry or planning to eat them, Otto relaxed a bit.

"That's a relief!" Otto said (or shouted out more likes so Maki can hear him), "I probably would have poisoned your blood stream or somethin!" then he saw Dragon return "speaking of which, I should probably go get that cleared up!" then Otto returned to Dragon and Nadas.

"So now what?" Otto asked.

Nadas warmly smiled at Kate and thanked he for the fish, she stared at it and then ate it fully with just a few bites, perhaps due to her hunger or maybe because that was just the way she ate things? At any rate, the gecko lady was relieved.

As the giant sea creature emerged and the ship came to a halt, she looked back and up, finally standing up, knees wobbly. She set her hands on the ship's railing and stared at it; the creature could also talk, much like the other three that accompanied them, luckily. She didn't say anything, except "That's a pretty name." with a faint chirp.

She was impressed at dragon's speed to find some seaweed. Nadas greeted this distant cousin and tapped her muzzle in thanks, accepting the seaweed. "Thank you," she glanced at the wing that was previously damaged, "Hmm... Seems like you got a wound over there, is it alright or...?" she knew the dragoness was flying and all but she needed to make sure.

Dragon stretched out her wing and looked back at it for a moment. Even though the tear had healed back together, it was still rather easy to tell where the injury had been as the new membrane was light pink and had yet to regrow the fine scales that covered the rest of her wing. She looked back at her kin and nodded.

~~~~~

"I'm Kate!" Kate shouted up at Maki.

Niella shakes her head, dazed.  She really had to stop bumping into islands...

Her head snaps to attention as she hears a quiet, unfamiliar voice with a British accent.  Her eyes widen; another Tursai?!?!?  But she was still full from that giant yellow one from earlier...oh, wait, apparently it was friendly.  Well that was convenient!

"Hello!"  She says, illuminating the new Tursai with her bioluminescent glow.

He squinted with glee down at the ship. "Hello, Kate!"

He considered what Otto said for a brief moment.

"Are you all poisonous, then? I'm not touching that, you can all consider yourselves safe. Last time I ate a bugger like that, I got left with a tummy ache. For about a minute. Not worth it, honestly."

As Niella beamed up towards him he moved backwards, and jumped at the sound of her voice. Was that enormous predator always there?

"And w-who might you be?" he asked the giant.

Wallan waited a long time to post jumped as he saw the new Tursai. At least they had that other giant Tursai to protect the- Oh. This one was nice as well. That's good. (Sorry for not posting in a while. Not that I'm a good roleplayer anyway. XD)

Edited by Paxtonnnn

The poor wing looked recently healed, but could use a bit more of treatment, just in case, you know?
Nadas was confused, how could a crew of sailors not have medical supplies prepped and ready for adventure?

Oh right, maybe they were not sailors and just people trying to survive with whatever they had, just like her.

As soon as she recovered she'd explore the closest island to gather some supplies. Maybe mosquito sacks, some spider glands, a bit of honey... Some blue mushrooms maybe. All of those had healing properties Nadas discovered. Oh, and butterfly wings...

Silven who had been holding his left arm, was also chasing the fish around. He was trying to get close enough to observe them but his movements kept startling them. "Come back! I wish to gather data on your kind. Why won't you cease your movement just for a moment? Is this your natural habitat? Must you stay in this 'Water'? Is the gl-" He slipped in the Water, making a splash as he fell down.

A light tummy rumble returned Kate's thoughts to that of food, and her eyes light up not literally as she remembered something she could eat without having to cook it. She quickly darted down the cargo hold steps to where Kade had left the weird berries, still wrapped up in her blanket. She still didn't know whether she liked them or not, but it was at least something. Now that she thought about it, the other crew members might like to try them too. She set Wiffle n' hat down, picked up the blanket-basket with both hands, and started to go back up stairs, almost completely missing Syndir, who seemed even more tense and on edge than usual. She didn't miss him though, and so he was the one she first offered the berries to.